Favorite Cartoon Character?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Favorite Cartoon Character?

Postby Yeahduff on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:38 am

Guess I can't honestly answer anyone other than Daria.

A few years ago I had some hair-brained scheme that we could run a poll on the greatest comic book/cartoon characters of all time. Like everyone would do a top ten and we'd compile them and we'd have this epic rollout. What a stupid fucking idea that was.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)

Postby McDuffies on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:36 pm

That's weird on many accounts... how one, how do you manage to not grow up with Tom and Jerry cartoons? (Mind you, episodes I remember most clearly from my childhood where the late Hanna & Barbera studio ones, the awfully bland ones where they're actually friends. It makes sense since I always liked Tom more than Jerry, that as a kid I would remember a serial in which he doesn't actually get hurt.)
And if you don't know the characters, what do you make of them in the movie? Do you think "this story about the orphaned girl is kind of interesting, but why did they throw this pointless cat and mouse in it?"
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Bobadventures on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Bugs Bunny all the way.

For funny characters, some others would be Wile E. Coyote & the Road Runner, Brak, and Dangermouse.

For adventure characters, I'd go with Superman, Spider-Man, Desslok (the villain from Star Blazers), and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
Bobadventures
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion