Song Stuck In Your Head?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Superlance
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:12 am
Location: ASMS, Mobile
Contact:

Post by Superlance »

mcDuffies wrote:Does anyone know longer lyrics than this:

O'Malley's Bar

I am tall and I am thin.....
The song, Alice's Resturaunt might be longer, but I don't remember any of it, except after he dumps 2 tons of garbage out of the back of a VW bus and over a cliff, gets arrested, goes to trial, gets convicted, then is sitting there talking to another prisoner, right after he tells them that he got arrested for littering and they all scoot away from him until he explains that he also got arrested for evading capture, at which point they all gathered around him again.

Prisoner One: So, what'd they give you?
Guy: They didn't give me nothin', they charged me fifty dollars and made me pick up the garbage.

The song is hilarious.
I wish I could remeber the artist.
Image

ASMS: The school for the criminally insane.
They put us here to keep up away from the normal people.
You feared Algebra in high school? Integral Calculus is a required class here.

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

Superlance wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:Does anyone know longer lyrics than this:

O'Malley's Bar

I am tall and I am thin.....
The song, Alice's Resturaunt might be longer, but I don't remember any of it, except after he dumps 2 tons of garbage out of the back of a VW bus and over a cliff, gets arrested, goes to trial, gets convicted, then is sitting there talking to another prisoner, right after he tells them that he got arrested for littering and they all scoot away from him until he explains that he also got arrested for evading capture, at which point they all gathered around him again.

Prisoner One: So, what'd they give you?
Guy: They didn't give me nothin', they charged me fifty dollars and made me pick up the garbage.

The song is hilarious.
I wish I could remeber the artist.
arlo guthrie
its actually an anti-war song, he goes on to sing about going before the draft board during the vietman war, and he is turned down only becaue of that conviction. I love that song and that artist, I had a quote from him for a signature several weeks ago.
Image

User avatar
TheBladeRoden2
Regular Poster
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:40 am
Location: Kirby Asgard
Contact:

Post by TheBladeRoden2 »

I've seen things! I've seen them with my eyes!

I've seen things! They're often in disguise!!
"i just want to get back to life, but for that i just need to get dead" -boby
Image
JR Productions Risen: The Forum

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

One evening, I was trying to go to sleep, but I had Ramstein's "Zwitter" stuck in my head. And at the same time, some piece of orchestral music.
Anyways, I didn't know where did the orchestral music came from, but I didn't want to forget it, so I was trying to recall the name of that.
But "zwitter" kept jamming it!
I spend a lot of time trying to fight that...
I finally fell asleep, in the morning I was
"hmm, what was I doing right before falling asleep? It was something important... oh, I was trying to remember what was that piece of music, it went something like, something like mmMMMmMM-mmmMM-m-m-M... kinda like Ramstein's "sonne" ... *slap forehead*"
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Sippan »

Rammstein rules.
But not as much as "Imperiet"
Image

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

I was born in a laundromat,
I was born in a cul-de-sac...
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Song Stuck In Your Head?

Post by Ghastly »

Hobolenno wrote:Question: What song do you have or recently had stuck in your head, and what way did you get it out of your head.

I've had the song "A Man They Call Jayne" from "Firefly" stuck in my head.

Jayne
The man they call Jayne

chorus:
He robbed from the rich and he gave to the poor
Stood up to the man and he gave him what for
Our love for him now, ain't hard to explain
The hero of Canton the man they call Jayne

Our Jayne saw the mudders backs breakin'
He saw the mudders lament
And he saw the Magistrate takin'
Every dollar and leavin' five cents

So he said 'You can't do that to my people'
He said 'Can't crush them under your heel'
Jayne strapped on his hat and in five seconds flat
Stole everything Boss Higgins had to steal

chorus

Now here is what separates heros
From common folk like you and I
The man they call Jayne he turned round his plane
And let that money hit sky

He dropped it onto our houses
He dropped it into our yards
But the man they call Jayne he stole away our pain
And left, out for the stars

chorus

User avatar
Platypus
Regular Poster
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:00 pm

Post by Platypus »

Out of my head :: Fastball

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

All the majesty of city landscape
All the soaring days of our lifes
All the concrete dreams in my minds eye
All the joy I see through these architect's eyes


That's song is permanently stucked in my head for a month now, comes back every day or two.

User avatar
LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: the sea side
Contact:

Post by LAGtheNoggin »

НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!
НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!
НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!
НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!


Phonetically;
NAS NE DOGONYAT!
NAS NE DOGONYAT!
NAS NE DOGONYAT!
NAS NE DOGONYAT!


