If It Weren't for Keenspace ...

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

If It Weren't for Keenspace ...

Postby VileTerror on Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:37 am

It's been ten years since viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78582 and I felt it could be a little inspiring to remember what this community has been able to provide its members over the years. There's no reason the community can't continue to unite and stimulate, so long as it has active members. I encourage you to do your part, as to revitalize Keenspace in a positive and meaningful way.
Haughty spirit and pride make for a wild roller coaster ride!
I mean, as long as you like fairly final endings.
VileTerror
Anti-Villain

Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.

Re: If It Weren't for Keenspace ...

Postby Ti-Phil on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:21 am

If it weren't for keenspace/comic genesis I might have never been able to get into my trade. It helped me to push my drawing skills past my limits as well as being a way to communicate in english, something I do not do on a daily basis at work nor at home.
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Postby Toxic on Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:18 pm

... I would never have believed in love.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Postby Terotrous on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:33 am

In what ways did CG NOT change my life? CG helped me to become more confident and outgoing, and being exposed to many of the cool things people were doing drove me to be more ambitious with my own projects. If I had never been to CG I'm sure my novel would never exist, for example, and of all the things I've done that's probably the one I'm most proud of. Also, I met the person I love here, which was also a pretty big deal.

Looking back on the thread VT linked, I really feel like we were a part of something great, and I'm thankful I got to be here for it. I can't believe it's been 10 years. I still remember most of the people there even after not hearing from them all this time. I hope all the rest of the gang have also moved on to do great things, or at least wasted the last 10 years in a really awesome way.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

Postby Yeahduff on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Wow. VileTerror.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Postby LibertyCabbage on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:18 pm

This might come across as bragging ... but whatever.

If it weren't for CG, I wouldn't have started my blog. And I showed my blog to a publisher, and they hired me to manage one of their e-zines.

I can't say that I got the job entirely because of my blog, as I brought up other publications I've worked on since I joined CG ... but it probably helped.

The best part is that spending eight hours a day doing this is making me become a much better editor and writer. When I write for my blog now, I feel like I'm on brain-steroids compared to how I was even just a few months ago. I think part of it, though, is that I just feel so much better now that I'm out of my boring, soul-crushing, dead-end job. I'm no longer feeling burdened and weighed down by all the negativity I associated with it.

It's still kind of hard to work on my blog since I'm tired and exhausted by the end of the day ... but I'm feeling better now than I have in a long time.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dr Legostar on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:41 pm

Ten years ago I responded to that thread with

"Without CG i wouldn't be making as many people laugh and wouldn't be laughing as much because of a lot of people. I've discovered so many great people through CG and many friends I hope to keep for a very long time."

Still holds true.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain

Postby [AlmightyPyro] on Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:48 pm

If it weren't for Keenspace, I probably wouldn't have the career I have today, and I probably wouldn't have ever looked outside the boundaries of my little Texas town to realize how ignorant and stupid I was as a 15 year old.

It's good to see you guys again.
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero

Return to General Discussion