Awkward Bug Bites?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: Awkward Bug Bites?

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:20 am

McDuffies wrote:Me too.
I do hate the smell of other people's rooms though. I never smell rooms in which I live, but as a child I hesitated to spend the night or even dine in other people's houses because I didn't like the smell of other people's living spaces.

I always liked when we'd come home from vacation and came back to our house and I got a chance to smell what our house smelled like. I could probably identify a good number of my friends' houses by scent alone, particularly bedrooms/basements where we would usually spend the most time. Of course, I could never smell my own house until I had been away from it for a while. There's something really comforting about the scent of my own bedroom, I think it's the best smelling bedroom I've ever smelt XD

I don't recall disliking other people's house smells, although one of my childhood friends owned ferrets and that's pretty much all you could ever smell from the time you entered their house. The house up the street where our Indian friends lived usually smelled pretty strongly of curry and other spices, at least it used to before they put on an addition that was like twice the size of the original house it seems. And our neighbors (our two families have been friends since we both lived here) would always have us over on Thanksgiving morning to watch the Thanksgiving Day parade, but I remember really disliking the smell of their kitchen/downstairs area because the smell of the cooking turkey in the oven smelled weird to me.
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Derek Dragomir on Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:11 pm

McDuffies wrote:Me too.
I do hate the smell of other people's rooms though. I never smell rooms in which I live, but as a child I hesitated to spend the night or even dine in other people's houses because I didn't like the smell of other people's living spaces.
I can relate to this. Specially when someone's house is messy and they haven't cleaned it in a while, you can smell the musky air. I used to have a friend who was really lazy, and so was her mom, and they had roaches in the apartment. Everytime I went there it was just awful. What bothers me the most is that my nose adapts to those smells after a while and then I'm able to enjoy my stay. Of course, that only lasts until I leave. When I step out, I'm reminded that fresh air still exists.

Also, my landlords are this typical Portuguese, nice, little old couple. Very friendly and all. Their place is kept pretty tidy and neat, with family photos and traditional Portuguese ornaments here and there. But their pleace reeks of old people! It's not a bad smell, but it's not something that I'd like to smell everyday. It's just old people smell. And I've smelt this kinda smell before at other old people's houses in the same situation. What is up with that?

Bug bites. (Just to stay on topic...)
Image Image
PKMN White: 4470 0543 5339
Derek Dragomir
Regular Poster

Postby Derek Dragomir on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:12 pm

alicechen wrote:Yes, I know how human physiology works.

Please, do get into this further with a 2000 word essay, as I lack this knowledge you possess. Without the pointless links after it of course.

kthxLAZAAAAHHHHHHHH! MWAHAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAAA!!! *overboard*

Edited by mcDuffies
Image Image
Derek Dragomir
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:19 pm

Hey, you shouldn't quote pointless links, that just helps terrorists.

I can relate to this. Specially when someone's house is messy and they haven't cleaned it in a while, you can smell the musky air. I used to have a friend who was really lazy, and so was her mom, and they had roaches in the apartment. Everytime I went there it was just awful. What bothers me the most is that my nose adapts to those smells after a while and then I'm able to enjoy my stay. Of course, that only lasts until I leave. When I step out, I'm reminded that fresh air still exists.

I dunno. All people have their particular smells, and I guess when you use your furniture every day, your smell left on them is strong enough to bother me. I used to not like other people's houses smell even if they were perfectly clean.

I always liked when we'd come home from vacation and came back to our house and I got a chance to smell what our house smelled like. I could probably identify a good number of my friends' houses by scent alone, particularly bedrooms/basements where we would usually spend the most time. Of course, I could never smell my own house until I had been away from it for a while. There's something really comforting about the scent of my own bedroom, I think it's the best smelling bedroom I've ever smelt

Ah, but weren't you depressed that vacation was over?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:30 pm

McDuffies wrote:Ah, but weren't you depressed that vacation was over?

Not usually, for some reason. A week at the shore was satisfactory for me. By that point I usually started to miss our cats and being able to play on the computer, and just getting homesick in general. I was very much of a homebody when I was little. Still am somewhat, but not as bad as I used to be :P
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Derek Dragomir on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:44 pm

McDuffies wrote:Hey, you shouldn't quote pointless links, that just helps terrorists.

Oh, I quoted the links as well? Sorry... I think I may have thought about deleting them at some point last night. Sorry, yesterday was crazy at work.
Image Image
Derek Dragomir
Regular Poster

Postby IVstudios on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:07 pm

This is the grossest thread ever Image
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:57 pm

IVstudios wrote:This is the grossest thread ever Image

aren't you excited to meet me on Saturday?? :D :D :D :D :D :x
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby IVstudios on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:24 pm

I'll be sure to wear sandals so you can smell my feet.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:58 pm

IVstudios wrote:I'll be sure to wear sandals so you can smell my feet.

This is a good idea, as the temp is supposed to be around 100 from what I can guess. And we'll be in New York, where all other smells are cancelled out by City.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby Derek Dragomir on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:13 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:

This is a good idea, as the temp is supposed to be around 100 from what I can guess. And we'll be in New York, where all other smells are cancelled out by City.

:)
Image Image
Derek Dragomir
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:45 am

Why bother, she can smell your scalp either way.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

This thread smells!

Postby Cope on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:17 pm

I demand this thread be locked immediately!
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby McDuffies on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Probably because you have more scalp than anyone else.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby MariaAndMichelle on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:17 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:This is a good idea, as the temp is supposed to be around 100 from what I can guess.

It's gonna be so hot. D: D:
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Postby Derek Dragomir on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:33 am

D: D: D: Holy shit! D: D: D:

EDIT: Quadruple SPAM posts are gone... whew... scary stuff.
Last edited by Derek Dragomir on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Derek Dragomir
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:20 pm

MariaAndMichelle wrote:
VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:This is a good idea, as the temp is supposed to be around 100 from what I can guess.

It's gonna be so hot. D: D:

How could it not be hot :twisted: :twisted: ... what with Maria and Michelle and girl who can smell scalps.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Yeah, it's gonna be very uncomfortable. Maybe we should have a peaceful picnic in Central Park. I'll bring the ground.

McDuffies you should come, it's practically down the street from you. You could get there on your rusty yellow volkswagen bicycle.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:26 pm

And ruin my air of mistery?
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:35 pm

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:True Story, when I was seven years old, my friend came over and we made a tent either in my room or outside and were playing in it, but she took her shoes off and her feet smelled so bad that I told her I had to go eat lunch and that we couldn't play anymore.

Update: I just found out that this girl is pregnant now.
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion