How are you doing, comic-wise?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: How are you doing, comic-wise?

Postby Phact0rri on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:04 pm

heh, I tend to draw at night. and convince myself that the reason I was so happy at how something came out the night before, must have just been a trick of the light. Its sad but since were being honest here.

Or... "THIS PICTURE IS AMAZING! I MUST SCANS THISSS"

"for some reason my scanner isn't picking up its awesome... let me try another scanner." *looks at the picture again* "nooo, I must have got this drawing mixed up with an awesome one... again."

[Edit... I really should have drawn this out. To bad I'm a lazy bastard]
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby McDuffies on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 pm

been there...
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Terotrous on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Well, I finished another comic, so the window of opportunity for Dawg to reclaim his title as people's champ has passed.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:17 pm

I got six new pages (of varying quality) up so if I get this weekend's pages done on time (not bloody likely) I'll be back up to date.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby LibertyCabbage on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:22 am

Here's the cover for the first issue of a project I'll be debuting on CG in May.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i176/ ... 1_01rs.jpg

The issues will have a bunch of short comics, including some done by CGers including Serge, MrEff, Mercury_Hat, and maybe some others I don't remember right now.

I'll probably post the pages on a M/W/F schedule, which would give the comic a run of up until around late 2013 or early 2014.
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby peterabnny on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:14 pm

I've actually been productive this month (this weekend, especially) - in spite of the best efforts of work and others to keep me away from my drawing table and computer. New cartoon out, new avitar, new cover pic for my Facebook Fan Page, updating everything everywhere I'm active on, and shortly a new logo for the CrittersOnline website. I love getting stuff done! 8-)
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

Old school comic. New school flavor. Updated monthly.
http://www.crittersonline.org
peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:45 pm

studying for finals is taking longer than anticipated, partly because id on't have any motivation and end up taking more time than would be usual. then the time that remains i am trying to spend hanging out with my companions since it's our last week together :( whatever time that's left i'm usually too melancholy to draw.

tho i have been working on some very brief anatomy studies. nothing too in-depth but even the amount i've done has helped considerably, i think.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobboAKAscooby on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Well I didn't get those pages done this weekend but I did get the new "yearbook photos" done for the main eight as well as 16 others (most of whom appear in this story arc), trying to get everything ready for W.A.Y. and I might if I get time go back and redo a couple of frames where I botched the anatomy spectacularly.

Speaking of botched anatomy, one thing I need to work on is making the arms thicker in profile view or the bodies narrower, either way I really need to reconcile the big head/smaller body style properly - it's decent in front and 3/4 views but profile is looking real dodgy at the moment.

Alas I'm sure I'll get all the feedback I need (and more) in a couple of weeks time :(
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:49 am

what tripped me up for the longest time is the thinning that occurs when someone is standing sideways. My brain always told me it was to small! I eventually got around that.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby Natane on Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Holy mother of meat.

The last thing I remember I had just bought SW:TOR...

*stares at work* I was so motivated before I went home for Christmas! Nooooo!
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

DeviantArt
Natane
Regular Poster

Postby Jeffy on Wed May 02, 2012 4:31 am

I bought a new pencil and plan to draw for the first time in... years?
Jeffy
Regular Poster

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue May 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Jeffy wrote:I bought a new pencil and plan to draw for the first time in... years?

ollllldbiieeeee

come back to usss

I'm almost entirely done unpacking my stuff from college and reorganizing my room, leaving me with plenty fo time to draw... but I'm not in the mood. Dammit, I'm so behind, and this chapter is so lagging, AND I REALLY WANNA HAVE STUFF UP FOR W.A.Y. THREAD. time to slaughter
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby peterabnny on Wed May 09, 2012 1:58 am

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote: time to slaughter

:o :o :o :o :o

Who'd you have in mind?
"I've come to accept a lot of what's wrong with this world, and there's not much I can do about it." - Johnny "Rotten" Lydon

Old school comic. New school flavor. Updated monthly.
http://www.crittersonline.org
peterabnny
Regular Poster

Postby Komiyan on Wed May 09, 2012 2:04 am

Comic stuff- First book's out, got a con in three weeks, having that old 'what if no-one buys it and laughs in my face' feeling. Kind of annoyed at myself for not grasping sooner that being a full time comic artist means being an accountant and a publicist and everything else in between, with only occasional bouts of comic making :P

Still love it, though! Perhaps I am a masochist.
Komiyan
HOLD ON TO YOUR INTERNETS!!

Postby McDuffies on Wed May 09, 2012 3:49 am

What's it like to be married?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby MixedMyth on Thu May 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Komiyan wrote:Kind of annoyed at myself for not grasping sooner that being a full time comic artist means being an accountant and a publicist and everything else in between, with only occasional bouts of comic making :P

Oh god, it's exhausting, isn't it? Not that I make a living from my comic, but my mask/graphic design business is my only source of income atm and has many of the same issues. THe publicist thing is what really gets me- it's kinda like banging your head against a wall. A lot.

Actually, Real Life Fiction is coming up on 100 pages. Thinking about maybe trying to get a few copies of a book done before I go to a con. I'll mostly be selling masks, but it might be a way to test the waters for the comic. Hmm.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby Wendybird on Thu May 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Ohhh mannn....

I was thinking about posting in this thread and then I was like "Wait, this seems familiar. Didn't I post in this thread way back when everything was different?"

Yeah, yeah I did.

So, since then I have been taken over by a muse like a little artist-marionette. I started a new comic and it's been updating at least five days a week with full-color pages for more than a month. It's been getting more attention faster than any of my other projects. And I kind of feel like I'm just standing off to the side watching all this happen. I have no idea how I did all that.

I'm not drawing any more Sunelves comics, which I'm okay with, because they weren't getting much attention, and really after the conclusion of Book 1 it's all been shorter arcs, and it could stop just about anywhere. Dragon's Fall is going on hiatus, which is sad, but it was my co-creator's decision, so I'm not overwhelmed with guilt. I haven't gotten a job and I'm not in urgent need of one. So basically all I've been doing is chasing this muse.

It's weird because I have not much idea where the story is going. For the first time I feel like a comic artist instead of a writer illustrating her stories, because I'm letting the art and the mood dictate where the story goes. I feel like everything I've done up to this point has been practice and I'm finally getting to the real work.

I'm even daring to dream that I might some day make money from comics. You know, hypothetically.

Anyway...yeah. That's how I'm doing.
Wendybird
Regular Poster

Postby Warren on Tue May 15, 2012 6:24 pm

McDuffies wrote:What's it like to be married?
Depends on how many times you've done it.

Gotten married, I mean.
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue May 22, 2012 4:44 pm

I have missed almost a month's worth of updates, and currenlty have 3 comics coming down the pipeline. I have to color and edit them though, which unfortunately on top of taking ages also is the least fun part of the process :(

Because I am a smart prison, I also have yet to do my own entry for my own damn contest, and owe reviews to at least a handful of people.

Dear self- STOP FUCKIN' AROUNDDD
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Warren on Tue May 22, 2012 6:46 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:Because I am a smart prison
How does one break out of you?
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion