Your Gaming Past/Pres/Futu

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Your Gaming Past/Pres/Futu

Postby Ti-Phil on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:25 am

Currently still playing Shin Megami Tensei 4.... Two cycles done (nihlist and law) and I want to try neutral this time.
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Postby Bustertheclown on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:28 pm

The Humble Indie Bundle this time around is pretty great.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Now I have unlimited useless rupees! Hooray!

Postby Cope on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:59 am

Well, it took me thirteen years, but I finally got all the gold skulltulas in Ocarina of Time
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby IVstudios on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:09 am

An achievement you will no doubt look back upon as totally worth it while you lay on your deathbed.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

...everything tastes like keyboard...

Postby Cope on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:14 am

I couldn't take my hands off the controller the entire time. I'm glad I don't have to type posts with my tongue anymore.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Re: Now I have unlimited useless rupees! Hooray!

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Cope wrote:Well, it took me thirteen years, but I finally got all the gold skulltulas in Ocarina of Time

My ongoing goal in life is to win all the scenarios in the original Rollercoaster Tycoon. I got really close when I was 13 or 14 years old. Well, "close," whatever. Then the computer crashed and I lost all the saved games.

It'll happen one day.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Warren on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:24 am

:(
Man, I've got to start gaming again. And comicking again.
And maybe it's time to get the band back together.
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby JSConner800 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:55 pm

So, for Halloween, I decided to download Outlast, which is a bit like Amnesia, except you're in an abandoned insane asylum, and instead of a lantern, you have a video camera with creepy night vision mode for when it gets dark. So, in other words, it's ten times worse. I started playing it last night, quit in less than an hour, and am now afraid to go back tonight. Ahhh, fuck it, it's Halloween. If you don't see me on these forums again, you'll know who to blame.

The madman with the cleaver in the basement.
My eternal schlong unravels - VeryCuddlyCornpone
JSConner800
Regular Poster

Postby Terotrous on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Pokemon Y ate my whole life since it came out. I'm already at 185 hours and the game only came out 3 and a half weeks ago.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

Postby Bustertheclown on Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:10 am

Terotrous wrote:Pokemon Y ate my whole life since it came out. I'm already at 185 hours and the game only came out 3 and a half weeks ago.

My roommate is the same way. It's pretty much all I see him do.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Postby djracodex on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:20 am

JSConner800 wrote:So, for Halloween, I decided to download Outlast, which is a bit like Amnesia, except you're in an abandoned insane asylum, and instead of a lantern, you have a video camera with creepy night vision mode for when it gets dark. So, in other words, it's ten times worse. I started playing it last night, quit in less than an hour, and am now afraid to go back tonight. Ahhh, fuck it, it's Halloween. If you don't see me on these forums again, you'll know who to blame.

The madman with the cleaver in the basement.

That sounds like the best thing ever, i wil have to look into this. I recently started playing 'Amnisia: Machine for Pigs', only for about 30 minutes lol Enough to get to the part where you find out all the pictures in your house are actually one-way windows...your house is filled with pictures. Not sure why, but I found that to be the MOST UNSETTLING THING EVER.
djracodex
Regular Poster

Postby JSConner800 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:58 pm

djracodex wrote:That sounds like the best thing ever, i wil have to look into this. I recently started playing 'Amnisia: Machine for Pigs', only for about 30 minutes lol Enough to get to the part where you find out all the pictures in your house are actually one-way windows...your house is filled with pictures. Not sure why, but I found that to be the MOST UNSETTLING THING EVER.

I think I can say with confidence that Outlast is the scariest game I've ever played. And that's not necessarily a good thing. It preys on so many primal fears and keeps the tension running for so long that playing it is actually kind of exhausting, and I have to psych myself up every time I go back to it. The worst part is, the game almost literally sucks you into the body of the protagonist thanks to all the little details they put into the first person POV. When you walk up to corners, your character reaches his hand out to steady himself on the wall, and when enemies are around, you can hear how terrified he is/you are when his breathing changes. And believe me, few things are worse than being chased through the dark by a naked psychopath with a 2x4, hiding under a mattress, and watching helplessly as he stops, crouches down, looks at you with those creepy reflective night-visioned eyes, and grabs you.

Supposedly the game is only 4 or 5 hours long, but I still haven't beaten it, and I've had it for roughly a month lol. This is coming from a hardcore horror vet who's played through all the Silent Hills, Resident Evils (though those don't really count after 4), and the first Amnesia. I want to play Machine for Pigs, and it sounds awesome. It'll probably be a relief after I eventually finish Outlast XD
My eternal schlong unravels - VeryCuddlyCornpone
JSConner800
Regular Poster

Postby Bustertheclown on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Looking over my wishlist from about a year ago, I thought I'd take stock, just for fun...

GTA IV Now I'm waiting for the PC port of GTA V.

Batman: Arkham City Kind of a bummer, though, since I bought it on EA Origin, and there seems to be no way to salvage it when Games for Windows Live is killed in 2014. At least a new copy will be had for cheap through a future Steam sale. I'll play Arkham Asylum first, though.

the various Assassin's Creed games

Bioshock (plus Bioshock 2 and Infinite.)

Farcry 1-3

Borderlands 1 & 2

Beyond Good and Evil

Dark Souls
I played this for a while, but could never get past that damned Capra Demon. I should see if I can do it now.

Crysis 1 & 2 I don't think I really want to play these anymore, actually.

Mount & Blade Holy hell, what a fun game! I've had to rage quit a few times, though. Nothing crappier than amassing an army of veterans, only to get captured.

Dragon's Dogma - I'd forgotten about this game. I guess it's console exclusive, which explains why I'd forgotten about it.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Tried it, but didn't like it.

Dragon's Age: Origins - Still looking for it as a good deal. I'm hoping this current Steam Sale will take it down below $10. Then, I'll buy it.

Fallout: New Vegas Haven't put much time into it. I guess I prefer swords over guns. Then again, I could just run around as a melee character with a shishkebab.

TES V: Skyrim Skyrim has essentially owned my life for the last year or so. I don't see it letting up anytime soon.

Scribblenauts Unlimited Quite a lot of fun. Also got the recent Scribblenauts Unmasked. I wish there was a way to combine the two.

various LEGO games, but especially Lord of the Rings, Batman, and Harry Potter

Mass Effect I-III

Dishonored

Wow. I've gotten a lot of games in a year. That's not even half of what I'd actually bought. Sure is easy to get inexpensive games, thanks to bundles and sales these days. Can't say I'm complaining, but I've now got enough gaming material to keep me busy for years.

Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Postby Warren on Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:51 am

I've actually been thinking of getting one of those arcade joystick setups for MAMEing. Anyone have any experience with them?

I don't have a PS4. :(
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby Bustertheclown on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:18 pm

Well, cross Dragon Age, Far Cry, and Dishonored off my list. I guess I've got everything I've ever wanted now...

Recently, I've gotten pretty intrigued by point-and-click adventure games, and have been buying them when I see them on sale wherever. It's nice and relaxing, like watching a show, only interactively. Anyone play these sorts of games? Any recommendations? And visual novels, as well, although too many of those seem to be of the mopey, "gotta find a girlfriend" variety.

I've always wanted to make a cool visual novel. Seems like it would be a neat summer project. Playing these adventure games just makes me want to do it even more.

Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to General Discussion