CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY (Game)- Fading Aura wins!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: I have an idea...CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY (Game)

Postby McDuffies on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:05 pm

which end?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:02 pm

McDuffies wrote:which end?

The final one.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:25 pm

And just like that, LibertyCabbage jumps into the lead with a SECOND POINT.

Bustertheclown will now have the honor and privilege of judging this round of responses to:

_________. High five, bro.

High five, indeed.

And remember, you can still submit two answers if you gamble one of your points.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 pm

What points?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby LibertyCabbage on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:32 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:
Laemkral wrote:Mountain Dew Code Red. It's a trap!

I really liked this one, because I have learned that said drink is aptly named.

(For those unexposed to its powers, "Code Red" describes the urgent need to find a bathroom after consuming the drink)

I actually prefer Code Red to regular Mountain Dew, although I guess I'm a sucker for anything cherry-flavored.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:35 am

Code Red reminded me of cough medicine. But like cough Medicine I bet it would make a decent mixer. never tried it for that purpose.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:38 am

LibertyCabbage wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:
Laemkral wrote:Mountain Dew Code Red. It's a trap!

I really liked this one, because I have learned that said drink is aptly named.

(For those unexposed to its powers, "Code Red" describes the urgent need to find a bathroom after consuming the drink)

I actually prefer Code Red to regular Mountain Dew, although I guess I'm a sucker for anything cherry-flavored.

Oh, I prefer it too, it's quite delicious. I just need to make sure I'm not drinking it right before I have anywhere in the world to be :lol:
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Bustertheclown on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Hawaiian Punch has always had a similar effect on me.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Postby Laemkral on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:56 am

I didn't want to rush off to PAX East and leave you guys hanging, so here are the responses!

Bustertheclown, you must pick from the following:

Saxophone solos. High five, bro.
Sweet, sweet vengeance. High five, bro.
Douchebags on their iPhones. High five, bro.
Eating the last known bison. High five, bro.
Cheating in the Special Olympics. High five, bro.
Making sex at her. High five, bro.
Multiple stab wounds. High five, bro.
All-you-can-eat shrimp for $4.99. High five, bro.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero

Postby Bustertheclown on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Winner!

Having spent three years living and working Yellowstone National Park, where people can also eat the animals that they come to look at, bison included, this one has a particularly ironic ring to it. Whoever had this card, high five, bro.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Yeah! Take that, you delicious, delicious bison.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Yeah, wiping out a species is definitely a once-in-a-lifetime achievement.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Specially if that species is HUMAN.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby robotthepirate on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:55 am

Bustertheclown wrote:Winner!

Having spent three years living and working Yellowstone National Park, where people can also eat the animals that they come to look at, bison included, this one has a particularly ironic ring to it. Whoever had this card, high five, bro.

I can image that as a tweet.

High five, bro.
Image Image Image Image
robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:51 am

would absolutely love to see a you tube video of someone without a motorized vehicle attempt to take down a bison, your talking about 3,000 pound beast that can run up to 30 mph with thick horns on their heads. They are among the most dangerous of animals people come in contact with in the US and canada. between 1980 and 1999 yellowstone reported that bisons have injured and killed three times the amount of people as bears have.

The american bison, is no longer endangered and due to their over population in some states it is legal to hunt them. So high five to anyone who would survive a bison attack let alone actually knowing how to slaughter one. hell most people would fail at trying to slaughter a cow.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby McDuffies on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:02 am

If native american says it's ok to kill bison, then it must be true.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Bustertheclown on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:03 am

I just watched a couple of videos of folks bow hunting bison on the series of tubes called You. Being herd animals, they tend not to be terribly aggressive. They are by no means docile, but their response tends to be flight before fight. The difference between idiot tourists and big game hunters is that tourists are often conspicuously out of their element in nature, while nature is the hunters' preferred environment.

The incidents in Yellowstone of people getting tangled up with bison usually stems from people who don't understand that nature is real, wild places exist even if there are roads, and national parks are not the same thing as theme parks. They don't respect their surroundings and they don't respect the wildlife that populates the park. So, they get too close, to take pictures or to try to pet the animals, or whatever, and the bison reacts to the situation.

Even so, injuries by wildlife is still pretty low. Drowning and falls are the hands-down winners of the death race in YNP. When you consider that there are around 3 million visitors to the park between April and October, most of which come through in June, July, and August and tend not to deviate from main roads much, and there are about 5,000 bison, most of which hang out in the Lamar and Hayden valleys, close enough to the roads to make seeing a bison up close a common occurrence, comparing incidents between people and bison with incidents between people and bears-- which are far less common to see at all near roads and rare to see up close-- is somewhat of a misplaced statistic.

It's also a remarkably low number since, before two years ago, the last recorded bear death in the park was in 1986, and I believe there were only two or three bear deaths in the 80's. That means that there were only two or three bear deaths between 1980 and 1999. It's the injuries that get you. After all, there's a good chance that getting gored, trampled, or tossed around by a single pissed off bison isn't going to kill you, and there's the added bonus that the bison will not start eating you once you fall down, where a bear might do just that.

Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Postby Bustertheclown on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:05 am

Also, just to clarify, the bison you eat while visiting the park is not wild bison. It is ranch-raised bison. Same with the elk you can eat.

Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:14 pm

If a vegan native american is saying, try to kill a bison it must be pretty rough. *lol* since I don't think hunting animals make much sense.

Btw buster, from what I know of bison they are not docile, unless you concider cattle bulls docile. However bow hunting is hard to detect. It works well to cause them to run much like if you were randomly stuck. By a needle. Now if you can hear or detect where the aggressor is coming from you might rush them.
Phact0rri

Postby Bustertheclown on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:16 am

Phact0rri wrote:
Btw buster, from what I know of bison they are not docile, unless you concider cattle bulls docile. However bow hunting is hard to detect. It works well to cause them to run much like if you were randomly stuck. By a needle. Now if you can hear or detect where the aggressor is coming from you might rush them.

I guess I don't understand your point, Phact. Yes, hunters use stealth to get close enough to an animal to kill it. Seems a valid enough strategy. And hunting bison without the benefit of vehicles, or even guns or horses, happened for thousands of years. The most popular method before horses was to spook the bison and stampede them off of cliffs. I did say that they were not docile, by the way, and I agree, they are big, fast, and strong. Those attributes come together to create unstoppable grazing machines, though, not unstoppable killing machines.

Incidentally, not to go back on-topic or anything, but when is the next round of the game going to happen?

Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion