Having contained the God of Destruction single-handedly, I hereby now post so YarpsDat won't come, post and free the God of Destruction AGAIN.
That sucker has a mean punch.
Nyo.
Hello, I'm Lord The Night Knight.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
Hmm, delete Jex' post, or not delete Jex' post?... that is the question...
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
Right on.christwriter wrote:
...
First of all...lazy.
...
Second...sprite comics have a bad rep.
...
If you are absolutely dedicated to sprites and you cannot exise them from your creation, make your own and put forth the huge amount of effort its going to take for you to overcome that bad rep. and put your beloved art-form back where it belongs. That's what I'm trying to do with Christian stories...and your reaction, right there, is why I'm trying to do it, the way I'm trying to do it.
But if sprites are the easy way out...well...maybe you ought to think about it for a little while.
CW
I don't think sprite comics are the unjustly maligned...anybody jumping into making one should be fully aware that a ton of sewage-caliber comicking has preceded them.
I don't usually raise the copyright flag...there's a lot of creative potential in appropriation and subversion, when it's done well. For example, I remember a group that did something called "Billboard Reclaimation"...they'd sneak around and paint speech blank speech bubbles on advertising billboards with this paint that turned the surface to the equivalent of chalkboard. And then leave chalk at the scene, so people walking by could write in what the models, or whatever, were "saying". People did, and there were some hilarious results. It was an interesting experiment, kind of a social satire about advertising, corporate culture, how people interact with the urban environment, etc...
But hell, I'm just not interested in sprite rips. I think I was the first time I saw one (I love my old 8 and 16 bit games as much as any of us)...but now they just seem lazy and played out. It didn't start out inherently cliched, but that's the monster it's grown into - and your audience will most likely bring that frame of reference when they look at your spriteage.
Making something original with pixel art, however...that IS something with potential. Like christwriter said, you can overcome the stigma if you're willing to put in a huge amount of effort and really make it your own. Using her example, I typically wouldn't be inclined to read a Christian comic - but if one really blew me away through sheer excellence, well then.
- Ti-Phil
- Héro de Dessin Animé
- Posts: 1928
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Ste-Julienne
- Contact:
Welcome among us Lord Knight! Meh, happy to see another captain snes fan. Too bad his archives are really messed up.
The Volet
What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?
"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?
"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter





