Webcomic Above You 2014

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Webcomic Above You 2014

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:44 am

Tero I'm about a third-to-half through What Lies Beyond.
Have made a ton of notes, but I think it's gonna take me longer than usual for your review.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Terotrous on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:38 pm

RobboAKAscooby wrote:Tero I'm about a third-to-half through What Lies Beyond.
Have made a ton of notes, but I think it's gonna take me longer than usual for your review.

Just a heads up, the entire story isn't actually posted yet, just in case it seems to "end" abruptly or something. It's around the 75% mark.

And I can appreciate that it takes a while to read a whole book. I typically finish reading about 1 book per year lol.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Terotrous wrote:
RobboAKAscooby wrote:Tero I'm about a third-to-half through What Lies Beyond.

Just a heads up, the entire story isn't actually posted yet, just in case it seems to "end" abruptly or something. It's around the 75% mark.

And I can appreciate that it takes a while to read a whole book. I typically finish reading about 1 book per year lol.

It's cool, I'm in a similar situation with my webnovel (except it's about 25% at the moment) and I can appreciate how long it takes to write/edit/finish a book.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu May 01, 2014 5:55 pm

.... Is the review/discussion thread broken? :( I can't read anything past JSC's last post in the thread, even though I know schoob and I have both posted in it... when I click "read unread posts" for that thread it just takes me to the beginning and only shows the first 16 posts.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Thu May 01, 2014 6:12 pm

I'm having the same problem.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Thu May 01, 2014 6:36 pm

Same. I was actually just refreshing my browser in confusion 'cause it said IV had the latest post but it wasn't showing up. D:
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby djracodex on Thu May 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Saaaaame. I just posted on that thread and I can't see anything past JSC.
djracodex
Regular Poster

Postby Terotrous on Thu May 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Yeah, it seems bugged, where's McDuffies?
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

I AM FAKE FIXING GUY

Postby Cope on Fri May 02, 2014 4:28 am

Hey guys I fixed the thread!

Okay not really!

The second page seems to be working all right, at least, even if half the posts on page one are still hidden.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Fri May 02, 2014 1:06 pm

thanx copeypaste
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Fri May 02, 2014 2:21 pm

hi, guys.
I'm supposed to be approving new users posts but it's a mess. There's a backlog of like 300 pages (20 pages each) that I'm supposed to go through and sort out real posts from spam not to mention that, as soon as I clean the backlog, hundreds of new spam posts appear the very next day. on this side of moderator barrier, forum looks like a constantly attacked high-maintenance mess.
Not to mention, some administrator tools that used to make moderating easier (such as a tool that allowed me to delete fake users in batches) have been broken for years.
Me, I just can't spare time for that. some times I can't afford time to post a postor two, let alone moderate hundreds of them.
If you know someone whose post is waiting for approval, I'll be glad to let them through, but I can't guarantee that I can keep it up to date.
So far I've been putting away tryingto get Kelly to find some other solution because I didn't think it was a pressing mattee, people weren't clamoring to register here (and I should know, for years a number of actual people wanting approval was close to zero), but eventually something should be done, seeing as I'm not exactly regular anymore.
Someone else should certainly be promoted to an admin. Also there should be a better way that posts approval. It has been working badly from the day one.

edit: also I don't know what's the problem with the other page, seems alright to me, butI doubt there's anything I could do anyway, since I'm not a real admin, I just play one.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Fri May 02, 2014 2:25 pm

I'll let the people know to pm/email me their new screen name to help out*. Thanks for keeping us posted.

*er, help the approval process that is.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby JSConner800 on Sat May 03, 2014 9:17 am

McDuffies wrote:hi, guys.
I'm supposed to be approving new users posts but it's a mess. There's a backlog of like 300 pages (20 pages each) that I'm supposed to go through and sort out real posts from spam not to mention that, as soon as I clean the backlog, hundreds of new spam posts appear the very next day. on this side of moderator barrier, forum looks like a constantly attacked high-maintenance mess.
Not to mention, some administrator tools that used to make moderating easier (such as a tool that allowed me to delete fake users in batches) have been broken for years.
Me, I just can't spare time for that. some times I can't afford time to post a postor two, let alone moderate hundreds of them.
If you know someone whose post is waiting for approval, I'll be glad to let them through, but I can't guarantee that I can keep it up to date.
So far I've been putting away tryingto get Kelly to find some other solution because I didn't think it was a pressing mattee, people weren't clamoring to register here (and I should know, for years a number of actual people wanting approval was close to zero), but eventually something should be done, seeing as I'm not exactly regular anymore.
Someone else should certainly be promoted to an admin. Also there should be a better way that posts approval. It has been working badly from the day one.

edit: also I don't know what's the problem with the other page, seems alright to me, butI doubt there's anything I could do anyway, since I'm not a real admin, I just play one.

What a nightmare. I know a guy from the Webcomic Underdogs whose username here is Coyote, and I think he's still waiting for approval. If you can help him through the front door, that'd be awesome McD :D
My eternal schlong unravels - VeryCuddlyCornpone
JSConner800
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat May 03, 2014 10:22 am

JSConner800 wrote:
McDuffies wrote:hi, guys.

What a nightmare. I know a guy from the Webcomic Underdogs whose username here is Coyote, and I think he's still waiting for approval. If you can help him through the front door, that'd be awesome McD :D

Looks like Coyote's good!
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Sat May 03, 2014 10:42 am

Noobies!!!
Join the W.A.Y.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Sat May 03, 2014 11:49 am

Yeah, I let Coyote in yesterday, after LC sent me a note.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby JSConner800 on Sat May 03, 2014 12:33 pm

Sweet, thanks a lot! Fresh meat :D
My eternal schlong unravels - VeryCuddlyCornpone
JSConner800
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat May 03, 2014 7:07 pm

i want to jump in again to review robybang's comic but don't want to put myself down for a third poop when i haven't even made a SINGLE poop of my own yet
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Shit!

Postby Cope on Sat May 03, 2014 7:40 pm

Stop talking about poop!
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Sat May 03, 2014 11:52 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:i want to jump in again to review robybang's comic but don't want to put myself down for a third poop when i haven't even made a SINGLE poop of my own yet

I should have your poop done by next weekend...and Tero's poop too...

Cope wrote:Stop talking about poop!

Po...

Okay.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion