O_o What the!?......... I didn't know you where making a movie?Soap Committee wrote:Nishichi27 wrote:1 2.50% what is one gender <----....I have no words...
1 14 53.85% Deity Permit
2 3 11.54% Deity Permit movie trailer (Every freakin month... who keeps DOING that?)
3 2 7.69% deity permit
4 1 3.85% Twice Destined
5 1 3.85% deity comic
6 1 3.85% deity of Wednesday.
7 1 3.85% deity of wednesday
8 1 3.85% how-to-draw cathedrals
9 1 3.85% pele.keenspace. com
10 1 3.85% twice destined
January search strings
-
Wethamster
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 215
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:54 pm
- Location: Denmark
- Contact:
- Superlance
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 974
- Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:12 am
- Location: ASMS, Mobile
- Contact:
Ah, just my typically boring stuff:
2 4.26% Firebird
2 4.26% i came i saw i conquered - julius ceasar
2 4.26% olden weapons such as swords
2 4.26% tiger demons
1 2.13% 20mm Chain Gun
1 2.13% 20mm chain gun
1 2.13% 7.62mm Armor Piercing
1 2.13% Alex and Ilia <<<< Please don't hurt me for stealing your hit!1 2.13% Fastest speed that an energy could travel
1 2.13% Inuyasha Fanfic Comics
1 2.13% The Living Shield by VSL
1 2.13% alex ilia comic <<<< Uh, oh... another one... ;>> <<;
1 2.13% antifeline<<< this isn't my comic! Another link!
1 2.13% antimatter engines
1 2.13% antimatter space-time continuum destruction matter
1 2.13% assriyans
1 2.13% bio on shadowhawk
1 2.13% carbon sabot boom
1 2.13% childlike fairy tattoos<<<I've gotten this every month. This is so far the only search string I have gotten for Febuary.
1 2.13% cosmic strand theory
1 2.13% demons elves
1 2.13% differences between elves and fairies
1 2.13% drow elves
1 2.13% drow sorcerer
1 2.13% elves demons fairies
1 2.13% fairies and elven tattoos
1 2.13% firebird
1 2.13% firebird Archive
1 2.13% free vbrushes<<<<Wrong site. My photoshop brushes are on my other site.1 2.13% guardians dragons
1 2.13% guardians of the mortals
1 2.13% gun mm SAMURAI EDGE STANDARD<<<<This is strangely worded.1 2.13% helium 3 fusion technology engine
1 2.13% highest distance a bullet can travel in space<<<<Farthest. Farthest distance. It's a variable, depending on the bullet speed.
1 2.13% hydrogen ram jet aircraft
1 2.13% immortal races
1 2.13% magazine fed crossbow
1 2.13% races {demonselves...} <<<<Demonselves?
1 2.13% ram jet
1 2.13% shadowhawk bio
1 2.13% smallest 357cal
1 2.13% space travel ram engines
1 2.13% swords and bows
2 4.26% Firebird
2 4.26% i came i saw i conquered - julius ceasar
2 4.26% olden weapons such as swords
2 4.26% tiger demons
1 2.13% 20mm Chain Gun
1 2.13% 20mm chain gun
1 2.13% 7.62mm Armor Piercing
1 2.13% Alex and Ilia <<<< Please don't hurt me for stealing your hit!1 2.13% Fastest speed that an energy could travel
1 2.13% Inuyasha Fanfic Comics
1 2.13% The Living Shield by VSL
1 2.13% alex ilia comic <<<< Uh, oh... another one... ;>> <<;
1 2.13% antifeline<<< this isn't my comic! Another link!
1 2.13% antimatter engines
1 2.13% antimatter space-time continuum destruction matter
1 2.13% assriyans
1 2.13% bio on shadowhawk
1 2.13% carbon sabot boom
1 2.13% childlike fairy tattoos<<<I've gotten this every month. This is so far the only search string I have gotten for Febuary.
1 2.13% cosmic strand theory
1 2.13% demons elves
1 2.13% differences between elves and fairies
1 2.13% drow elves
1 2.13% drow sorcerer
1 2.13% elves demons fairies
1 2.13% fairies and elven tattoos
1 2.13% firebird
1 2.13% firebird Archive
1 2.13% free vbrushes<<<<Wrong site. My photoshop brushes are on my other site.1 2.13% guardians dragons
1 2.13% guardians of the mortals
1 2.13% gun mm SAMURAI EDGE STANDARD<<<<This is strangely worded.1 2.13% helium 3 fusion technology engine
1 2.13% highest distance a bullet can travel in space<<<<Farthest. Farthest distance. It's a variable, depending on the bullet speed.
