Maybe I'm just insane but...

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Toastenator
Regular Poster
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:44 pm
Contact:

Post by Toastenator »

wow, you guys made me feel a lot better. yea, i method draw sometimes, when its a tough face. sometimes i even stand up and look at myself in the mirror in a character's position. but only if im not utterly lazy, like my current strip.
Image

User avatar
PieceOfSkunk
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: DFW TX USA

Post by PieceOfSkunk »

About half the time I do an involved drawing, I'll work for about half an hour, then I think, "Whoa, I'd better save this!" And then I'll realize that my pencil and paper rarely crash on me and I return to drawing.

User avatar
Fiore42
Regular Poster
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:51 am
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by Fiore42 »

Wow, I've never done anything like trying to control-z \ a sketchpad error. I do sometimes try to alt-tab between different pages in physical books, though..

And if I say something bad about computers, I always apologize to my machine, and tell her I just meant all the other computers. She knows I love her, and she just crashes to show how much she loves me... She don't mean no harm by it...
Image

User avatar
Fullcircle
Regular Poster
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:33 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Post by Fullcircle »

This thread rather reminds me of Mac Killed my Inner Child somehow. /(^v^)\

Talking to computer/sketchpad/characters is totally normal. Having long drawn out arguements with characters about 'sitting still' also wouldn't make me blink. And yeah, I make the faces too ;) Artists are weird. Most people accept this. So I wouldn't worry.

~SR
As authors it is our duty to create lovable enticing characters, and do horrible evil things to them.
I don't mind straight people, as long as they act gay in public.

Image
In search of an appropriate tagline.
Updates and Community Live Journal
Tips for Character Development

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Post by JexKerome »

I've done everything here BUT that undo thing. Guess it's because I've been drawing by hand long before you could it on PCs, so it has never become a reflex for me.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

I was looking for undo on paper back when I went from drawing mcDuffies on Tablet to paper.

User avatar
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1479
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by KathleenJ »

Here's one that's kind of the opposite. When I'm working digitally and I make a serious mistake, I rush for the ctrl+z as fast as I can - like if I leave the mistake on the canvas too long, it's going to stain or bleed or something, and won't be able to be undone.
Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

I've said "smiles" and *waves* instead of smiling or waving.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Komiyan
HOLD ON TO YOUR INTERNETS!!
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:35 am
Location: Hrmph.
Contact:

Post by Komiyan »

I do the trying to find control and Z on a piece of paper thing. I've tried to do it in games before, too.
Image
Image

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

I've said "Shrug" as an answer when I couldn't decide something. But that's more from reading a lot of For Better or For Worse as a kid.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Post by Nanda »

I find myself squinting my eyes so that the page blurs slightly when I'm drawing something really complex. As though that's going to help. :lol:
Image Image

User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Godoftarot »

rkolter wrote:I've said "smiles" and *waves* instead of smiling or waving.
I've come close to doing that sort of thing a few time. I always catch myself before I do it, though.
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

I know someone who admitted to thinking "LOL" when she thought something was funny.

SimLuke
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:46 am

Post by SimLuke »

I've actually said 'Lol.' I think it was 'lmao' actually, but never mind.

I once tried to correct a word a teacher highlighted in red by pressing down on it with my finger. An option list didn't come down though, despite my persistent taping.

Oh, and I once tried to press Undo whilst writing a text message on a phone.

Me, addicted to my laptop (that I have named Riff?). Never!

User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Post by Nanda »

Yeah, I've been known to say "Oh look! I'm 'ROTFL'" when something's so funny that I've ended up on the floor. Then I laugh harder.
Image Image

User avatar
Genesis_13
Regular Poster
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:58 pm
Location: Right outside M.E. Charm's house...escaping!
Contact:

Post by Genesis_13 »

I said "WTF is up with this lab" to my chem teacher, and I almost got a detention.
Who are you calling a super-small bean you need a magnifying glass to see?!!!

This would be so much better if I updated it....which I did....but then I stopped again!

User avatar
Tim
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:42 pm
Location: State of WA, formerly MA
Contact:

Post by Tim »

I've seen stock labeled with the number 1337, and I immediately read it as "leet".

I've passed a building on the highway...the company is the Object Management Group. Of course, all I see is OMG and think something completely different.

I also occasionally say "teh" out loud.
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

kathleenJ wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:When I draw, I act out my character's roles, means when I draw a sad guy, my face is sad etc.
I do this too, and people think I'm insane. Especially if I'm in a public place.

I'll also try to Ctrl+Z for everything, like spilling milk in the kitchen.
I do this too. I don't think that it's uncommon, especialy the part about acting out your drawings. People who don't really draw in my school laugh at me because I make sound effects to me drawings as well as exspressions and poses. And here lately I've cought myself trying to ctrl+Z my way out of quite a few mistakes myself.
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

User avatar
Hartchamber
Regular Poster
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:35 am
Contact:

Post by Hartchamber »

i too make faces when i draw or write. also i sometimes i have dreams where my characters come and talk to me. also i do squinting your eyes things too. i was taught to do that in an art high school to do that to help you decide what were gray values of your drawing
desolation angel tango-it's the end of the world and the beginning of a new one.

User avatar
Jops
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:55 am
Location: Zzyzx Rd.
Contact:

Post by Jops »

I often find myself yelling at the computer (or the car) when the thing doesn't work.
I also happen to talk to / threaten videogame characters:
"Sorry sir, but i need you car! I'll bring it back later, i promise!" <- GTA 3
"Come out of there, you bastard! Show you're face, and i'll dig an hole between your eyes!" <- Project IGI 2

It has nothing to do with computers, but this actually happened:
Image
Jops

Image Image

Post Reply