Speed drawing

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Speed drawing

Postby Ti-Phil on Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:39 am

Good day! I was wondering if any of you ever did speed drawing videos (where you are showing how you drew something to the world online). I tried my hand at it and was wondering if you had any comment, suggestion or any video of your own!
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
Héro de Dessin Animé

Re: Speed drawing

Postby Bustertheclown on Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:36 am

Yeah, actually I do. Or I have done. I'm currently wrestling with trying to get my copy of Premiere working again since a recent update to Windows 10. Not that I'm particularly good at attracting viewers, but I watch a lot of speed drawing videos, too. Based on what I see from others and what little info I can glean from the stats of my own channel, as far as I can tell, there seems to be a sort of optimal length of a speed drawing video. People like them short and fast, it would seem. Around 5 minutes is probably the best target. Anything over ten minutes, and viewer attention seems to tank. I also see a lot of people narrating over their videos, and that seems to go over well, especially with longer videos.

Nice video! I went ahead and subscribed, in case you decide to do more.

Here's my channel. I'm drawing comics again, and once I figure out what the hell is going on with my copy of Premiere, I'll start posting videos again. I'm thinking about streaming via Twitch, too, but I still have to do some figuring on the logistics of that.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

Cartoon Hero

Return to General Discussion