In an effort to increase readership

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Terotrous wrote:
TheGoobla wrote:
KittyKatBlack wrote:*gropes TheGoobla* HA! Now it's your turn!
* Giggles in glee *

I never knew you were so open about your sexuality with women. I'm shocked, and yet not so strangely aroused...
And on the chat she was strongly opposed to art sites where you have to donate to see the adult pictures... it's all adding up now! :P
Like I've always said, "The path of the anime/manga style artist invariably leads to porn." :lol: And don't make me post the bunny pic again...
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

KittyKatBlack wrote:*gropes TheGoobla* HA! Now it's your turn!
How long did you wait for that oportunity.

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Ah, a 404.

A punishment deservant of Ooga-booga.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

Chaos Cricket wrote:[Geeks Gone Wild]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

Is it a 404, Dark? Is it really?

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

It works now.

*gropes Luprand*
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

It's grope-a-tastic!

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Ghastly wrote:Now that's comedy.

Reminds me of this Breast Cancer Society commercial that used to run on TV here.

It showed a closeup of a pair of very firm, perky breasts in a tight white T-shirt strolling down the street and the camera pulled back to show they were on a guy with a great big smile on his face waving at everyone and shaking them around.

Then it showed two guys with perky breasts laughing and jumping up and down watching each other's breasts jiggle and bounce.

Then it showed a guy in a tight white t-shirt with breasts washing his car. He looks down at his breasts and then at the hose and then at his breasts again and then he gets this great big grin on his face.

Then a female voice over comes on and says "If men had breasts they'd sure appreciate them." Then came text urging women to self examine their breasts monthly and to get mamogrammes.

Absolutely priceless commercial because it's true.
You know, that ad sound very familiar. I think I've seen it.

It made me want breasts.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

rkolter wrote: It made me want breasts.
they are the best.
Image

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Luprand wrote:Is it a 404, Dark? Is it really?

--Sij
Works now.

Didn't work when I opened it last time.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

MariaAndMichelle wrote:
Chaos Cricket wrote:[Geeks Gone Wild]
:lol: :lol: :lol:
since I know the guy who was often inspiration for Jerome's evil (he's the one with the shirt up)...I can't stop the dry heaves...I saw him with his shirt off once....(urge to puke rising....)

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

grabmygoblin wrote:
rkolter wrote: It made me want breasts.
they are the best.
Yeah. Breasts are cool.
No, wait! Boobs are cool! Breasts suck!
No, wait! Breasts don't suck! They are sucked...
I mean...

DarkArtist
Regular Poster
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:36 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by DarkArtist »

Bummmer.....that trick won't work for upping my readership. My lead already looks like a girl.

Then again.....hhhmmmm


If I gave the whole cast a sex change... I wonder if i can get that into the script.
Image

User avatar
Jops
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:55 am
Location: Zzyzx Rd.
Contact:

Post by Jops »

Yeah... it's true, breasts work! i got the proof!

My average number of visits per day is about 20...
the day after i put on this filler my stats showed that i got 92 visits!!
Jops

Image Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

I think it depends on size too.

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

What's with the bright green? Did I miss something?

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

brockway wrote:It works now.

*gropes Luprand*
*looks around then ducks his head* I feel so lonely now
mcDuffies wrote:It's grope-a-tastic!
*Ducks head lower* Now I REALLY feel lonely.
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Sippan »

Yeah, it works allright! Just look at this comic and then this follow-up! :D

(The first has breasts. You'll have to ask your boss if that counts as "work-safe".)

(If anyone cares, the actual numbers were an average of about 15 visitors a day, on the naked-girl day it went up to 65. That's the highest number of visits I've ever had :D)
Image

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

I got a massive number of visits the update day after this. Didn't think I was being fanservice-y, but I guess any little bit that I let out is a big deal.



Or maybe everyone was expecting me to have a nervous breakdown.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

Post Reply