Keenspace Collaborative Comic

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

As I said, I suggest a series of short comics, connected with characters, general concept or something. So that everyone could write and draw his own, and when we set guidelines, we could all start working without having to wait for someone.
(For instance, if there was a storyline through all comics, one person not finishing his part, could stop everything.)

User avatar
Soap Soaperson
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1182
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
Location: Florida

Post by Soap Soaperson »

mcDuffies wrote: (For instance, if there was a storyline through all comics, one person not finishing his part, could stop everything.)
While I hope that wouldn't happen, I'm sure that someone could take over for that person. There's lots of Keenspacers, and all...
Yay. | Yay Part II.

---

NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.

<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

THis is a great Idea.

LOVE the space ounk genre story! between all of our genius yet chaotic minds, we can make a great story out of that. The only thing though is to make sure we don't turn it into a Trigun version of Cowboy bebop. lol

I think it would be fun to play with the idea that mabey he really did do it, but can't remember or something like that. That, and he should have a pet. a cool, smart, alien pet thing.
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

User avatar
Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 pm
Location: Right behind you!
Contact:

Post by Chibiartstudios »

mcDuffies wrote:As I said, I suggest a series of short comics, connected with characters, general concept or something. So that everyone could write and draw his own, and when we set guidelines, we could all start working without having to wait for someone.
(For instance, if there was a storyline through all comics, one person not finishing his part, could stop everything.)
If we where doing a full sized graphic novel I'd agree with you completely. The only problem is that each person will be doing only 3-5 comics each and I'm not sure how effectively we could make a single story with only 3 comics. Much less make several that weave together cleanly.

I like the way War put it personally. Do a self contained story for now and do a sequal later if we can. Just avoid save the world themes for now as they require more space than one comic can fit. It's the personal aspects that make comics interesting rather than the setting and general plot (As in: The world is going to end and we must save it!) anyways.

And If someone craps out on us I'll cover for them. Right after I break their legs.

*glares at those who would crap out*
Help me live my childhood dream of becoming the head of an evil corrupt corporate conglomorate:
Image

User avatar
Bek
Regular Poster
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 8:20 pm
Location: NC
Contact:

Post by Bek »

ooooooh! I'm in.

I've been wanting to try new stuff, so I'll pretty much draw anything (see Naked thread for proof).

My preference would be for a non-normal setting (horror, space, etc.) so we can have more freedom with the art. Beyond that, I'll be a good little art-minion and let better writers point me in a direction.
Image

User avatar
ShineDog
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:56 am
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Post by ShineDog »

scifi gooooood.

actually, im thinking steam punk now.

steam punk sci fi! with prop planes!
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.

User avatar
Ferguson
Regular Poster
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:22 pm
Location: Kamloops, BC Canada
Contact:

Post by Ferguson »

I've been away for a few days so it's taking a while to read through all the new threads, but this one sounds like great fun. I'm terrible with ideas, but once it's decided I think I could help with the writing and maybe toss in some shaky art.
Out of the Loops: Redux.
Image

User avatar
Paul.Power
Regular Poster
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:24 pm
Location: Churchill College, Cambridge
Contact:

Post by Paul.Power »

I very much doubt my art style works in a serious setting, but I don't mind having a go at the writing.
Boot Camp - There don't appear to be many Worms webcomics out there...

Image

User avatar
ShineDog
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:56 am
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Post by ShineDog »

had a half idea while driving home, for a SETTING, though not a story, while thinking about steampunk, biplanes, and whatnot.

this isnt really steampunk though.

ok, where it would be possible, the technology and styling would be based around a heavily industrialised mid 40s... obviously some elements of the setting would be impossible with that eras technology so... stuff it. its retro scifi, who really cares?

anyway. ok, this planet, which i havent been bothered to name, has been becoming more and more geologically unstable over the last blah de blah years, with earthquakes and resulting tidal waves and moo moo moo moo moo wreaking havoc on the people, causing them, over time.... to...

...make giant floating towns! supported by huge helium tanks,

from little "shanty towns" made from little zeppelins wired together and linked by bridges, through to huge, proffesional constructs on the backs of gigantic tanks, kilometres long, with airstrips on the backs..



yeah. Basically the idea is a society obsessed with flight, particularly since im something of a fan of the idea of the dramatic pilot hero, with goggles, scarf, and a dramatic chin. So yes. floating cities, propeller planes, leather jackets with a furry lining!



yeh.
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

Shine first told us this idea in the chat and we kinda got carried away:
[04:23] <ShineDog> the whole idea is dirigible cities. huuuge arrays of helium baloons strung together holding up a small town. perhaps the reason for these would be that the land has become increasingly geoligcally unstable
[04:24] <Mercury_Hat> And a small child should fall off and plummet to his doom!
[04:24] <Mercury_Hat> I like where this is going
[04:24] <ShineDog> yes!
[04:24] <faub> or overpopulated. The elite live in the clouds
[04:24] <Mercury_Hat> No dramatic rescue, just little Billy falling through the clouds
[04:24] <ShineDog> for 20 pages
[04:24] <ShineDog> i want to do the last page!
[04:25] <War> Hehehe.
[04:25] <Mercury_Hat> And then he gets wanged by a biplane
[04:25] <War> Nah, splat is funnier.
[04:25] <ShineDog> splat?
[04:25] <ShineDog> more of a thunksplssshhh
[04:25] <Mercury_Hat> No we have a villain and little Billy smashes into his plane horribly damaging it and saving the day
[04:25] <Mercury_Hat> Like a goose
[04:25] <War> Ooo.
[04:26] <Mercury_Hat> Some people wanted dark humor anyway!
[04:26] <Mercury_Hat> :D
[04:26] <Mercury_Hat> "Dashing hero, the Villain is fast approaching, what should we do?" "Bring to me my plucky young protege."
[04:26] <faub> That will need a good two pages of setup.
[04:26] <ShineDog> if you were going to do a running thing with it, its got milage, at least visually, from all the different ways you could put them together.
[04:27] <Mercury_Hat> *Dashing hero makes a few calculations and tosses little Billy overboard*
[04:27] <Mercury_Hat> *Dashing hero and Perky Chick make out*
[04:27] <ShineDog> thats true faub, id just like to see us doing something a little different in terms of look and setting.
[04:27] <faub> The hero chasing the villain. Cut to Billy walking with his mom. The villain dodges and weaves. Cut to billy licking and lollipop. The hero shoots. Cut to Billy looking over the edge.
[04:27] <War> Though the whole flight thing is kinda close to Flight.
[04:27] <Mercury_Hat> I like the idea of the hero being an utter ass better
[04:28] <faub> Next page. Billy falling. WhaCK! The villain falling.
[04:28] <faub> The hero curses billy' name for taking his spotlight
[04:28] <ShineDog> whats flight?
[04:29] <War> An anthology.
[04:29] <faub> It's a compendium of flight-based stories
[04:29] <ShineDog> hmm
[04:29] <faub> Quite the awesome.
[04:29] <Mercury_Hat> As long as we can have children smashing at full terminal velocity into an airplane, I'm not complaining.
[04:30] <ShineDog> it would be fun to have a hero who is a complete bellend :)
[04:31] <Mercury_Hat> I think asshole heroes would be the best. They always end up saving the whatever, but they're total dicks about it.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 pm
Location: Right behind you!
Contact:

Post by Chibiartstudios »

:lol:

You know, I might actually pay to read that.
Last edited by Chibiartstudios on Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help me live my childhood dream of becoming the head of an evil corrupt corporate conglomorate:
Image

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

Image
Image

User avatar
ShineDog
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:56 am
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Post by ShineDog »

not only does he have a dramatic chin, he has a dramatic NOSE!

^_^
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.

User avatar
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2011
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:23 pm
Contact:

Post by RemusShepherd »

War wrote:Image
I dub thee 'Captain Schnozz'. :)

Seriously, nice concept art, War.
Image

User avatar
ShineDog
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:56 am
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Post by ShineDog »

doodling up some ideas of my own, but keep posting!
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

Image

User avatar
ShineDog
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:56 am
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Post by ShineDog »

Image



very very very quick.
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.

Poppycat
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:25 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Poppycat »

I would love to help with this. I definitely volunteer for backdrops if no one else wants to do them:D My style is probably way too different to merge well with other characters so backdrops would be fun.
Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

User avatar
BERSERKERCREW
Regular Poster
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:32 pm
Location: heck
Contact:

Post by BERSERKERCREW »

i dunno how i can help but i will

Thirdworldvillian
Regular Poster
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:49 pm

Post by Thirdworldvillian »

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
this is cool
Id like to draw mainly because its good practice :wink:
And there has to be a guy whos really big but flies a really small plane.....

ps: War, you convert your comics to vector in flash right? If so, what settings do you use?(in trace bitmap if that is indeed what you are doing...)

Post Reply