What would Keenspace be without its forum?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Corgan_dane
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:12 pm
Contact:

Post by Corgan_dane »

Okay....but who's gonna tie our wrists together?
Image

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

With out keenspace, I'd be alot worse at drawing, I'd actually have a life, I wouldn't go around blabbing to my friends about a funny thing said on keenspace, and I wouldn't be addicted to bunny porn. (damn you brockway!!!)
I think that not have keenspace is like being a virgin! (that's all I'll say about that.)

KeenSpace has touched us all in our hearts and minds, and to some, our genitals. Anyone who has been on here long enough knows the way of the sword here. Anyone who's ever stayed in limbo for a relaxing vacation because they're afraid of War knows what it's like. And anyone who's ever been groped or molested in any way by The Goobla knows the bond we share.
It doesn't matter how many post you have, (as long as your not in the box) and it doesn't matter what your rank is, as long as you don't talk in leet your an equal... to everyone but Kisai.
I think we all can say that with out keenspace, we'd all be abunch of nerds, geeks, and "artists", scrounging around for a penny or two, with no friends there to laugh at you. But with it, we're abunch of nerds, geeks, and "artists", scrounging around for a penny or two, with plenty of friends to laugh at our mistakes!

In the world of online comicing, KeenSpace should get a gold medal. Sure we don't have all the best artists, and sure we don't have a huge corporation that craps out money to us for updating, but we've got the love! KeenSpot has nothing on us, they have a community linked through money and income, where we have one linked through killing, groping, and hoping that one day we'll get to see KittyKatBlack in the shower! And I think I speak for all of us when I say, those are things that I wish I had in real life!

So everyone, raise your glasses in the name of everything free, everything good, and everything some-what holy!

A Toast, TO KEENSPACE! *raises his glass while a tear rolls down one cheek*
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

User avatar
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:23 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Post by Terotrous »

Without the Keenspace forums, How Not to Run a Comic wouldn't exist, and in turn neither would Comic Creatorz.

Wait, I need to update HNTRAC, don't I?
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Image
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

Here Spriteville,
I took your picture and made it abit more precise!
Image
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

User avatar
Faceless
Regular Poster
Posts: 916
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:28 am
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Post by Faceless »

Well, Keenspace without the forums was boring. All 3 minutes of it.

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

[AlmightyPyro] wrote:Here Spriteville,
I took your picture and made it abit more precise!
*Edited Picture*[/img]
That's awesome =] It looks like War was there from the beggining. =]

War is even a monstrous 20 foot tall beast like in real life too! (compare war with the cactus)

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Terotrous wrote: Wait, I need to update HNTRAC, don't I?
Yes, there's the second holliday comic by me.

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

I waaaaaaay behind on the HNTRAC comments.
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

This is still the best forum I've ever been a part of.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
BOMC
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:13 am
Location: with your mom

Post by BOMC »

A while ago, I was a very involved member of a forum for a TV show. Since that show ended, i very much missed being part of an online community where people knew who you were, included you in group jams, and every had running jokes. Without the keenspace forums, I would still be missing that a lot!

Also, Keenreality TV. Damnit, I can't say how glad I am to have gotten in on that thing right when it began. So much laughter...
-Grace (BOMC)

User avatar
KeenCrow
Regular Poster
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:21 am
Location: A field.

Post by KeenCrow »

Just out of curiousity, what show was it, BOMC?

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

Warren wrote:This is still the best forum I've ever been a part of.
I'd like to second that. Though the other ones I frequent aren't know for their intelligent discussion.

User avatar
BOMC
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:13 am
Location: with your mom

Post by BOMC »

KeenCrow wrote:Just out of curiousity, what show was it, BOMC?
....Daria :oops:
-Grace (BOMC)

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

Daria is awesome. When will it freakin' come out on DVD?!
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

Daria is practically a webcomic. No, really. Think about it: Simple artistic style, copy and paste artwork, extreme and exagerated characters, set in a school and every third or fourth line is a joke (usually a snide comment).

Oh, and it rocks, too.

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

I recently saw an episode of Daria over the winter break, remembering how much I liked that show.

I found that it wasn't that good and I don't like it anymore. Seemed like it tried too hard.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Yep, Daria was awesome.

Although, the fact that it was shown on MTV, and criticising most of aspects of MTV culture at that time, I think it opened door to trendy angst of groups like Linkin Park or Evanescence, which is in my opinion not much better than trendy whatever that was going on before...

Still, though...

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

Mercury_Hat wrote:I recently saw an episode of Daria over the winter break, remembering how much I liked that show.

I found that it wasn't that good and I don't like it anymore. Seemed like it tried too hard.
EVERYTHING tries too hard. When DON'T they try too hard?
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

The Neko wrote:
Mercury_Hat wrote:I recently saw an episode of Daria over the winter break, remembering how much I liked that show.

I found that it wasn't that good and I don't like it anymore. Seemed like it tried too hard.
EVERYTHING tries too hard. When DON'T they try too hard?
Well I guess Daria tried so hard and got so far.
But in the end, it didn't even matter.

I hate myself.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

Mercury_Hat wrote: Well I guess Daria tried so hard and got so far.
But in the end, it didn't even matter.

I hate myself.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Post Reply