Secret Santa this year?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Secret Santa this year?

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:40 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Mine's going to be a few days yet. I may have... I may have pulled something.

Psychologically.

Hmmm... :eyebrow:
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby djracodex on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:46 pm

Thanks for the posts everyone, my site needs some action :wink:

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Mine's going to be a few days yet. I may have... I may have pulled something.

Psychologically.

Oh dear, sounds exciting
djracodex
Regular Poster

Re: SHIT GUYS, THE CAB'S HERE, LET'S GO

Postby Peripheral Descent on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:01 pm

djracodex wrote:Welcome to the future, where the cars look like shoes and leg room doesn't matter
In the Happy Cab, we got Jak and Cal in the back, Storm turkered out with Harli who's no doubt like "Oh good, the big singing raptor thing is going to sit with us!"
Mortimer is sitting shotgun trying to strike up what looks like a conversation with the Happy Cabby himself, we all know what he's thinking.
Stumbling merrily towards the cab Tony, Meli and Ig, leaving Giome, "Everyone left their God-Damn coat!"

Yay, Happy New Year, eurryone!

I love how you really captured everyone's personalities in this! (I'm loving Giome having a tantrum especially, haha!!) This is pretty. :)

I'm really wishing I waited a little while and coloured mine first before uploading, lol!! >.>
Peripheral Descent
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:34 am

If you want to color yours, I'll put the color version on the Art part of my site when you're finished ^^
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Peripheral Descent on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:15 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:If you want to color yours, I'll put the color version on the Art part of my site when you're finished ^^

Oh, wow, that would be awesome! I'm working on a comic page right now, but I'll start colouring my picture as soon as I'm done that. :D
Peripheral Descent
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:19 am

you guys are gonna be like what the fuck why did you do this
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:58 am

djracodex wrote:2124
That's just too cool! Future CG looks cray-zee.

I'll get to mine eventually. My idea sounds pretty fun to do, I just gotta find time to do it.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:04 pm

i just need to finish coloring

i'm using this as an excuse to experiment with things and the results have been mixed sooooooooo just WARNING you UGYS
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Our House

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:25 am

Sssooo modern-day college type house party
i took a few liberties

Rosemary and Mortimer from The Mansion of E and Cecilia and Cal from my comic.
Rosemary didn't strike me as much of a drinker, so Cecilia is pouring her a cup of imported Serbian lemon-lime soda, "Fizzle McDuffies." Mortimer is helping Cal prepare some finger foods, and she is quite pleased with how well he rolled the mini hot dogs.

Sylvester from The Mansion of E, Nolan and Cara from Flying Tigers, and Aggie from my comic
Aggie hopped out onto the roof for a smoke, talking to Sylvester about his Mansion and his earl-ness and all that- she thinks he might be a little high, but he's friendly and interesting to talk to, so who is she to judge? It's a pretty cold New Year's Eve for a pair of Aussies, so Nolan and Cara are cuddled up tight waiting for Aggie and Sylvester to leave. Everybody left the window wide open, letting the house heat out like they were raised in a barn.

Whini from Masadjra, Freakboy from Freakboy Did a Bad Thing, Jak from Breath of Life, Ashley from Schoob's unnamed project, and Marie and Tony from my comic.
Everyone's in the den for a few rounds of Rock Band. Whini is pretty annoyed with Freakboy and thinks he sucks at the game and is the reason they keep losing. Freakboy is trying really damn hard but this guitar fuckin sucks, he keeps telling everyone it's busted. In the back, Jak and Marie had too much Fizzle McDuffies and are bouncing around on a sugar high, scream-singing along with the songs being played. Tony is determined to perfect this round before he allows himself to advance to "Hard Mode." Ash is just chillin, happy to have a night out hanging out with new people.

Seth from Schoob's unnamed project, Storm, Harli, and Brad from Flying Tigers, Rat from Masadjra, Giome from Breath of Life, and Eddie, Leon, and Joseph from my comic.
Seth's getting ready to enjoy a mini hot dog, but is too busy laughing at Brad trying to photobomb Harli and Rat's selfie. The girls don't care too much, they'll just take another one after he's gone. In the back is a friendly game of beer pong, Storm and Eddie are getting their butts kicked by Giome and Leon. Storm playfully smacktalks her opposition, but Eddie doesn't seem to give a shit as he's gonna be wasted soon anyway. Leon is highly impressed by Giome's precision throwing skills. I guess we're like, creepily peeking through the basement window or something because Joseph sees us, anyway he knows what's good and hopes you have a good year.

Here's the full house if you want it for some reason
And I broke them down if you guys want just the "rooms" your characters are in:
Schoob's dudes
LC's dude
[geoduck]'s dudes
djracodex and Peripheral Descent's dudes
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:12 pm

Cuddly that is freakin' awesome!!
Damn I really have to step my game for the next swap (whenever that is) and, you know, just in general.
I am just totally blown away...

I was like scroll down... Hey Nol and Cara getting all snuggly that's cute...
scroll down...wait that dude looks familiar, no way!...
scroll down...is that? and those two?...
Holy crap, I feel lazy!

And I just love some of the character touches, like Nol's sneakers and Harli wearing shorts.
Everyone just looks so perfect in your style.

And I'm gonna stop now because I am gushing like a fangirl.

Oh and I posted the full pic on my site.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:20 pm

RobboAKAscooby wrote:Cuddly that is freakin' awesome!!
Damn I really have to step my game for the next swap (whenever that is) and, you know, just in general.
I am just totally blown away...

I was like scroll down... Hey Nol and Cara getting all snuggly that's cute...
scroll down...wait that dude looks familiar, no way!...
scroll down...is that? and those two?...
Holy crap, I feel lazy!

And I just love some of the character touches, like Nol's sneakers and Harli wearing shorts.
Everyone just looks so perfect in your style.

And I'm gonna stop now because I am gushing like a fangirl.

Oh and I posted the full pic on my site.

Awww thanks Schoob! Glad you liked it :) I know I'm always one of the last people to put stuff up when it's swap time so I figured I ought to make it worth the wait this time, and it was a lot of fun to do. I really enjoyed getting to draw you guys' characters and break out of my "comfort zone" a bit, you know? Plus I got to try out some coloring techniques which is always a good thing. :)
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Peripheral Descent on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:13 pm

HOLY CRAP!!

You drew 23 CHARACTERS
And FOUR BACKGROUNDS (DETAAAAAILED)
And there's something unique happening in each one! Whoah!

This is really, really cool. And holy crap this must have taken a while. (I didn't have the patience even for mine, I posted it as soon as I got the linework done - I can't imagine finishing one, two and three pictures without posting one, haha!)
Peripheral Descent
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Oh shit, i hadn't even counted the characters. I was just like, well there's four in this room, four over there, a big group in this part and so forth... 23 makes it sound like a really big accomplishment lmao!!! I'm glad you liked it! It actually didn't take me that long to do I don't think? An hour here and there, it went quite quickly :P

HUGS FOR EVERYONNNNEE
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Peripheral Descent on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:46 pm

(Also, I coloured mine to make it pretty): http://breathoflife.webcomic.ws/files/s ... d_copy.jpg

The lineart was already posted back on page 1, so everyone's already seen it anyways, BUT! I don't wanna be a minority, lol. I'll have patience next time.
Peripheral Descent
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Nicely done! I love Joseph's Matlock-looking suit hahahahahaha XD
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby djracodex on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Holy cow dude, this is insane! Nice job! Seeing the pix coming through, our characters throw some sweet parties! Are those bagel bites or potato skins that Cal is dishing up? Oh man, I hope they're bagel bites. Seriously though, fantastic work!
Whini's fucking face! I can't XD It's too perfect!
djracodex
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:12 pm

djracodex wrote:Holy cow dude, this is insane! Nice job! Seeing the pix coming through, our characters throw some sweet parties! Are those bagel bites or potato skins that Cal is dishing up? Oh man, I hope they're bagel bites. Seriously though, fantastic work!
Whini's fucking face! I can't XD It's too perfect!

YES THEY'RE BAGEL BITES <3 Ohmygod when I was in sixth grade I would eat a tray of those every day when I got home from school, how was I not tremendously large.

WHINI HAS AN ARM TATTOO BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY

Yeah, when I was drawing this, I was like, awww, look, everyone gets along so well! What luck that all our characters have such great chemistry! Then I was like fuuck they're just drawn this way.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby [geoduck] on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Yes, very well done VCC, and thanks for the colored version PD.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:03 am

Peripheral Descent wrote:(Also, I coloured mine to make it pretty): http://breathoflife.webcomic.ws/files/s ... d_copy.jpg

The lineart was already posted back on page 1, so everyone's already seen it anyways, BUT! I don't wanna be a minority, lol. I'll have patience next time.

Cool! Nice choice of colours dude!
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:20 pm

These turned out great! You really got the "party atmosphere" down, and everyone has a little story going on. The coloring and backgrounds look great, too.

I should be able to get to mine pretty soon.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion