new person...anyone here give a tour?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Okie
Regular Poster
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Okie »

One of the best lawyers in the country
Got a name? I ask because there have been stories invented (by Christians) about death-bed conversions of atheists/agnostics in the past. They did it to Diderot, Darwin, and others. These stories were spread through sermons, but they were exposed as baseless fabrications. They even tried to do it to some agnostics/atheists while they were still alive. I can give you several examples. A cheap trick to gain confidence from a few by slandering great minds.

"Francis Darwin wrote to Thomas Huxley on February 8, 1887, that a report that Charles Darwin had renounced evolution on his deathbed was "false and without any kind of foundation," and in 1917 Francis affirmed that he had "no reason whatever to believe that he [his father] ever altered his agnostic point of view." Charles's daughter (Henrietta Litchfield) wrote on page 12 of the London evangelical weekly, The Christian, dated February 23, 1922, "I was present at his deathbed. Lady Hope was not present during his last illness, or any illness. I believe he never even saw her, but in any case she had no influence over him in any department of thought or belief. He never recanted any of his scientific views, either then or earlier
<a href="http://roughies.comicgenesis.com">Image
<a href="http://roughies.comicgenesis.com">Roughies</a>
For fans of Brainwashing and Garbage Eating.

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Ok...

The reason why I did not say his name was because I was not entirely sure I could get it right.

I remembered it was Simon Green-something. Five minutes and three searches later...I got it.

His name was Simon Greenleaf. You can google to get his birth and death dates...he died in the 1830s. He is listed in several on-line encyclopedias, which shouldn't be a suprise. He founded Harvard Law.

One site had the following to say (Public domain):

"Greenleaf, one of the principle founders of the Harvard Law School, originally set out to disprove the biblical testimony concerning the resurrection of Jesus Christ. He was certain that a careful examination of the internal witness of the Gospels would dispel all the myths at the heart of Christianity. But this legal scholar came to the conclusion that the witnesses were reliable, and that the resurrection did in fact happen."

In fact, after his experiance, he wrote a book on it. Its title is NOT ambigious:

"Examination of the Testimony of the Four Evangelists by the Rules of Evidence administered in the Courts of Justice, with an account of the Trial of Jesus (1846; London, 1847)"

Not exactly a coffee table book.

Now this is five minutes of research and maybe another minute to make sure this was the guy I was talking about. The book title confirmed it.

I'll give you this: the man WAS a trial lawyer. Not a scientist. HOWEVER...he was a man used to taking EVERY aspect of a situation...scientific, testomonial, historical and so forth...and laying down the basics for a desision. Also...he didn't believe. As a lawyer, he was used to making up arguements to convince someone of belief...he could certainly argue his own as long as there was a reasonable doubt

Apparently, there wasn't.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Well, when I was Catholic, I was told by a nun something along the lines of, "Anyone can believe what they see; It's devine to believe without seeing." Whether she was quoting the bible or just the prevelant Catholic maxim of the day I couldn't tell you. In either case, I was fine with that. I still am. Because Jesus's alleged (I don't use that word to be a jagoff, just because it fits) ressurection happened two thousand years ago and before the modern concept of history we currently hold, we can't prove or disprove if it happened. Nor can we prove or disprove if there's a god. For me, it's just something you have to believe. For nineteen years I did; I don't anymore. It's not the ritual, the fanatics, the culture, the plausibility, or the scientific evidence that deterred me. It was feeling of an absense of a god.

I'm perfectly happy with who I am, and even if I learned without a shadow of a doubt that a god existed, I probably would continue my life as I've been living it. And that's cool if you hang on to your belief if you find yourself with comparable evidence stating there is no god. It should just be about how you live and treat others. Like Okie, I find it more a philosophy than a religion, as I don't share them with others or expect them to follow me. But it doesn't really matter what word you use, I suppose, because the point is only in what you believe.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

christwriter wrote:I wanna know who the first man was who said "Hey! Let me roll these leaves into a little tube, then burn them down and inhale the smoke. Oughta be fun, wouldn't you say?"
It was american indians, no?



Anyway, I don't really know what I am. I'm, you know, lingering between being religious and agnostic. There's a lot of things in religion that impresses me (and I actually think that the fact that you can have so much interpretations is good, not bad), but I'm of too cynical nature and I guess for religion you just have to accept some things without questioning. So I guess it's "I don't know". But not the agnostic kind of "I don't know", rather:
"Are you religious?"
"I don't know."

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

christwriter wrote:Atheism is just as religious as anything else...they just go in the other extreme.
Please don't confuse atheism (defined as a belief that a god or gods do not exist as I use it) with Materialism (the belief that there are no supernatural things in the world).
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Okie
Regular Poster
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Okie »

After this post, i'm going to step away from this thread. Back on the michaelmoore forum I used to get into heated religion debates. I don't want to escalate anything here.

Greenleaf about the apostles: "It was impossible that they could have persisted in affirming the truths they have narrated had not Jesus actually risen from the dead, and had they not known this fact as certainly as they knew any other fact."-

I can't find an etext of the book, but it sounds like he was using the Bible to test... the Bible, but that's kind of pointless. That doesn't prove its true, it just proves its consistent around the trial. It might be, but the rest isn't. The Gospels conflict on many dates, names, facts. And most flies in the face of science.

Anyway, The Bible means nothing to me. The same way the Tipitaka probably means nothing to you.

Poor little Tipitaka, the least known holy book of a major religion. It teaches Theravada Buddhism, manners, and how to cook rice. It has dove-footed nymphs, elephants, and 400 nuns burning to death.
<a href="http://roughies.comicgenesis.com">Image
<a href="http://roughies.comicgenesis.com">Roughies</a>
For fans of Brainwashing and Garbage Eating.

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

As I say, I think I can prove there is no way to prove existance or non-existance of the god.
And hence there is no way to actually prove someone is his son. >_>
If someone says he did that, he's not an agnostic. :P
Or maybe he didn't say that, but someone twisted his words. Huh? I think that's the part that makes people angry.


You cannot prove something happened, or something is one way or another, based on just a book. All you can do is test if the book isn't self contradictory.
"But this legal scholar came to the conclusion that the witnesses were reliable, and that the resurrection did in fact happen." - if he said that, he should take a philosophy or logic class. But I doubt he did.

Let's say someone wrote a perfectly consistent StarTrek fanfic- does that mean it's happened? (Now, that would be cool ^____^)
Unless it's backed up by physical evidence, or reports of the events from reliable sources, it remains a hypothesis: it could have happened.

And I don't deny, maybe Jesus did exist (I think there are some traces of him in roman documents), maybe he did have some "superpowers" (;)), maybe it's because he was a son of god.
Looking at the title of the book I think he just proven that "Jesus' life and deat might have went just as described in the Bible"
And I agree with that.

Of course I haven't read the book, but I guess he has proven it might have happend (which I agree with), and you said he's proven Jesus was god's son, which is quite a different thing.


And since I already mentioned fanfics:
Greenleaf about the apostles: "It was impossible that they could have persisted in affirming the truths they have narrated had not Jesus actually risen from the dead, and had they not known this fact as certainly as they knew any other fact."-
that means that either they realy saw it, or they really believed they saw it, or the writer was a real pro. :P
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
Jeffy
Regular Poster
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: someplace trying to get myself to draw
Contact:

Post by Jeffy »

I CAN'T SMELL MY PENIS!

User avatar
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:

Post by [geoduck] »

YarpsDat wrote: You cannot prove something happened, or something is one way or another, based on just a book. All you can do is test if the book isn't self contradictory.
"But this legal scholar came to the conclusion that the witnesses were reliable, and that the resurrection did in fact happen." - if he said that, he should take a philosophy or logic class. But I doubt he did.
Considering that the only evidence we have about Jesus is material written decades after his death as propaganda for his followers, I'm not sure I'd want the guy defending <I>me</I> in court, no matter where he graduated from.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
Image

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Ok...last religious post in responce to Yarpsdat...then I'm backing off religion too.

I could go on, but I don't want to offend anybody.

If you want to respond, fine, but I'm not here with any adjenda.

Yarps--First off, you have to consider the FACT that none of the scholors of Christ's age denied his existance. There are more historical documents on Christ than there are on Aristotle, and the documents that make up the new testament are only the most accurate.

Even the Koran has to mention Christ's existance and the posibility of his supernatural abilities, because to deny his existance and ability would be tantamount to saying President Bush doesn't exist.

According to the Roman empire, when someone was to be declared dead, there had to be at least five people to certify it...among them a physician.

Jesus was declared dead. Therefor, he had to be alive at some point.

Something happened to his body. Both jewish, roman and Christian schollars agree on that. The only question is what happened.

According to the bible, there were five hundred and twelve to five hundred and fourteen people who saw Christ after he was declared dead.

There are Jewish schollars who mention Jesus "supposed" ability to enact miricals.

The varying testamony of the Gospels is actually MORE confirmation that the Gospels have some truth inside. If you have three or four wittnesses of a car-crash, their testamony is going to be, at best, slightly different (Some might not even agree on the direction of the car)

They NEVER contradicted each other further than mixing up a handful of names or dates...if you can narrate your own life without mixing up who you talked to and when, you have my respect and envy.

In fact, there is even a discription of Christ's last few moments that is medically and scientifically correct.

I am not clear on the laws of evidance for the court. However, this is NOT all of what Simon Greenleaf had to have found. I do believe he used the bible, but I do not believe he used ONLY the Bible. There is too much information, and I believe him to be too competent a lawyer, to restrain himself to just Biblical text.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

And if you want to respond, please do so...if you want this conversation to end, talk about something else.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

YarpsDat wrote:As I say, I think I can prove there is no way to prove existance or non-existance of the god.
And hence there is no way to actually prove someone is his son. >_>
If someone says he did that, he's not an agnostic. :P
Or maybe he didn't say that, but someone twisted his words. Huh? I think that's the part that makes people angry.
Then you'll have to change the definition, no? For instance: "agnostic is the one who doesn't care about god's existance."
Christians also claim that there is no way to prove it, but they alo claim that you don't have to prove it. Actually, you mustn't. If there was a proof a god exists, everyone would believe in him and that would be pointless.

And I don't deny, maybe Jesus did exist (I think there are some traces of him in roman documents), maybe he did have some "superpowers" (;)), maybe it's because he was a son of god.
Looking at the title of the book I think he just proven that "Jesus' life and deat might have went just as described in the Bible"
And I agree with that.
It's an interesting thing, Christianity is the only modern religion where existance of it's creator is doubted. Existance of Mohamed or Buda is a historical fact, but existance of Christ, no. It's unfair.

Actually, what annoys me the most, is deism. It's like: "god exists, he created everything, started it and from then on everything goes by physical laws.
It's very convenient translation of christianity for 20 century, except for it's too convenient. It hasn't got anything with actual christianity, anyone who knows about bible as much as I do (and I don't know much) knows that.
Funny thing is, lots of nowaday's scientists believe in it. Therefore I think it is a form of religion that scientists made up because they're too rational to submit physical laws to god's laws, and yet too scared not to believe in god at all.
Stupid scientists.

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

mcDuffies wrote: Christians also claim that there is no way to prove it, but they alo claim that you don't have to prove it. Actually, you mustn't. If there was a proof a god exists, everyone would believe in him and that would be pointless.
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy wrote:God says he will not provide proof of his existence because proof denies faith, and without faith he would be nothing. "But What about the bablefish?" says the man. "Thats a dead giveaway." God says "I hadn't thought of that" and promptly disapears in a puff of logic. As an encore, the man proves black is white and white is black, and is killed at the next zebra crossing.
No point, I just like that book.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

Well...I can't speak for every Christian on the face of the planet, but I believe that there are so MANY ways God works in the world that Humanity has basically become the hypothetical frog in boiling water, so to speak.