1 2.13% hydrogen ram jet aircraft
1 2.13% immortal races
1 2.13% magazine fed crossbow
1 2.13% races {demonselves...} <<<<Demonselves?
1 2.13% ram jet
1 2.13% shadowhawk bio
1 2.13% smallest 357cal
1 2.13% space travel ram engines
1 2.13% swords and bows
-
ZOMBIE USER 14998
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 239
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
I suppose if you offered me enough money, sure....axonite wrote: There's a "Rosemary Ripley Realty" out there..... is the Mansion of E for sale?
I actually got an e-mail from a real-life RR a few months back, asking me where I came up with the name. Must have thought I was stalking her, or something.
nothing really impressive but I finally have enough to feel like its worth posting them here
1 4 28.57% sprite comic hosting
2 3 21.43% beyond reality
3 1 7.14% beyond reality rpg
4 1 7.14% bhag comic
5 1 7.14% comics like penny arcade
6 1 7.14% reality tuesday
7 1 7.14% rpg sprite comics
8 1 7.14% starcrossed lover stories
9 1 7.14% werecoyote mythology
1 4 28.57% sprite comic hosting
2 3 21.43% beyond reality
3 1 7.14% beyond reality rpg
4 1 7.14% bhag comic
5 1 7.14% comics like penny arcade
6 1 7.14% reality tuesday
7 1 7.14% rpg sprite comics
8 1 7.14% starcrossed lover stories
9 1 7.14% werecoyote mythology
Actually, I think it will be quite close to infinity.Superlance wrote: 1 2.13% highest distance a bullet can travel in space<<<<Farthest. Farthest distance. It's a variable, depending on the bullet speed.
Given very little friction with interstellar matter, a bullet shot at the right angle would leave the local solar system (assuming if wasn't fired outside of one in the first place), possibly using gravity pull of different bodies to propell itself, and could pottentially travel through the whole galaxy...
The distance would be measured in parsecs...
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
- Rkolter
- Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

- Posts: 16399
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
- Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
- Contact:
2 16.67% web nc-17
2 16.67% x-rated webcomics
1 8.33% COGNITION LINKS
1 8.33% Reasoned Cognition
1 8.33% free R rated webcomics
1 8.33% nc 17 webcomics
1 8.33% r rated webcomics
1 8.33% reasoned cognition
1 8.33% webcomics NC-17
1 8.33% webcomics rating list pg
Jeez... my links page sets me up again! The only ones that probably were meant for my comic are COGNITION LINKS and Reasoned Cognition
2 16.67% x-rated webcomics
1 8.33% COGNITION LINKS
1 8.33% Reasoned Cognition
1 8.33% free R rated webcomics
1 8.33% nc 17 webcomics
1 8.33% r rated webcomics
1 8.33% reasoned cognition
1 8.33% webcomics NC-17
1 8.33% webcomics rating list pg
Jeez... my links page sets me up again! The only ones that probably were meant for my comic are COGNITION LINKS and Reasoned Cognition
- Rkolter
- Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

- Posts: 16399
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
- Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
- Contact:
Hm. I'd have to disagree.YarpsDat wrote:Actually, I think it will be quite close to infinity.Superlance wrote: 1 2.13% highest distance a bullet can travel in space<<<<Farthest. Farthest distance. It's a variable, depending on the bullet speed.
Given very little friction with interstellar matter, a bullet shot at the right angle would leave the local solar system (assuming if wasn't fired outside of one in the first place), possibly using gravity pull of different bodies to propell itself, and could pottentially travel through the whole galaxy...
The distance would be measured in parsecs...
The escape velocity of the solar system is 31.8 km/s. No bullet shot from any gun made today moves at anywhere near that speed. I suppose you could make a case for gravitational slingshotting the bullet outside the solar system, but that'd be one hell of a pool shot. Sattelites need corrections along the way to hit that shot; a bullet doesn't have any method of correcting it's flight path.
Well, I said "if it was shot at right angle"... but you're kinda right I guess.rkolter wrote:Hm. I'd have to disagree.YarpsDat wrote:Actually, I think it will be quite close to infinity.Superlance wrote: 1 2.13% highest distance a bullet can travel in space<<<<Farthest. Farthest distance. It's a variable, depending on the bullet speed.
Given very little friction with interstellar matter, a bullet shot at the right angle would leave the local solar system (assuming if wasn't fired outside of one in the first place), possibly using gravity pull of different bodies to propell itself, and could pottentially travel through the whole galaxy...
The distance would be measured in parsecs...
The escape velocity of the solar system is 31.8 km/s. No bullet shot from any gun made today moves at anywhere near that speed. I suppose you could make a case for gravitational slingshotting the bullet outside the solar system, but that'd be one hell of a pool shot. Sattelites need corrections along the way to hit that shot; a bullet doesn't have any method of correcting it's flight path.
It's like saying that if the bullet hit a dog, but the dog survived, and then the family took it to a different continent, then the bullet travelled thousands of kilometers.
On the other hand, should we even consider gravity wells in the calculation? It's like measuring range of bullets in a forest or a city- bullets get stopped by trees or walls, but that's their effective range, not the farthest distance they can travel.
So we should calculate the distance a bullet would travel in a space without stars, only with interstellar dust and gas...
I think it would be measured in lightyears. yes.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
-
ZOMBIE USER 16849
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 529
- Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am
- McDuffies
- Bob was here (Moderator)

- Posts: 29957
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Serbia
- Contact:
But how? I never mentioned VT anywhere on my site.Phalanx wrote:I do have a good idea who was responsible for those -inane -VT -imposter search strings though:
'ron, the mad one' sound familiar?
Funny thing I had was constantly getting reffers from one of "Sonic the hedgehof" sprites comic, and every month, again and again. I checked but I wasn't linked or menioned on that site.
Oh, and, as for stealing hits, it's probably someone looking for "Alex and Illia", and just used our sites to get to it through them.
- Superlance
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 974
- Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:12 am
- Location: ASMS, Mobile
- Contact:
And, when you fired the gun, wouldn't you be shoved backwards as well?YarpsDat wrote:Well, I said "if it was shot at right angle"... but you're kinda right I guess.rkolter wrote:Hm. I'd have to disagree.YarpsDat wrote: Actually, I think it will be quite close to infinity.
Given very little friction with interstellar matter, a bullet shot at the right angle would leave the local solar system (assuming if wasn't fired outside of one in the first place), possibly using gravity pull of different bodies to propell itself, and could pottentially travel through the whole galaxy...
The distance would be measured in parsecs...
The escape velocity of the solar system is 31.8 km/s. No bullet shot from any gun made today moves at anywhere near that speed. I suppose you could make a case for gravitational slingshotting the bullet outside the solar system, but that'd be one hell of a pool shot. Sattelites need corrections along the way to hit that shot; a bullet doesn't have any method of correcting it's flight path.
It's like saying that if the bullet hit a dog, but the dog survived, and then the family took it to a different continent, then the bullet travelled thousands of kilometers.
On the other hand, should we even consider gravity wells in the calculation? It's like measuring range of bullets in a forest or a city- bullets get stopped by trees or walls, but that's their effective range, not the farthest distance they can travel.
So we should calculate the distance a bullet would travel in a space without stars, only with interstellar dust and gas...
I think it would be measured in lightyears. yes.
Hence the "-", in most searchengines it means to seek the sites NOT containing a given word.mcDuffies wrote:But how? I never mentioned VT anywhere on my site.Phalanx wrote:I do have a good idea who was responsible for those -inane -VT -imposter search strings though:
'ron, the mad one' sound familiar?
That way you can make any message you want.
ie. if your site contained "I love to read road maps"
Searching for:
I love road -from -nowhere -go read -it -now!
Would return your site.
Adding inurl:keenspace.com would restrict the search to keenspace only, making you one of the top results.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
- Rkolter
- Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

- Posts: 16399
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
- Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
- Contact:
Yarpsdat, I think you're misjudging the amount of time we're talking about this bullet sitting in interstellar space, bathed by radiation and bombarded by fast moving particles.YarpsDat wrote:Well, I said "if it was shot at right angle"... but you're kinda right I guess.rkolter wrote:Hm. I'd have to disagree.YarpsDat wrote: Actually, I think it will be quite close to infinity.
Given very little friction with interstellar matter, a bullet shot at the right angle would leave the local solar system (assuming if wasn't fired outside of one in the first place), possibly using gravity pull of different bodies to propell itself, and could pottentially travel through the whole galaxy...
The distance would be measured in parsecs...
The escape velocity of the solar system is 31.8 km/s. No bullet shot from any gun made today moves at anywhere near that speed. I suppose you could make a case for gravitational slingshotting the bullet outside the solar system, but that'd be one hell of a pool shot. Sattelites need corrections along the way to hit that shot; a bullet doesn't have any method of correcting it's flight path.
It's like saying that if the bullet hit a dog, but the dog survived, and then the family took it to a different continent, then the bullet travelled thousands of kilometers.
