They are staring at us...

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

messing with Spriteville's head, mostly.

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Post by Cope »

Not to mention spying for THE MAN.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

Noise Monkey wrote:messing with Spriteville's head, mostly.
*Twitches in a cold dark corner, curled into the fetal position.* They're... they're watching me... eyes... never blinking...

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

JexKerome wrote:Uh... Warren... they may SAY they're girls... but...


Never mind.
We know they're girls by the way they keep accidentally hitting space with their chest.

User avatar
Beyonder_alpha
Regular Poster
Posts: 589
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:40 pm

Post by Beyonder_alpha »

Spriteville, USA wrote:
Noise Monkey wrote:messing with Spriteville's head, mostly.
*Twitches in a cold dark corner, curled into the fetal position.* They're... they're watching me... eyes... never blinking...
If you're gonna start reciting goth poetry, I'm gonna have to slap some sense into you boy.
DOn't make me do that ok?
-Shmoogleh.

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

Hey, I lurk around a few forums too. But I don't post sometimes because I operate on the principle of not posting unless I have something to say.

It does astound me sometimes though... when some random person I've never met seems to know everything about me from the forums. It can be bit freaky, sometimes...
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

Spriteville, USA wrote:
Noise Monkey wrote:messing with Spriteville's head, mostly.
*Twitches in a cold dark corner, curled into the fetal position.* They're... they're watching me... eyes... never blinking...
All in mail never clinking? Geez I'm a geek.

User avatar
RemusShepherd
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2011
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:23 pm
Contact:

Post by RemusShepherd »

Some of us are new webcomic writers whose signups are hopelessly borked for technical reasons beyond our control. :) We're ready to jump into the community, but we don't feel right doing so when, ya know, we don't exactly have an account yet.

Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself. :)

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

RemusShepherd wrote:We're ready to jump into the community, but we don't feel right doing so when, ya know, we don't exactly have an account yet.
As I've said elsewhere, that's never stopped anyone before.

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

Vorticus wrote:
RemusShepherd wrote:We're ready to jump into the community, but we don't feel right doing so when, ya know, we don't exactly have an account yet.
As I've said elsewhere, that's never stopped anyone before.
I essentially jumped in with a shotgun blast of Fan Art... always a dcent option.

Czar
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1986
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:37 am
Location: Wandering.

Post by Czar »

Spriteville, USA wrote: I essentially jumped in with a shotgun blast of Fan Art... always a dcent option.
Yeah.
Makes those of us who come in with nothing but curiosity look bad. 8)
Så länge skutan kan gå, så länge hjärtat kan slå, så länge solen den glittrar på böljorna blå...

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

RemusShepherd wrote:Some of us are new webcomic writers whose signups are hopelessly borked for technical reasons beyond our control. :) We're ready to jump into the community, but we don't feel right doing so when, ya know, we don't exactly have an account yet.

Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself. :)
Don't ever feel unwelcome where there's already another Sheppie in the area. :D

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Phalanx wrote:Hey, I lurk around a few forums too. But I don't post sometimes because I operate on the principle of not posting unless I have something to say.
Me too. It's just that I have more tolerance toward my own silliness than you. :P

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

Phalanx wrote:It does astound me sometimes though... when some random person I've never met seems to know everything about me from the forums. It can be bit freaky, sometimes...
well ya know that is the price of being a celebrity Phalanx!
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Leko
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2263
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: Wandering my psyche in search of my mind
Contact:

Post by Leko »

I can't believe nobody's said this yet:

"I bet this is what comic characters feel like."
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »


I can't believe nobody's said this yet:

"I bet this is what comic characters feel like."
You're breaking the fourth wall! THE FOURTH WALL!!
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Post by JexKerome »

mcDuffies wrote:
JexKerome wrote:Uh... Warren... they may SAY they're girls... but...


Never mind.
We know they're girls by the way they keep accidentally hitting space with their chest.
Not breasts, beer belly.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

User avatar
Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 pm
Location: Right behind you!
Contact:

Post by Chibiartstudios »

Driving Without Pants wrote:

I can't believe nobody's said this yet:

"I bet this is what comic characters feel like."
You're breaking the fourth wall! THE FOURTH WALL!!
(To Lurkers)

Hi! I'm Chibiartstudios and I am starting a WEBCOMIC! It will be a super cool webcomic about gamers to play games and tell jokes! It will be in MS paint and-

*gets violently stabed to death by War*
Help me live my childhood dream of becoming the head of an evil corrupt corporate conglomorate:
Image

User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

I'm bored.

I know! I'll start a webcomic!!!

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

I'm bored.

I know! I'll start a webcomic!!!
It's really weird how so many people out there think that this is a good way to begin their comic.

"lolz that is so funy and originel!!!11 rotflmao"
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

Post Reply