End of Keenspace.com?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

At least they deleted the It Just Bugs Me forum.

Postby Cope on Sat May 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Yeah, but the TVtropes community was all of the bad stuff and none of the good stuff.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Re: At least they deleted the It Just Bugs Me forum.

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat May 03, 2014 7:08 pm

Cope wrote:Yeah, but the TVtropes community was all of the bad stuff and none of the good stuff.

The worst shit got filtered out and now has its *OWN* special off-site site. Phor example There is an entire wiki for what used to be the "Fetish Fuel" thread.

Now you know! And knowing makes you consider heroin.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Re: End of Keenspace.com?

Postby McDuffies on Mon May 05, 2014 5:27 am

Yeah, an entire forum for people making up stories about sexual experiences they never had.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Re: At least they deleted the It Just Bugs Me forum.

Postby Kisai on Fri May 09, 2014 7:17 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:
Cope wrote:Yeah, but the TVtropes community was all of the bad stuff and none of the good stuff.

The worst shit got filtered out and now has its *OWN* special off-site site. Phor example There is an entire wiki for what used to be the "Fetish Fuel" thread.

That's how the internet works. If you don't like it, and you don't bark loud enough, you take your ball and go home. Open source and Creative Commons just makes it stupidly easy to do so and causes fragmentation. Sometimes that fragmentation is necessary to keep everyone happy, but ultimately people forking content for petty selfish reasons are in the wrong.

Anyhow. The keenspace.com domain still works, it's supposed to forward to comicgenesis.com. Further to the point, the problem with renaming keenspace to comicgenesis was because it was done without any input from those using the service (what was it originally going to be... webcomicspace or something?) and the direct assocation of the Keen brand resulted in a lot of people thinking they were part of KeenSPOT when they were not. This still happens too when we get emails from people who want to delete their "stuff they drew in high school" and didn't think very hard how permanent the internet is.

People don't need a "free" host anymore unless they don't have a credit card. Most of the cheap hosts are viable, but they are terrible growth vectors.

BTW, Comicgenesis won the "vs Drunkduck" war because Drunkduck died twice and was finally renamed "theduckwebcomics" which seems a bit more mature, but it's still owned by Wowio. I won't even get into the fraud associated with Platinum Studios who owned Wowio and Drunkduck at the time. There is a chance that you may have lost the rights to your comic if you dealt with Platinum Studios, and as such this is again a lesson, like eFront was, that you should always read the Terms and Conditions of any contract, especially when it is your own content you upload.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Who is it that is supposed to make posts appear?

Postby Temporary Account on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:31 pm

Well, my posts haven't appeared yet, it seems, so I suppose a forum mod has deleted them or just not approved them yet. In any event, the Keenspace.com redirect seems to be operational again.
Hurray!
Temporary Account

Previous

Return to General Discussion