Livejournal Thread 4: Can't kill what's already dead inside

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Re: Livejournal Thread 4: Can't kill what's already dead ins

Post by Kisai »

bump

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

I want to stay home today :(

I miss having real weekends
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Help you guys I stayed up long past my bedtime and now

I'm tired
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

Cope
Incompetent Monster

DUMED.

Post by Cope »

Well, you're doomed now.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

Quick, someone put her to bed! sounds dirty

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

My mom received one of those shitty forwarded "This is the downfall of society, people taking God out of our schools, blah blah" emails from my aunt, and even though she does not agree with the message of the email, and knows that I DEFINITELY do not agree with the message of the email, decided she ought to read it out loud to me.

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate that shitty tripe, and now all it's done is it got me worked up and angry, because it's not like the email writer is right here with us and I can tell him/her where they can go shove their paranoid and outdated views.

I'm annoyed with how worked up this stupid email got me. It was so bad that I almost made a Facebook post about it, and i never EVER do religious/political rants on facebook. I had it all typed up, almost posted it, and then I realized that there is going to be those one or two people who want to argue over it, and I didn't feel like coming home from work today to have to deal with that and let it make me angry all over again.

I mean, damn. I'm not even an atheist and this shit pisses me off. I believe in God/a higher power, I just don't believe that God gives a shit about pretty much any of the things these email writers think he gives a shit about.

Plus, people acting like debauchery and teen pregnancy out of wedlock is a modern symptom of our downfall? Back in the 1700s, those pure and wholesome God-fearin' times, somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of all weddings involved a pregnant bride. It's not just a recent thing that kids have figured out a way to insert peg into hole, it's just recent that we've been trying to teach them safer ways to do it instead of just forbidding it and letting everyone deal with the consequences.

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

It looks like I'm turning this thread into my own personal LJ

eh

EH???

Anyway so

Today I quit my job. It was getting to where every day I would wake up mad, be mad all day, come home and be mad that I had to get up the next day and do it again. Mad at every customer coming in, mad at everyone looking to make an appointment, just angry all the time.
I was tired of being mad, tired of never knowing what my hours or workdays would be on a week to week basis, tired of the job monopolizing my dreams at night.

I made some wonderful friends there and loved all my coworkers. That's why I managed to last there as long as I did. But even that wasn't enough to make it worth staying longer.

I thought quitting would bring to me a sense of great relief. I had a bottle of wine I bought a few days ago in preparation for this night. But I don't feel like celebrating. I kind of just feel really bummed that it ended htis way. I was really excited when I got this job. I'm glad I didn't leave on bad terms, but sad that I had to leave at all.

MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

Ugh, that's the same way we feel about our jobs. We're both working crappy retail positions at Barnes & Noble, and all of our co-workers are FANTASTIC... but all of our customers SUCK, especially the regulars. Our manager has become a really close friend of ours, and she's being really great about letting Maria take time off to care for Michelle, so her schedule is pretty set at the moment (Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings). But normally, we never know from week to week what days we'll be working, or what hours, and our schedules often are opposite of each other, so we get screwed out of seeing each other a lot. We were just starting to look for new jobs when Michelle got sick again. And now having health insurance is super-important, so we can't even quit before we find something else. :-? :-?
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

MariaAndMichelle wrote:Ugh, that's the same way we feel about our jobs. We're both working crappy retail positions at Barnes & Noble, and all of our co-workers are FANTASTIC... but all of our customers SUCK, especially the regulars. Our manager has become a really close friend of ours, and she's being really great about letting Maria take time off to care for Michelle, so her schedule is pretty set at the moment (Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings). But normally, we never know from week to week what days we'll be working, or what hours, and our schedules often are opposite of each other, so we get screwed out of seeing each other a lot. We were just starting to look for new jobs when Michelle got sick again. And now having health insurance is super-important, so we can't even quit before we find something else. :-? :-?
That suuuucks! My friend from work really wants to quit but needs to get another job lined up first because she has debts she needs to pay and car repairs she needs to get. I mean, everybody talks about wanting to quit but I'm not sure how much of it is just regular bitching and how much of it is actually being like "No I really do not wish to work at this place anymroe and the benefits no longer outweigh the negatives."

The crazy hours I think was the worst part for me because it made it impossible to schedule anything- appointments, going to a party, even running errands. I would often have two days off a week, but they wouldn't be consecutive, so I'd have that one day off to relax and recover but never get a second day to actually accomplish tasks.

MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:The crazy hours I think was the worst part for me because it made it impossible to schedule anything- appointments, going to a party, even running errands. I would often have two days off a week, but they wouldn't be consecutive, so I'd have that one day off to relax and recover but never get a second day to actually accomplish tasks.
Ugh! It makes you crazy, doesn't it?? People are like, "We should go and do __________ on Tuesday! :D " and we're always like, "Uhhh... we don't know if either of us will be free. :shifty: :shifty: " And the never-two-consecutive-days thing is a killer. D: D:
Oh, and also we earlier wrote:And now having health insurance is super-important, so we can't even quit before we find something else. :-? :-?
This being in addition to ALL OF OUR MONEY being gone (student loans and medical bills), so we couldn't even make it even if Michelle was suddenly all better forever. :-? :-?
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

Spaceprincess
Regular Poster

Post by Spaceprincess »

the last few months of my life have been an insane roller coaster ride. I had a surreal romance. which made me realize the real world ain't so bad but after years of being depressed and introverted my real world muscles are atrophied. kind of like the matrix but instead of a red pill it was someones tongue down my throat.

robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Post by robotthepirate »

I just want to bang my head against the html coding of my site. Absolute positioning is driving me nuts as it both is and isn't working simultaniously. My second to last page links to my home page rather than my last page and I've been messing with the coding for this site for so long I'm not sure I can be bothered to fix it. This is only suposed to be a spin off that runs while I spend time making RTP but I'm going to end up spending the entire 6 weeks (5 remaining) trying to fix the site. That's what I get for trying to be all fancy.
Image Image Image Image

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Oh god.

Our first in-plain-view house centipede of the year decided to christen my room at 1:30 in the morning as I was getting ready for bed.

I am really grateful that my mom happened to be awake and coming back from the bathroom because those things freak me out so bad I'm not sure I would have been able to kill it on my own and it was making a beeline for my pile of extra pillows and blankets on the floor :cry:

We have a new cat who absolutely adores chasing shit, and I was hoping she'd be our shoo-in for takign care of bugs. But she doesn't understand the concept of "killing," she's content to just smack the thing around. Almost like she doesn't understand it isn't one of us just playing around with her. I've seen her bully about six or seven ants, and of all those she only killed one*, and that's because we didn't bother intervening because we were too lazy.

*now granted those things are as resilient as anything I've ever seen but it's liek she's not even trying.

I need a large serving of wine.

The worst part about seeing a creepy crawly is realizing- what are the odds that you happened to notice that one particular creepy crawly? How many more of them have you missed :o

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

Eeeh, centipede's just gonna stand there on the wall and not move. Now, bugs that run or fly, that's another thing.

Cope
Incompetent Monster

fucking pervert spiders

Post by Cope »

.....the ones that crawl up your pants leg are the worst.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

robotthepirate
Regular Poster

Post by robotthepirate »

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote: The worst part about seeing a creepy crawly is realizing- what are the odds that you happened to notice that one particular creepy crawly? How many more of them have you missed :o
Sometimes I think I should point this out to my wife. In my head I think: "well there's no point getting worried about that weird bug thing, they're everywhere and that's just the one I've spotted". I've chosen never to mention this to her though in case she never sleeps again.

Actually it's similar to how I "got over" my fear of monsters in the dark, I figured that if they wanted to get me there wasn't much I could do about it so I may as well get some sleep.

We don't get centipedes here, just spiders and recently an influx of moths. Oh and the giant 2 headed, man eating snakes, but that goes without saying.
Image Image Image Image

RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Post by RobboAKAscooby »

All this bug talk is making me laugh.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

robotthepirate wrote: Actually it's similar to how I "got over" my fear of monsters in the dark, I figured that if they wanted to get me there wasn't much I could do about it so I may as well get some sleep.
I wish I could have your stoicism about impending horrible disembowelment.

VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

McDuffies wrote:Eeeh, centipede's just gonna stand there on the wall and not move. Now, bugs that run or fly, that's another thing.
No, dude, these ones aren't alive unless they runnin, man. They flash past and they move like jazz hands. If it was one of those big old dopey worm-looking ones I'd have no problem. These have their legs all spread out like a feather.
robotthepirate wrote: Sometimes I think I should point this out to my wife. In my head I think: "well there's no point getting worried about that weird bug thing, they're everywhere and that's just the one I've spotted". I've chosen never to mention this to her though in case she never sleeps again.
I think that's a good decision :P
We don't get centipedes here, just spiders and recently an influx of moths. Oh and the giant 2 headed, man eating snakes, but that goes without saying.
XD
We never used to get the centipedes until about two or three years ago. I can deal with spiders okay enough and moths I hate but at least you can lead them out by a chain of lights. The centipedes resist any attempts to humanely capture them. The only option is "smack." Eurghh.
RobboAKAscooby wrote:All this bug talk is making me laugh.
Look, yours are big enough you can share a beer with them. You don't have pests, you just have friends you haven't met yet!!

RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero

Post by RobboAKAscooby »

VeryCuddlyCornpone wrote:
RobboAKAscooby wrote:All this bug talk is making me laugh.
Look, yours are big enough you can share a beer with them. You don't have pests, you just have friends you haven't met yet!!
Did I tell you about Skittles the huntsman spider that was living in my bathroom? Cute little bugger, only about 10 centimeters (4 inches) across.....

....okay I'm gonna top playing into the Aussie stereotype for a while.
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff