Anyone up for Halloween costume swap 2013?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Anyone up for Halloween costume swap 2013?

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:24 pm

I know there's like three of us with updating comics but whatever, Schoob you join too, you have to draw you, Schoob, dressed up like the other person's character, and they have to draw their character dressed up like you, Schoob (alternatively like schooby dhoo)

C'mon and join, gang, it could make a great filler page!
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Re: Anyone up for Halloween costume swap 2013?

Postby IVstudios on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:01 am

I'm always up for these sort of things. :D
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:43 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Schoob you join too, you have to draw you, Schoob, dressed up like the other person's character, and they have to draw their character dressed up like you, Schoob (alternatively like schooby dhoo)

An intriguing concept but it would require me to show pictures of myself and that doesn't happen often.
Alternatively peeps are more than welcome to hit up the Flying Tigers webnovel for inspiration.

On a completely unrelated note I'm off to delete some stuff off social networking sites *whistles nonchalantly*

Oh and I just thought of a Halloween pic for my site! Thanks Cuddly!
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:58 pm

YESSSS
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby [geoduck] on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:15 am

I'll do it.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Since only three people responded I'm just going to draw some of my characters dressed up as each of your characters. I've already drawn halloween swap art for all of you except Schoob.

fuk all prepz.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:49 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Since only three people responded I'm just going to draw some of my characters dressed up as each of your characters.

That sounds like a plan (unless there's a sudden rush here)
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:12 am

Got pics for Mansion of E and Loud Era drawn and inked.
Drawing one for Inhumation at the moment.
Should be all done by midnight...
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:26 am

Awww, schoob!!

It turns out I have today off so I'll have time to draw some stuff.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby [geoduck] on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:13 pm

Managed to bash something out for everyone. You may detect a sort of theme. Happy Candy Day!

[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:55 pm

Thanks Duckie, that's awesome. :)

A little late, but here you are. We have Marco as Seth from AYUC; Theo and Kame as Loud Era's power couple Leon and Cal who are totally getting back together you guys they just have to and Claire, (who cannot handle this party right now seriously) as Rosemary from Mansion of E.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:39 am

Okay totally meant to have this posted before work today but things got out of control so...

First up are Snow, Wind and Aiyce from my book series Maelstrom Heart as the Mansion of E crew.

The Seacliffe High Cheerleaders in a "sexy" version of the Satan Burger uniform ('cause it seems like the kind of thing they'd do).

The Flying Tigers as some of the Loud Era cast, I'll leave it to you to figure out who they're dressed as.

Also bigger versions available at my site.
Last edited by RobboAKAscooby on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:43 am

[geoduck] wrote:Image

Reow! Sexy demon cheerleaders :lol:

IVstudios wrote:Image
A little late, but here you are. We have Marco as Seth from AYUC; Theo and Kame as Loud Era's power couple Leon and Cal who are totally getting back together you guys they just have to and Claire, (who cannot handle this party right now seriously) as Rosemary from Mansion of E.

Cool!
And also I really need to think of a name for that damn comic (which didn't get two pages this week 'cause of all the other art I had to get done :cry: )
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby [geoduck] on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:39 am

RobboAKAscooby wrote:Reow! Sexy demon cheerleaders :lol:

They are Gnolls, rather than demons, but yeah. Thanks for your pic, and you too, IVstudios. I've put them both in the queue for posting on my site, and they'll be up in a few days.

If it matters to anyone, the characters in mine are Camora and Sina, Camora again her mate Comshaw, and lastly Mimsy and Skuy.
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:55 am

YOU GUYS THESE ARE ALL ADORABLE PLEEEEAASE

[geoduck] I love the little waft of hair coming off of Comshaw's head XD They almost look like they belong in the American Gothic painting.

IV Theo and Kame look so happy in their old timey clothes hahahahaha I know I've drawn Leon as Theo and Cal as Kame in the past and I didn't want to repeat it, so I started a sketch with different folks in those roles, but I felt had to change it back because I just think it's such a good swap. I feel like Kame and Cal would get along in real life, if you take away like the 90-year age difference and if Cal could get over the ~SCANDALOUS~ piercings and tattoos.

Schoob I love it you fit everybody in there!! Nolan looks so dapper, I feel like he belongs in (box office flop but beloved classic) Atlantis. And it looks like "Marie" and "Eddie" are finally going to get together after all XD And "Tony's" newfound height gives him a perving advantage I see... :P

I'm sorry my own entries are so late. I've been in a depressed funk the past few days and got jack shit done on anything, art related or otherwise. At least the sun is out today, hopefully that will help me knuckle down and finish these nice cookies for all of you. YOU GUYS ARE SO NICE AND ACTUALLY MAKE UP A CONSIDERABLE PORTION OF MY FRIEND CIRCLE
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:17 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Schoob I love it you fit everybody in there!! Nolan looks so dapper, I feel like he belongs in (box office flop but beloved classic) Atlantis. And it looks like "Marie" and "Eddie" are finally going to get together after all XD And "Tony's" newfound height gives him a perving advantage I see... :P

I'll admit I had the most fun with this, all the "period" clothing made a difference from the contemporary stuff my characters normally wear (even in MH which 400 years in the future).
I have the idea Naomi wore the "stacked" dress to get Eric's attention but as usual he's being moody. But hey Brad's appreciating the style choice XD

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:I'm sorry my own entries are so late. I've been in a depressed funk the past few days and got jack shit done on anything, art related or otherwise. At least the sun is out today, hopefully that will help me knuckle down and finish these nice cookies for all of you. YOU GUYS ARE SO NICE AND ACTUALLY MAKE UP A CONSIDERABLE PORTION OF MY FRIEND CIRCLE

Awww, hope you feel less funked soon. Don't worry about the lateness.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby [geoduck] on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:54 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:[geoduck] I love the little waft of hair coming off of Comshaw's head XD They almost look like they belong in the American Gothic painting.

That was my attempt at drawing a wig- he's actually bald. :-)
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:29 pm

[geoduck] wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:[geoduck] I love the little waft of hair coming off of Comshaw's head XD They almost look like they belong in the American Gothic painting.

That was my attempt at drawing a wig- he's actually bald. :-)

It's brilliant! Like a sad little toupee that shall blow away at an inopportune time- not that he's the type to be self-conscious about that. And of course the sideburn also is adorable.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:25 pm

All of them are finished! :) I'm going to scan them in and upload them tomorrow, I think I need to give my eyes and neck a rest for tonight. It was a lot of fun to work on them and I hope you guys'll enjoy lookin at 'em :) I'm pretty proud of the way they turned out.

While working on them, my (felt) brush tip pen started to croak- the end has become frayed and no longer leaves a reliably solid line. Arghghghg. And my .7 and .5 are starting to crap out on me, I can't tell if it's the ink or the nibs that need replacing though. I'm like 90% sure i just replaced the nib in one of them? I really need to start writing down when I replace inks and nibs because this is really dumb
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:39 am

Yaaaaay

For Schoob, greetings from the Jersey Shore! Cecilia as Harli, Aggie in Storm's cute pink dress, and Ulysses all buff and ready to have a good time as Nolan from Flying Tigers! Schoob, you had mentioned it was fun to get to draw your characters wearing clothes from a different time period- oh boy, do I hear ya. It's a nice change to get to draw my characters wearing clothes that look comfortable to me, as well as letting them show a little more skin.

For [geoduck]! With this one, I tried to make the outfits look like things that the guys could have actually put together themselves, thus why there's a sickle instead of the famed can opener. Eddie lacks Sylvester's manly chin, and seems to be channeling either Arthur Read or Hank Hill. Tony is happy as Niddle, unaware that he looks like a seven year old excited about the first day of school. And Frank tries to look imposing and authoritive as "Ross-Martin"- mileage may vary on whether he succeeds.

For IV! Like I mentioned the other day, we've got the return of "Theon" and Cal/Kame, because it's just too perfect to switch up. Marie doesn't get why Claire avoids the Satan Burger food- these things are sinfully addictive!
(I'd like to pretend the imgur filename for this one really says "Bob Ross-o." We're just going to paint some happy flames on our hellscape!)

And finally, a bonus one, because I thought it was a funny idea, but I'm probably the only one that thinks so-
Joseph does a decent job cosplaying IV himself from his comic blog thing. I picture you being a righty, IV, but the picture can *easily* be horizontally flipped for accuracy if not. Sorry about your non-Euclidean keyboard and computer table, though, and the melting mauve walls.

Hooray! Great job, gang! Happy that there's a quiet but determined heartbeat of participation around this place yet :P I really enjoyed working on these a lot- my gang has never looked better!
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to General Discussion