We see something that ought to prove, incontrovertablly, that God is real, that he exists, and we go "But that's always been there! Show me something else!"

And God says "Why should I show you something else? You've got more than enough evidance to make your desisions on."

I also find the concept:
"god exists, he created everything, started it and from then on everything goes by physical laws.
to be amusing, because it implies that God is seperate from the laws...that he has nothing to do with them after they are set in motion. Personally, I believe that He either enforces the law or IS the law.

But I don't know how theologically sound it is.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

yeahduff wrote:Well, when I was Catholic, I was told by a nun something along the lines of, "Anyone can believe what they see; It's devine to believe without seeing."
I have an interesting story to. I went to catholic grade school, and we were reading this bible story that had this line something like "... and they threw faggots into the fire to keep it going..." and my teacher told us that if we were gay we'd be thrown into bonfires. I later discovered that a faggot was a bundle of sticks.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »


User avatar
Okie
Regular Poster
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Okie »

The only things I ever buy from the local UK shop are Tizer and Jellybabies. What else should I be buying?
<a href="http://roughies.comicgenesis.com">Image
<a href="http://roughies.comicgenesis.com">Roughies</a>
For fans of Brainwashing and Garbage Eating.

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

mcDuffies wrote:
YarpsDat wrote:As I say, I think I can prove there is no way to prove existance or non-existance of the god.
And hence there is no way to actually prove someone is his son. >_>
If someone says he did that, he's not an agnostic. :P
Or maybe he didn't say that, but someone twisted his words. Huh? I think that's the part that makes people angry.
Then you'll have to change the definition, no? For instance: "agnostic is the one who doesn't care about god's existance."
Christians also claim that there is no way to prove it, but they alo claim that you don't have to prove it. Actually, you mustn't. If there was a proof a god exists, everyone would believe in him and that would be pointless.
Well, beeing convinced there is no way to prove existence, or non-existence of the god, is a part of definition.
If someone thinks they've proven either way, that means they cannot be convinced it's impossible.

But you raise an interesting point. If they guy thinks he's proven existence of god, he's not actually the best christian around either.


christwriter wrote:I also find the concept:

Quote:
"god exists, he created everything, started it and from then on everything goes by physical laws.



to be amusing, because it implies that God is seperate from the laws...that he has nothing to do with them after they are set in motion. Personally, I believe that He either enforces the law or IS the law.
The way I understand it...
It's like looking at the god as "big coder" that is running a scientific experiment on his PC>
...l I could type a longish explanation, that would probably make no sence.
Instead an analogy: go to http://www.rgb-game.com and play with it.

That concept assumes the god exists beyond the physical universe, he set the laws, and starting conditions, and now he controls it from the outside.
Pretty much you exist beyond the game, you set the rules, and starting conditions (you would, if you coded the game yourself), and then you control it from the outside.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Or you could go watch the Oh my Goddess movie! There are some neat ideas in that show.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Hey, now that I'm reading this thread, I get to respond to it. :)
christwriter wrote:Yarps--First off, you have to consider the FACT that none of the scholors of Christ's age denied his existance. There are more historical documents on Christ than there are on Aristotle, and the documents that make up the new testament are only the most accurate.
Actually, many scholars don't mention Christ in any way at all. It's improper to say none of them denied his existance.

But, really, there's not much doubt that a man named Jesus existed.

It's improper also to take a text that is the basis of a religion and has been documented to be extensively edited and call it a historical testimony of fact.

Still, few people actually dispute the existance of someone named Jesus. It's his ancestry and abilities that are disputed.
christwriter wrote:Even the Koran has to mention Christ's existance and the posibility of his supernatural abilities, because to deny his existance and ability would be tantamount to saying President Bush doesn't exist.
Again, a religious text is not the same as an unbiased historical documentation. Religious texts are full of allegory. They're storybooks meant to convey a meaning, not to give an accurate account of events.