On the other hand, should we even consider gravity wells in the calculation? It's like measuring range of bullets in a forest or a city- bullets get stopped by trees or walls, but that's their effective range, not the farthest distance they can travel.
So we should calculate the distance a bullet would travel in a space without stars, only with interstellar dust and gas...
I think it would be measured in lightyears. yes.
Presume a gun has a muzzle velocity of 1000m/s. That's about midrange from what I've found online.
That's .1 km/s
Light travels 300,000km/s, or about 9,460,800,000,000 (9 trillion, 460 billion, 800 million) kilometers a year.
It would take a bullet moving .1 km/sec aproximately 95 trillion years to move one light year. That's 6,300 times the current age of the universe (give or take).
The bullet will be bombardedby interstellar radiation until it's very atoms are broken into simpler and simpler units. This is a measurable effect inside the solar system from the small percentage of fast-moving particles that make it through the heliosphere. If here on earth it's a trickle, in interstellar space it's a firehose.
Not to mention any stray dust particles that could literally rip it apart.
And if you removed all radiation and all dust particles, it still wouldn't make it. The universe is expanding, and unless something else stops it's acceleration, its acceleration will continue until in far less than one trillion years, atoms themselves are unable to sustain their form.
Or, if not that, remember that electrons can tunnel; while protons have a half life of 10^33 years, by 95 trillion years all your neutrons will have decayed into protons and electrons, and enough electrons will have tunneled away to leave your bullet literally falling apart.
Ok, that sounds reasonable.
My bad then. But it would still get hella far.
My bad then. But it would still get hella far.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
- Rkolter
- Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

- Posts: 16399
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
- Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
- Contact:
No doubt there.YarpsDat wrote:Ok, that sounds reasonable.
My bad then. But it would still get hella far.
Hey, we forgot to answer Superlance
For every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction, yeah. But, your mass is much bigger than that of a bullet, thus you would be propelled backwards, very slowly. Yarps is better at math than me, he could probably tell you how fast.Superlance wrote:And, when you fired the gun, wouldn't you be shoved backwards as well?
If you threw a muffin into interstellar space... *ducks mallet*Rpin wrote:Let's talk about muffins!
Wait, what?
1000m/s == .1 km/s @_o?
And light goes 300,000 km/s, then if bullet goes at 1 km/s it will take it 300,000 years to travel one light year.
But I did underestimate the radiation, and particles.
EDIT:
I recall one experiment I was doing, it was about a particle generator. After that I was shown a piece of the device, that gets bombarded by not-so-high energy particles (a couple of kevs max), after a year or so, the particles would drill a couple of mm deep hole in the metal plate. That's why the piece had to be periodicaly replaced.
And the device wan't on non-stop, it was used like once or twice a week, for 5-8 hours every time. Density of the particles was much bigger than that of high energy interstellar radiation, but the efect was more significant than I expected.
I think millions of years in outer space could sure rip a bullet to single molecules.
Plus, there would sure be deceleration from that, and the space dust.
Anyways, I'm back to measuring it in lightyears, but now I think it would be just a couple of them.
And about the recoil- momentum conservation:
yourmass*yourvelocity-bulletmass*bulletvelocity=0
hence even with some heavy high velocity bullets you wouldn't move faster than 0.1 m/s- that's super slow: 1/3 km/h
1000m/s == .1 km/s @_o?
And light goes 300,000 km/s, then if bullet goes at 1 km/s it will take it 300,000 years to travel one light year.
But I did underestimate the radiation, and particles.
EDIT:
I recall one experiment I was doing, it was about a particle generator. After that I was shown a piece of the device, that gets bombarded by not-so-high energy particles (a couple of kevs max), after a year or so, the particles would drill a couple of mm deep hole in the metal plate. That's why the piece had to be periodicaly replaced.
And the device wan't on non-stop, it was used like once or twice a week, for 5-8 hours every time. Density of the particles was much bigger than that of high energy interstellar radiation, but the efect was more significant than I expected.
I think millions of years in outer space could sure rip a bullet to single molecules.
Plus, there would sure be deceleration from that, and the space dust.
Anyways, I'm back to measuring it in lightyears, but now I think it would be just a couple of them.
And about the recoil- momentum conservation:
yourmass*yourvelocity-bulletmass*bulletvelocity=0
hence even with some heavy high velocity bullets you wouldn't move faster than 0.1 m/s- that's super slow: 1/3 km/h
Last edited by YarpsDat on Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.













