Speed drawing

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Speed drawing

Postby Ti-Phil on Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:39 am

Good day! I was wondering if any of you ever did speed drawing videos (where you are showing how you drew something to the world online). I tried my hand at it and was wondering if you had any comment, suggestion or any video of your own!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKBa0ndORTw
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Re: Speed drawing

Postby Bustertheclown on Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:36 am

Yeah, actually I do. Or I have done. I'm currently wrestling with trying to get my copy of Premiere working again since a recent update to Windows 10. Not that I'm particularly good at attracting viewers, but I watch a lot of speed drawing videos, too. Based on what I see from others and what little info I can glean from the stats of my own channel, as far as I can tell, there seems to be a sort of optimal length of a speed drawing video. People like them short and fast, it would seem. Around 5 minutes is probably the best target. Anything over ten minutes, and viewer attention seems to tank. I also see a lot of people narrating over their videos, and that seems to go over well, especially with longer videos.

Nice video! I went ahead and subscribed, in case you decide to do more.

Here's my channel. I'm drawing comics again, and once I figure out what the hell is going on with my copy of Premiere, I'll start posting videos again. I'm thinking about streaming via Twitch, too, but I still have to do some figuring on the logistics of that.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Return to General Discussion