And it's not tantamount to saying President Bush doesn't exist; he's a modern figure. You can walk up and talk to him. To deny Christ's existance is foolish if only because there is ample evidence to support that such a man lived. To deny his abilities is not so foolish. In the minds of people 2000 years ago, the world was filled with magic. Stage magicians were wizards, and the leader of a budding religion would have been presumed to have supernatural powers, whether he actually had them or not.
christwriter wrote:According to the Roman empire, when someone was to be declared dead, there had to be at least five people to certify it...among them a physician. Jesus was declared dead. Therefor, he had to be alive at some point.
Rome was a huge city at the time; while it's likely that such a controversial figure as Christ would be viewed by at least five people, there is no guarantee that took place. He is certified as dead only in the Bible; there is no paperwork supporting the contention that he was viewed in this manner, and as I've already explained, a religious text will bend the truth to get a point across.

Again though, the fact that someone named Jesus lived is fairly uncontroversial - it's what he was believed to be and to be capable of that is at issue.
christwriter wrote:Something happened to his body. Both jewish, roman and Christian schollars agree on that. The only question is what happened.
Agreed. It was likely that his gravesite was marked and visited. It's more likely IMHO that his body was taken either by the Romans to prevent it from being used by the Christian faith, or by Christians, who it is now known, have a long history of taking apart their saints and distributing pieces of them as holy relics.
christwriter wrote:According to the bible, there were five hundred and twelve to five hundred and fourteen people who saw Christ after he was declared dead.
Many, many more people have seen Elvis alive. Eye witness accounts of the dead walking around are not proof of the dead walking around. Also, eyesight wasn't magically perfect back in those days; today you see dopplegangers of people who darn closely resemble people you know; sans glasses and with faith, someone who looked like Christ could be Christ risen from the grave.

Also, 512 - 514 is a damn accurate count. With modern technology, we can't even tell how many people sit in the stands at a baseball game to that level of accuracy. It just drips of editing.
christwriter wrote:There are Jewish schollars who mention Jesus "supposed" ability to enact miricals.
No question. There are also scholars who talk about the rulers of Rome dying and becoming gods themselves. A scholar who hears that Jesus could do things might write that he heard that. They do not write however, "I saw on this date, Jesus cause bread to fall from the skies." And that's a critical difference.
christwriter wrote:The varying testamony of the Gospels is actually MORE confirmation that the Gospels have some truth inside. If you have three or four wittnesses of a car-crash, their testamony is going to be, at best, slightly different (Some might not even agree on the direction of the car)

They NEVER contradicted each other further than mixing up a handful of names or dates...if you can narrate your own life without mixing up who you talked to and when, you have my respect and envy.
Read the originals if you can. They do differ. Christianity has a history of editing their words meant to be disseminated to the public. It's no great leap of faith (so to speak) to expect that they'd make the gospels alike.

Interestingly, you prove my point - you can't narrate your own life without mixing up events. How is it that the gospels manage to do so? The answer? Good editing.
christwriter wrote:In fact, there is even a discription of Christ's last few moments that is medically and scientifically correct.
Not really, no. Among the more glaring issues, the fact that nails through the hands would cause the hands to rip, leaving the arms hanging free. It was only later that the church edited (that word again) the scripture such that the nails went through the wrists, where bones could hold the arm in place.

But that aside, define scientifically accurate. The event would have to be repeated to have any meaning within the scientific community. And medically accurate? By Year 0 standards, perhaps. Then again, they still were killing women for failing to bear boys. Some medical accuracy there.

In the end, if you want to prove Christ was alive, that's easy. There are in fact, too many reports, many of them unbiased, to prove his existance.

If you want to prove he was the son of God without resorting to faith-based arguements, you need *ahem* a miracle.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Post Reply