What made YOU happy today?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Brockway »

Paid for my car today. Should be able to just pick it up from the dealer no problem whenever it gets there. It gets built May 5th, and will arrive Jun 28th at the latest. Really hoping its sooner than that though.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2291
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 am
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Ahaugen »

The Canadiens eliminated the Capitals in 7!! No Cup for you, Ovie!!
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

User avatar
Beko
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Beko »

I'm happy because I was able to get the codec sound as my text ringtone.

Mangaka2170
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:15 pm
Location: Somewhere between asleep and awake...

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Mangaka2170 »

I find that having a very busy, hectic day, and still finishing and posting a page to be very elating.

I'm also very happy with the news that I won't have to have limbs amputated in the near future.
My webcomic, Frontier: 2170 (updating daily until Stage 02, then every Tuesday and Friday).

Stage 01 now available in ebook format (now you can read 2170 while offline!) http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/front ... 1/12295505

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Bustertheclown »

Mangaka2170 wrote:
I'm also very happy with the news that I won't have to have limbs amputated in the near future.
Well now, that is good news. "Why do in the near future what you can put off until the far future," that's what I always say.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: the spoonited plates of Americup
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

I talked a lot today, which pleases me. My friend is in a good mood cuz we hung out with this kid she likes, and I talked to a cute kid that I can't say with any certainty I'll ever see again. A good smell is entering through the window. My classes are done for the semester. I can sleep in tomorrow. It's gonna be warm out tomorrow. THE LIVING IS SO GOOD FOR NOW
Image
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Phact0rri »

got paid a lump sum for a bunch of the graphics I have been doing for work.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Mvmarcz
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3623
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:17 pm
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Mvmarcz »

Last day of student teaching :D
Image
NJ: "You know the drill, you're AWESOME!"
I am the artist formerly known as M2

User avatar
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2623
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Ekolter »

Ryan got his staples out on Monday. Today was the last of the doctor appointments until sometime in June. He finally goes back to work part-time on Monday for a week. Will return to full-time the following week if all goes well. Glad he's finally going back to work. He's been getting a tad stir crazy around the house.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Phact0rri »

saw Repo: The Genetic Opera with a Shadow Cast, for the first time. was so much fun.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2291
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 am
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Ahaugen »

the Canucks pwned the Blackhawks last night, and today the Habs shutdown the Ice Birds. Life is good
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Bustertheclown »

30 minutes of kettlebell training for general fitness. I worked up a good sweat, and actually feel muscle fatigue. I will soon be an Adonis.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: the spoonited plates of Americup
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

Bought the entire magilla of Prismacolor markers from a friend who didn't want hers anymore for a scandalously low price, and then today she gave me this most enormous drawing pad whose pages can be cut into fourths to do my comic. I am a happy hamper.
Image
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by MixedMyth »

A...hamper? Really? :o
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Phact0rri »

Ghostbusters a midnight showing on the 14th.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

crumejack
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 12:02 am

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by crumejack »

Hi there...Today is my nephew's birthday...It made me very happy today...We have planned a lot to get full enjoy today...

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Brockway »

Deployment is done, boat is turned over, and I fly home tomorrow night. Well, I fly to Virginia. Then its a road trip back home!
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: Brisvegas
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by RobboAKAscooby »

Got two requests played on Anarchy on Air (http://www.897fm.com.au Thursday nights 8pm-10pm West Australian time - Listen online).
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff

User avatar
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: the spoonited plates of Americup
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

This time tomorrow I will be sitting in my home home having delicious bread and probably a banana milkshake. I may also take a soothing bath just to rub it in no one in particular's face just how goddamn home I will be.
Image
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

User avatar
Tellurider
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2051
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:13 pm
Location: in a lab doing SCIENCE!
Contact:

Re: What made YOU happy today?

Post by Tellurider »

I joined a new research group doing *exactly* the kind of chemistry I want to do. We don't have funding, but I'd rather be poor and happy than paid and miserable.

Victory is mine! I'm super excited!
Image
updates Thursdays

Post Reply