Page 1 of 2

W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:35 pm
by LibertyCabbage
Let's do something fun and easy. My idea is to do video interviews with y'all.

Yes, video interviews. I know y'all are misanthropic shut-ins, but that's kind of the point. I want to make you uncomfortable. It's healthy.

And yes, I'll be posting these on YouTube, so everyone in the world will find out what you look like.

If you want to participate, reply here or send me a PM, and we'll figure out the rest.

Some Q&As...

Is this going to be incredibly fun?
Yes.

Is this going to instantly make me become Internet famous?
Yes.

Are you gonna be mean to me?
No. My questions will be about your webcomic/s and webcomics in general. I interviewed Cope a long time ago, and it'll be like that.

I don't like you because you made me upset that one time.
Get over it.

What software are you gonna use?
Probably Skype.

How long will the interview be?
I dunno, about 20 minutes?

Uh ... my webcam's broken, or something...
Fine. We'll just do audio then.

I'm a hideous monster who looks nasty and gross.
Wear a paper bag over your head.

I live in some crazy time zone where we don't even know what lemonade is.
We'll figure it out.

<some bullshit>
No.

Counter-Proposal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:27 pm
by VileTerror
Colour me interested.
Granted, I understand if the deviation from regular webcomic conventions which I Blame Danny represents may make me personally ineligible for your criteria. I would still like to propose that you consider offering interviewees the option of non-live interviews. This understandably changes the potential results of the interview process, but would offer authors the opportunity to give particularly thoughtful and carefully weighted responses. For my own part, it would afford me the chance to fix my video "in post," but also give you the chance to splice the raw video to craft an engaging piece as you see fit.

What do you think?

Re: Counter-Proposal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:34 am
by LibertyCabbage
VileTerror wrote:Colour me interested.
Granted, I understand if the deviation from regular webcomic conventions which I Blame Danny represents may make me personally ineligible for your criteria. I would still like to propose that you consider offering interviewees the option of non-live interviews. This understandably changes the potential results of the interview process, but would offer authors the opportunity to give particularly thoughtful and carefully weighted responses. For my own part, it would afford me the chance to fix my video "in post," but also give you the chance to splice the raw video to craft an engaging piece as you see fit.

What do you think?
Jeez you're uptight. The point isn't to have a thoughtful discussion; the point is to make you uncomfortable. You seem like exactly the kind of person who needs to do a live interview.

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:34 pm
by Toxic
I would kill to see a video interview with VileTerror.

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:54 am
by LibertyCabbage
Toxic wrote:I would kill to see a video interview with VileTerror.
You're pretty chill. Let me interview you instead. Everyone will want to do it when they see how much fun it is.

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:19 pm
by Toxic
LibertyCabbage wrote:
Toxic wrote:I would kill to see a video interview with VileTerror.
You're pretty chill. Let me interview you instead. Everyone will want to do it when they see how much fun it is.


Ha, if you want to, sure, though I haven't authored a regular comic since 2006.

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:20 pm
by LibertyCabbage
Toxic wrote:Ha, if you want to, sure, though I haven't authored a regular comic since 2006.
I'm sure I can come up with some random questions. I'll send you a PM.

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:32 pm
by Yeahduff
Toxic wrote:I would kill to see a video interview with VileTerror.


Would certainly watch such a thing.

I'm naturally evasive and don't say much but I'd do this I guess.

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:44 pm
by Toxic
Yeahduff wrote:
Toxic wrote:I would kill to see a video interview with VileTerror.

Would certainly watch such a thing.

I'm naturally evasive and don't say much but I'd do this I guess.


I would double-kill to see a video interview with Yeahduff. And I would triple-kill if it were a joint interview with Yeahduff and ThePeppermintLetDown.

LibertyCabbage wrote:
Toxic wrote:Ha, if you want to, sure, though I haven't authored a regular comic since 2006.
I'm sure I can come up with some random questions. I'll send you a PM.



I'm half expecting this interview to go like this:

https://vimeo.com/50784087

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:09 pm
by LibertyCabbage
Yeahduff wrote:I'm naturally evasive and don't say much but I'd do this I guess.
Pretty much the whole forum is like this, which is why the idea seems fun to me. It's something new.

Toxic wrote:I'm half expecting this interview to go like this:

https://vimeo.com/50784087
I kind of want that toilet mug now. But no, the questions are normal questions. The part that's supposed to be uncomfortable is just that you're showing your face on the Internet and giving real-time answers. It's an exercise in self-awareness.

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:19 am
by LibertyCabbage
I screwed up the recording, so it only has my audio. Also, I'm sick, so my voice is kinda crappy.


Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:58 pm
by Toxic
Now everybody else do this!

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:18 pm
by Yeahduff
Looking forward to watching this.

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:43 pm
by LibertyCabbage


I messed up my video again, and there's an echo with Yeahduff's voice since I didn't use headphones, but I'll try to get it right next time. Anyways, who's next? VileTerror? Anyone?

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:15 am
by Toxic
Whoah! Christmas came early!

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:37 pm
by Yeahduff
I look super-intense in that keyframe.

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:06 pm
by LibertyCabbage
C'mon people. You can do it. And this video's proof that ain't skeered to show my face:



Yeahduff wrote:I look super-intense in that keyframe.
That's what YouTube picked. It's ... better now, I guess?

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:59 pm
by Yeahduff
Wasn't a serious complaint or anything but I guess.

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:33 pm
by Ideal Comics
what is W.A.Y.?

Re: W.A.Y. 2017: Make Comic Genesis Great Again

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:05 pm
by Mr Ekshin
What does W.A.Y. stand for? Not telling people alienates newcomers. Now we can't be friends. :(