Newspaper and web comics... COMBINED!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

Harsh.
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
Valuedan
Regular Poster
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:41 am
Location: Cheney
Contact:

Post by Valuedan »

LibertyCabbage wrote:I think webcomics will replace newspaper comics, because webcomcs >>> newspaper comics so much that everyone will get their comics online so the papers will buy strips from the webcomic ppl.

to be honest (i'm an honest person) i think OTP is mediocre, although it's very good for a 12-year-old. By the time you're an adult you should've learned a lot more about comics and will have a kickass strip.

-LC
You fail to realize that the main readership of newspaper comics seems to hover around the "old person" range.
<a href="http://dansedansemacabre.net">Danse Danse Macabre</a> is pretty funny how about you go read it

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

valuedan wrote:[
You fail to realize that the main readership of newspaper comics seems to hover around the "old person" range.
Old people love humor that isn't offensive or edgy. As far as personal tastes go.... not my style.
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Adventuring
Contact:

Post by Tynan »

Ian Moulding wrote:
Mercury Hat wrote:The time is now, ladies and gentlemen. The new generation has arrived. We must either adapt or perish.

Oh and congrats, Jigglyman
Or get them before they get us.
I'm with him!

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Newspaper and web comics... COMBINED!

Post by McDuffies »

Congrats, Jiggly! I actually like "On the playground" very much; it might remind a bit on standard newspapers comics but it has a whole new energy. forget lcabbage, he doesn't even get charles shultz
chibiartstudios wrote: Wait! Your 12!? Like, as in years old? When I was 12 I was never smart enough to make something like that!
I was, but then I suddenly got dumber.
She forgot the W!!!
She's not Christwriter anymore. Now she's only Christ.

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Re: Newspaper and web comics... COMBINED!

Post by Mr.Bob »

mcDuffies wrote:
She forgot the W!!!
She's not Christwriter anymore. Now she's only Christ.
:o
*On his best behaviour*

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

Fan-freakin-tastic! Image Congrats, Jiggly!
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

User avatar
TheLoserHero
Regular Poster
Posts: 942
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:40 am
Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".
Contact:

Post by TheLoserHero »

Congraaaaaaaaaats, dood!

When you start raking in cash... save up for College. Don't blow it on phat swag like the rest of us did. :**(
Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Twelve?

Well then, you've never had a manager... have you? For a standard not-negotiable fee, I'd be delighted to...

oh wait, you're not the typical dumb twelve year old.

Damn. *sigh*

Well, congrats! Good luck to you. :D
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

TheLoserHero wrote:Congraaaaaaaaaats, dood!

When you start raking in cash... save up for College. Don't blow it on phat swag like the rest of us did. :**(
Yeah, like this completely outdated computer I have. It was phat swag, now it's just slag.

User avatar
Chibiartstudios
Regular Poster
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 pm
Location: Right behind you!
Contact:

Post by Chibiartstudios »

*lights torches and breaks out the pitchfork*

The newbie is upstaging us! GET IM"!!!
Help me live my childhood dream of becoming the head of an evil corrupt corporate conglomorate:
Image

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

I've never seen a twelve year old that cynical...that's sad...

By the way...weren't you twelve early last year as well? How long are your years?
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Alschroeder
Regular Poster
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:21 pm
Location: Nashville
Contact:

Post by Alschroeder »

I saw the good news on your website (which was coming up for review in Webcomics Weview this Saturday, don't forget)---congrats!
Twelve, huh? And I'm four times as old as you(more actually, I'm 51)....I think you and I are at either end of the age spectrum for Keenspacers.---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroe ... series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Image

User avatar
Jigglyman
Regular Poster
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:07 pm

Post by Jigglyman »

alschroeder wrote:I saw the good news on your website (which was coming up for review in Webcomics Weview this Saturday, don't forget)---congrats!
Twelve, huh? And I'm four times as old as you(more actually, I'm 51)....I think you and I are at either end of the age spectrum for Keenspacers.---Al
There's a lesson in all of this, but I'm too lazy to think about it.

Anyway, thanks guys for the congrats! I have all creative rights (I mean, unless I have a strip about sex or something...) and I'm being paid $10 a week. Which is more tha Dilbert for that paper. I'm better than Dilbert!

Oh, and thats for reminding me about the weview. I guess I have to write all five of my weviews in the next few days.
This is not a signature.

User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Steverules »

Kid, you're gonna be a superstar one day. Good job and congrats. Very nice strip.
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Though that was a good moment to kick in with "hey, I'm not 12, I was just kidding".

User avatar
Jigglyman
Regular Poster
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:07 pm

Post by Jigglyman »

mcDuffies wrote:Though that was a good moment to kick in with "hey, I'm not 12, I was just kidding".
Yeah right.

Anyway, it should appear first some Sunday late February or early March. I'll definitely keel you all posted.
This is not a signature.

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Congrats Jigglyman! I can't even remember being twelve, that's kinda sad cause I'm not really that old... I was depressed when friends my own age were making more money than me, but now someone HALF my age is making more money than me... damn this quest for a PhD... damn it, I say!

If you can acheive this at 12, I can't even begin to imagine what you'll accomplish when you're old like the rest of us. :D
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Indulgences
Regular Poster
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:09 pm
Location: North Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by Indulgences »

I'll add in my congratulations. That's a lot to accomplish at 12... I've done a lot, but you've got me beat on the age. Be sure you keep us updated. :)
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Aw man, I remember when I was 12 pretty much. And one day I'll make a comic based on that and everyone will cry. Or something.

Post Reply