Helping out a CG alumnus

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Helping out a CG alumnus

Postby oriongates on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:01 am

Hi there. It has been a long, long time since I've been around but I figure there are good odds that some of you guys might remember me. But I'm really hoping you'll remember NJ Huff, author of Emergency Exit Comics who is now my wife. It's been a while since NJ was involved with the comic community, but not by choice. She's been dealing with chronic pain that has prevented her from working and drawing well over a year now. We've been through a lot of doctors and a whole lot of painkillers and things have only gotten worse as time goes on unfortunately.

In the morning she'll be admitted to the hospital to spend the weekend on a steady treatment of painkillers which will hopefully keep the pain at bay long enough to allow her body to relax and the nerves to start recovering. Right now she's looking forward to spending some time pain-free but she's still scared that this won't work and she's been feeling isolated and lonely since her condition makes it difficult for her to visit friends or even keep up with most folks online.

Since CG is where Emergency Exit was born I'm hoping there are still people here who remember NJ, either personally or as fans of her work with Emergency Exit and Undead Friend. If you could, this weekend, please send her an email at eecomics@gmail.com to wish her well, and if you know any other fans and can pass this on it would be greatly appreciated. She really needs to know that are people who are looking forward to her recovery and hope for the best for her.
oriongates

Re: Helping out a CG alumnus

Postby IVstudios on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Hey I remeber you! :D

Also: That's awful! :( But maybe will be good soon? Good luck to the both of you, and I'll be sure to send her an encouraging email.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

must've gotten lost in the high volume of posts we have here

Postby Cope on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Crap, why didn't I notice this thread earlier? Well, I sent something on through.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Re: Helping out a CG alumnus

Postby oriongates on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:11 pm

thanks for everyone who sent encouragement. She's out now and although things are not exactly fixed we're hopeful that we've found something that can help long-term. Still hanging on.
oriongates

Return to General Discussion