AUUGHHH! It won't leave my head! Make them leave! MAKE THEM LEAVE! ;__;

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Sippan »

LAGtheNoggin wrote:НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!
НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!
НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!
НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!


Phonetically;
NAS NE DOGONYAT!
NAS NE DOGONYAT!
NAS NE DOGONYAT!
NAS NE DOGONYAT!


AUUGHHH! It won't leave my head! Make them leave! MAKE THEM LEAVE! ;__;
You should be really, really damn glad it's the Russian version that's stuck in your head and not the English version. Tatu in English literally makes me sick, I have to leave the room. But I kinda like them in Russian =)
Image

User avatar
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: The field formerly known as hill.
Contact:

Post by RLC Davidson »

Dream On - Aerosmith
RLC, the Keenspace/ComiGen chicken.

Honour's Requiem - Who says treason isn't fun?
RLC Studios - A random website by a random artist
RLC Studios Forums

User avatar
Axonite
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:06 pm
Location: NEPA
Contact:

Post by Axonite »

I Never Cry - Alice Cooper

Woke up with that in my head a couple days ago for some reason, and it keeps coming back.

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

sippan wrote:
LAGtheNoggin wrote:НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!
НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!
НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!
НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!


Phonetically;
NAS NE DOGONYAT!
NAS NE DOGONYAT!
NAS NE DOGONYAT!
NAS NE DOGONYAT!


AUUGHHH! It won't leave my head! Make them leave! MAKE THEM LEAVE! ;__;
You should be really, really damn glad it's the Russian version that's stuck in your head and not the English version. Tatu in English literally makes me sick, I have to leave the room. But I kinda like them in Russian =)
Really? Эта девушка любит ту девушку?

НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ: They will not take us over, or in their song "They're not gonna take us"

I haven't heard much of their stuff in Russian.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

Sarga Ciszmat (Hungarian tune I ended up learning phonetically, so the spelling will not be correct ...)

Sarga Ciszmat veeshel a babam,
Seret eeshaz engami gazan.
Sarga Ciszmat veeshel a babam,
Seret eeshaz engami gazan.

Sarga Ciszmam hed sakan yonel,
Shaka babam shoshe had yonel GA-LOM-BOM
Sarga Ciszmat veeshel a babam,
Seret eeshaz engami gazan.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Sippan »

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:
sippan wrote:
LAGtheNoggin wrote:НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!
НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!
НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!
НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!


Phonetically;
NAS NE DOGONYAT!
NAS NE DOGONYAT!
NAS NE DOGONYAT!
NAS NE DOGONYAT!


AUUGHHH! It won't leave my head! Make them leave! MAKE THEM LEAVE! ;__;
You should be really, really damn glad it's the Russian version that's stuck in your head and not the English version. Tatu in English literally makes me sick, I have to leave the room. But I kinda like them in Russian =)
Really? Эта девушка любит ту девушку?

НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ: They will not take us over, or in their song "They're not gonna take us"

I haven't heard much of their stuff in Russian.
"Ya soshla s uma" is the best. I wish I spoke Russian so I understood what the songs were about though =P
Image

User avatar
Bright spark
Regular Poster
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:19 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Contact:

Post by Bright spark »

Tatu- my sister and I went to a fancy dress gig last week dressed as "skanky schoolgirls". I have black short hair, she has red hair. At the end of the night we were called up as finnalists for the costume, but they introduced us as Tatu. We were really shocked.

Also cause we were hugging each other all night.
Go on, check it out


http://brightspark.keenspace.com- is now dead, but drop by and pay your respects.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~misjed/- my sisters comic, be nice to her and she'll be nice to me.

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

Luprand wrote:Sarga Ciszmat (Hungarian tune I ended up learning phonetically, so the spelling will not be correct ...)

Sarga Ciszmat veeshel a babam,
Seret eeshaz engami gazan.
Sarga Ciszmat veeshel a babam,
Seret eeshaz engami gazan.

Sarga Ciszmam hed sakan yonel,
Shaka babam shoshe had yonel GA-LOM-BOM
Sarga Ciszmat veeshel a babam,
Seret eeshaz engami gazan.

--Sij
Phonetic...
Makes you wonder, that thing Galadriela sang must have been a hell of an earworm if Frodo managed to translate it a couple of YEARS after he heard it when he finally learnt elvish...
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: the sea side
Contact:

Post by LAGtheNoggin »

Overseer - Supermoves.

It's like what the finally of a big uber amazing Anim

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Princezo javi se Neke se pobede odvijaju na juris Ne tvrdoglavi se Priznajem javno da se genijalno duris Opasno postaje etc... can't really remember all.

Post Reply