What do you look for?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Redtech
Regular Poster
Posts: 532
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:15 am
Location: 'Terror central' London
Contact:

Re: What do you look for?

Post by Redtech »

So says the master of the art! :)
The Beehive forum software which "mah home forum" uses doesn't allow for avatars, so greater emphasis is placed on sigs as a method of knowing htf you're talking to, while you've already mentioned avatars in blogs where sigs are unavailable.

BTW, anyone use RSS feeds or webcomic directories?
Sometimes the failed experiments are the ones that don't try to kill you
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: What do you look for?

Post by McDuffies »

Joel Fagin wrote:I collect links from forums, recommendations and occassionally advert for comics that look like they'll interest me. I don't go looking for them, though, because I have a bookmark folder called "Comics To Try" which goes off the bottom of the screen.

So, I'm set for a while and won't need to go hunting for more.

- Joel Fagin
I do something similar.

User avatar
Fishies
Regular Poster
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:19 pm
Location: canada
Contact:

Re: What do you look for?

Post by Fishies »

I start clicking through Links pages.
Image

User avatar
EmergencyExit
Regular Poster
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:28 pm
Location: The Pantry
Contact:

Re: What do you look for?

Post by EmergencyExit »

It can vary, I'll often click links just about anywhere if it's either interesting enough or if I am shopping for a new webcomic. Lately I tend to only really be interested in comics with lengthy archives, I like finding a good long comic and being able to read it leisurely for a week or so. Can't say I have ever picked up a comic through advertisements even though I use them myself frequently lol. Recommendations from friends, links pages, my stats, and comic pitching threads have been what I use most when finding webcomics.

Post Reply