Discord Comic Chat

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Discord Comic Chat

Postby IVstudios on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:52 am

A few people have mentioned they'd like a new place for webcomic discussions since the forums have died down, but they don't like Twitter for various reasons. And that's very legitimate, Twitter is great for short little back-and-forths, but not good for long discussions. The hangouts are fun, but hard to organize.

We were trying to come up with a good chat method similar to the old IRC but more accessible/less outdated. So Elli (You guys might not know her, but she's Sin's artist for their current comic) did some research and found Discord, which is intended to be a gaming chat app, but seems like it would work well for what we need. She set up a comic chat room called Brush Bromance for comic chats.

I thought I'd share it here if you guys want to check it out and join the chat. You can find it at https://t.co/fU0nzFnBgv
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Re: Discord Comic Chat

Postby Tim on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:58 pm

It's telling me the invite has expired.

I would also mention that Slack seems to be all the rage nowadays.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I'm making a game. Help is appreciated.
Tim
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:22 pm

Looks like the invites are only good for 24 hours. Tim, I'll PM you a new invite. If anyone else is interested in joining send me a PM or Twitter message and I'll give you an invite link.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:03 pm

It sounds cool, but I personally can't really do chat rooms.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Return to General Discussion