The KeenCaptors!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

What he said.

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

And to prove my words: 2*1cm concept sketch.
I think it has the pose, and motion I want. Now, the hard part is making a 10 times bigger image with the same qualities, and a number of details.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

Image

Do you think she'll like it? Should I post this on the Kisai apreciation thread?

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

RPin wrote:Image
Spifftacular! I'm already spifftaculating right here in my pants! Simply spifftaculicious!

User avatar
David Stripe
Regular Poster
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Bristol, Virginia United States of America
Contact:

Post by David Stripe »

RPin wrote:Do you think she'll like it? Should I post this on the Kisai apreciation thread?
That's probably the first ever instance of a subtle hammer. I like. Yeah, put it in Kisai Appreciation!
Image

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

http://stripedb.freeshell.org/pic/shellycard2.jpg
The character's name is Shelly, hence the seashell and assuming nobody has picked it, she can be "The Runaway."

Not exactly Clow card style but then few of the submissions I've seen here were either. I left a little on the edges but I expect that to be covered.

Sucks. I had to do this one twice because the first one was a photoshop experiment and Windows only scanned the image at 150 dpi (wrong scanner drivers and I'm too lazy to find real ones). I'm not showing you that one. the GIMP version turned out much nicer but then I'd had practice.

User avatar
Artzombie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:19 pm
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Contact:

Post by Artzombie »

Tap tap, "The Golem"

I'm glad I found this thing =D

Expect soon, maybe Sat, the 17th
Image
Author and creator of Graveyard Studios
LJ http://www.livejournal.com/users/art_zombie

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

RPin: Do you have a site these are going to be posted on or what that the whole KeenCards thing about 5 pages ago? I would like to see what people have already submitted.

User avatar
Artzombie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:19 pm
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Contact:

Post by Artzombie »

I think I got carried away. Remember how I said Saturday? I should have said, "in 3 hours". Oh well, here's a sample look
Image
I call it, "The Golem"

I hope it turned out ok :roll:
Image
Author and creator of Graveyard Studios
LJ http://www.livejournal.com/users/art_zombie

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

The page isn't ready yet, faub. It will be up after the submission period closes.

I don't even have a place to host it yet... :roll:

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

No problem

*poke* *poke* work faster 8)

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

Stop prosecuting me!

User avatar
Faceless
Regular Poster
Posts: 916
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:28 am
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Post by Faceless »

RPin wrote:Stop prosecuting me!
I swear that's a Simpsons quote.

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Well, here's the rough pose that my cards gonna have:

Image
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Faceless
Regular Poster
Posts: 916
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:28 am
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Post by Faceless »

I can't believe I've sunk this low to show you my sketch... well anyway here's a quick pic of my card graphic...

here

User avatar
Jops
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:55 am
Location: Zzyzx Rd.
Contact:

Post by Jops »

Faceless wrote:I can't believe I've sunk this low to show you my sketch... well anyway here's a quick pic of my card graphic...
Oh my... the Evil Red X strikes again!
Jops

Image Image

User avatar
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Tasmania

Post by Evil Jamie! »

Zing!
Image

User avatar
Faceless
Regular Poster
Posts: 916
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:28 am
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Post by Faceless »

*screams and runs round in circles*

User avatar
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ghastly »

Image

THE SWITCH


Click on image for 300dpi image.

User avatar
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ghastly »

Image

Couldn't wait to see what it would look like. :lol:

Post Reply