Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
estafette
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by estafette »

Hi,

I'm new here and I'm so happy to find this site.
I hope we can be friends.

Greetings :D

User avatar
Still Life
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by Still Life »

Hi all! glad to find this site!
Image

User avatar
Redtech
Regular Poster
Posts: 532
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:15 am
Location: 'Terror central' London
Contact:

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by Redtech »

Holy shit! New people!
*Nomnomnomnomnom!*
Sometimes the failed experiments are the ones that don't try to kill you
Image

Bull
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:05 pm

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by Bull »

Oh jeez another webcomic artist?

THAT'D BE ME.

TheLadyPirate
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:43 pm

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by TheLadyPirate »

I am saying hello.

Hello.

...... Hello sounds like jell-o. It makes me hungry for Easter. Because that's the only time I'll eat jell-o eggs. I know I own the mold and you can buy jell-o anytime in pretty much any store that sells foodstuffs, but it always feels like I'm cheating on the holiday.

....Oh yes, introductions, right? My name starts and ends with consonants. I live somewhere with a roof. At one point I may have been under 21, but that's debatable. As my name suggests, I am of the female variety, which really means very little in the end. I've been a loyal follower of FSMism since I found out it was more entertaining and far less likely to make me feel guilt or existential angst than any other religion I'd been examining. Plus, it encourages the consumption of pastas, and the making of your own sauces, which I find very agreeable.

And now for something completely different, random babblings!

Once upon a time there was a watch. It was full of found meat with which I only had eighteen hours to turn into a +5 Armour of The Righteous. Of course, the scientologist who sold it to me swore it was a picasso, but the Rabbi down the street (whose name is Stan, by the way) told me it was actually origami from Spain. And then the mustard asked, it asked 'Why is the circumfrence of a wiggle never enough to stop a train full of jam (of the blackberry kind, he was very specific) when it's hurtling through time on a track made by asian mice towards an old nun whose power level is OVER 9000!!!??

...On a related note, Zune's are spiffy-diffy and the above-mentioned Rabbi Stan was actually the Evil King Stan, but he was on vacation. And I want Laharl's cape/scarf thingy. It's mallet-space-tastic. <3

boldandbraveless
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:21 am

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by boldandbraveless »

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but don't think poorly of me for it. Think poorly of me for not currently having a comic to share!...all in due time

Servitium
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:52 am

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by Servitium »

Hello all, been gone for a while and am now back.

User avatar
Slavelove88
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by Slavelove88 »

Hi, I'm new =)
My name is Bunny and I'm very glad to finally be part of this website, lol. I know it's been a while between my joining and posting on here, but I've been really busy because of school. @_@

Sidewalk Warrior
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:22 am

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by Sidewalk Warrior »

I'm new. All being well I'm starting my comic sometime this month.

Resistance
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by Resistance »

Hello, All!

User avatar
roblopez
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:17 am
Location: Fresno, California
Contact:

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by roblopez »

Good day, everybody. I'm Rob, and I've been working on my comic on and off for years, and thought I should finally get off my butt and let the rest of the world see what I've got.

I still have some web learning to do before I start uploading everything, and wouldn't you know it, I get my new Comic Genesis account welcome email the the same day as a little art project falls in my lap, and the deadline for the project is Monday. I want to get as much as I can done for it in the next couple of days, but I'm also chomping at the bit to get Forsaken Stars going. I don't like multi-tasking, but I'll give it my best shot.

I'm pretty old-school when it comes to drawing/sketching, and my computer strengths lie squarely in the word-processing and spreadsheet fields, with rudimentary photoshop/painter skills, so right now I'm debating whether to get some help on the html side, or purchasing website builder software on the cheap. I bet that question is best posted in another thread, but sometimes my introductions come with a bit of thinking aloud. Who knows, maybe someone in eyeshot of this post might know of a thread where this debate is raging.

Anyway, I'm ecstatic to be a part of this wonderful community. I've checked out quite a few webcomics in the last couple months alone, and it feels great to be in good company.
ImageThe meaning of life isn't a noun, man, it's a verb. Love all, and life will be good.

User avatar
Talakyue
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by Talakyue »

Hey all,
We're Taryn and Mike, and we just started our comic a week or two ago.

Tymoczko
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:02 am

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by Tymoczko »

hello just started today, makin a comic called 'Wild Pokemon'

ManualSearch
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by ManualSearch »

HELLO

I am making a post in order to meet the two post requirement in order to access the admin panel.

User avatar
xuniperx
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:58 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by xuniperx »

Hello, I'm June, Juniper, Jupes, or Ava in mine and Kiltman's comic.a

I'm an art student at a community college, going on to the Art Institute of Philadelphia! Woot!
Image

g4300d
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:14 am

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by g4300d »

Hello everyone!

Elfcat
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:38 am

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by Elfcat »

Hello all! been working on a story for a couple years and i'd love to share it with you as soon as siteadmin will let me!
clang.comicgenesis.com

LordFunkyFist
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by LordFunkyFist »

Ahoy!

So many great comics have come out of this place, and once I get mine running popular, I hope to be one too, haha.

User avatar
cmhickey
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:58 am

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by cmhickey »

Hi, my name is Carolyn, I hope to post the comic I am working on here someday. It's nice to meet you all :)

Dearimaginaryfriend2
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:42 am

Re: Introduction Thread - Welcome to the New and Old

Post by Dearimaginaryfriend2 »

Hello! My comic is on its way... just having a bit of problems... as ususal... Mostly with my own computer though - it's old and tired!

Post Reply