Some cleanup...

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

The day somebody finds a ways to exploit that particular bug in IE is the day voice command for computers becomes VERY important for a lot of people with no hands.

User avatar
Matt Lim
Regular Poster
Posts: 876
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:49 pm
Location: Somewhere over a rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Matt Lim »

Jaster is back!

*cement's Jaster's feet to floor*

Let's see you leave now biatch!
Image
Nihaoma!

YarpsDat: Matt Lim makes Mecharm cry.

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

Phalanx wrote:
iamausername wrote:Mr. Bob is right.

But YarpsDat is WRONG.
The logic loop. Ouch. My head...

Yes, Goob. we know you weren't the only one. There were a number of other people who said worse stuff, but fact remains is that you were the most conspicious, which in a way gave the impression that you were the first and foremost.

The problem with impressions are they don't follow facts.

An example would be the forum erupting in anarchy when Kelly made the changes. A lot of people got the impression Kelly was just some big bad wolf admin who swooped out of nowhere and started banning people right-left and deleting threads on whim.

Whether this was true or not didn't make any difference to them, as evident by the number of threads which appeared that contained less-than-polite stuff about StrRedWolf.

Similarly, the impression people got of you was that you were the leader, and because of that, the behaviour of those associated with you was pegged on to you. It wasn't your intention, I know, but it certainly was the consequence.

Maybe you were just kidding around, but people can't always tell, and that's why you should be careful.
Thanks. You always seem to be reasonable enough.

I never chose to be "in league" with VT "from the beginning", nor am a "VT cronie", nor did I wish to give that impression. I merely enjoy ir's more intelligable and humorous posts.

I am sorry that I started the thread, as Ive already said. Once I had realized other people were acting like asses and spamming the board, I moved the stuff into the first "Free VT" thread, expecting someone to lock or delete the old thread.

I am sorry that I ever gave the impression I was supporting VT's spam, or VT irself, I am sorry that I ever gave the impression that my long drawn out posts were " angry rants", or "sarcastic", or even insults, when I was honestly just attempting to clarify why I was doing it, and respond to allegations that were hurtful to me.

I suppose it did not seem that way.

I am sorry. Now, can we all have hugs and make up? All this fighting makes me sad :(


On another note, Ive decided to keep this cute avatar, but remove the offending "Long live spam". As a general slogan, I rather like "Free the Terror." Kind of like, "Loosen up and relax." Dont take yourself so seriously and all that good stuff. Its catchy too.

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

Sorry I didn't lock the thread earlier ^^;
But I said I was waiting for official thumbs up from you, either by a PM or a post.
You gave the signal one hour after I logged off, and went to sleep.... ^^;



Don't be sad. Fighting is over.

Here, I can even hug you. In a purelly non-sexual manner...
not that I'm inconfident in my sexuality or anything...

could you settle for a handshake?
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
Matt Lim
Regular Poster
Posts: 876
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:49 pm
Location: Somewhere over a rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Matt Lim »

No I can't!

*Hugs YarpsDat while grabbing his butt*
Image
Nihaoma!

YarpsDat: Matt Lim makes Mecharm cry.

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

There's been a lot of paranoia over the last three days. A lot of emotional stress. If we HAD started locking threads, two more would have popped up asking why the thread had been locked. Granted, having 5 "Free Vile Terror" threads was a bit excessive but this thing was a hydra. Better to attack the body of the beast instead of hacking at its heads.

People needed to know that they were not on some hit list. The threads would die on their own and the discussion in them was good. McDuffies and Goobla were flaming each other. Rkolter and Yeahduff ran damage control. The problem worked itself out.

StrRedWolf has said that the whole situation was reactionary and temporary. The admins have enough stress with boardy setting itself on fire. Strike 1. Then they got a letter from VT complaining about Yarpsdat. Strike 2. Yarpsdat gets canned and replies to the canning with what amounts to a huge political mess on the forums (the one thing that was still working). Strike 3. Something had to happen. StrRedWolf appeared in a billowing cloud of fire and brimstone, laying down the law with boomstick in one hand and the mallet of doom in the other.

With anything on Keenspace, give it a little time. You know they're working on it. Things will be back to normal when they are.

Jaster!
Regular Poster
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:20 am
Location: Not-Georgia
Contact:

Post by Jaster! »

Matt Lim wrote:Jaster is back!

*cement's Jaster's feet to floor*

Let's see you leave now biatch!
*leaves casually, unphased by shiny new cement shoes*
ARG! - Something... different?

User avatar
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6334
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:15 pm
Location: in your grandpa's clothes, I look incredible
Contact:

Post by Sortelli »

Nice shoes, Jaster!


It looks like things are settling, which is good. We'll all be the better off for it. We should totally have a great big group snuggle, but not just us guys because that would be weird.

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

TheGoobla wrote:I am sorry. Now, can we all have hugs and make up? All this fighting makes me sad :(
It looks like things are settling, which is good. We'll all be the better off for it. We should totally have a great big group snuggle, but not just us guys because that would be weird.
I'm not a guy, so that'll take care of that. ;) Group HUG!! *hugs*

I'm glad things in the forum are getting back to normal too :) I'd rather not detract Kisai and StrRedWolf's efforts from transplanting Boardy into Butch.
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

Group hug time! Come on everyone!

*hides knife behind his back*

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

*nicks War's knife and replaces it with a banana*

*hugz da Phalanx*

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

Oh no! Luprand!

You were too late!
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

Oh NO!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And the avatar really matches that post.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. Bob, you are a genius.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Post by K-Dawg »

Sortelli wrote:Nice shoes, Jaster!


It looks like things are settling, which is good. We'll all be the better off for it. We should totally have a great big group snuggle, but not just us guys because that would be weird.
Is there something wrong with a bunch of sweaty men showing their affection for each other? :P
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Now the reason I was not replying on any of later threads concearning weekend events seems obvious enough: it"s over< no need to drag discussion over the next month. I might have been unreasonable while discussing, which doesn't mean I generally am. I know when I've been beaten.

Right now I'm more sad that Phalanx and War overrun me with avatars. I had a nice little dead mcDuffies already prepared.
Jaster! wrote:
Matt Lim wrote:Jaster is back!

*cement's Jaster's feet to floor*

Let's see you leave now biatch!
*leaves casually, unphased by shiny new cement shoes*
*Accidentally pushes Jaster and knocks him over into the sea.*
Uh-oh.

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

How the heck did he hide that sword in the banana?

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

Considering Nishichi was killed by frozen squirrel, I'm glad I wasn't killed by banana.
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

Jaster!
Regular Poster
Posts: 547
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:20 am
Location: Not-Georgia
Contact:

Post by Jaster! »

You can't push me into the sea! I left! I'm not here! I mean. Hmm...

Hello, fishies! Would you like some sandwiches? Wait, I seem to have left them in my other shoes. ... Blast!

Is Keenspace fixed yet? Why not?! Fishy, I can't trust you to fix anything.
ARG! - Something... different?

User avatar
Somesuch
Regular Poster
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:29 pm
Location: Neverwhere.
Contact:

Post by Somesuch »

Honestly, people, I'm not sure why some of you care one way or another why VileTerror was banned. It spammed and trolled and intentionally annoyed, and that's no less a bad thing after the fact than it is during the action. It's true that VT became more bearable later on, but that's probably because YarpsDat was there to keep it in check. It knew it was misbehaving and wanted to avoid being punished for it--kind of like a politician.

The fact that VT began to behave does not influence the fact that it did so in the past. Because of this, it is the moderators' decision whether or not to ban. They have to decide whether the person is a real threat or not and whether or not to trust the person in the future.

Apparently, StrRedwolf decided that VileTerror has been and still is enough of a threat to be banned (unless VT has been unbanned since then). Respect the moderators' decisions. STR quite likely has more info available on the matter than we do, and even though you may HATE the ban on VT, you have to realize that STR is only attempting to keep this forum a good place to visit.
Is that so?

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

Um... Somesuch? That topic's kinda been gone over and over and closed by now.

VT is currently 'suspended' (or something like that) until superbowl is over. Only then, ONE of its accounts will be unbanned (The rest remain in the brig). Both VT's 'supporters' and 'opposers' have accepted this decision and are (hopefully) reconciled.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Now that you have the situation, let's let sleeping dogs lie.
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

Post Reply