The KeenCaptors!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: College, CA
Contact:

Post by DEVO-Bot »

I'm gonna go with Luprand on this one, "KeenCaptors" sounds like a fine name to me.
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Image

Now Alive Again

User avatar
Superlance
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:12 am
Location: ASMS, Mobile
Contact:

Post by Superlance »

Some person who joined my KeenComicClub over on DeviantART was bugging me about this earlier...
I let him join, because I am nice, but I told him to shut up, and mind his own business about it; because RPin had never heard of their club.
I told him if he wanted publicity for his Card-thing, he should have posted it on the forums, to which he replied he couldn't, because he had a bad rep on the forum.
Image

ASMS: The school for the criminally insane.
They put us here to keep up away from the normal people.
You feared Algebra in high school? Integral Calculus is a required class here.

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

Has anyone that has joined DeviantArt actually read the disclaimer? If they have, I don't see why any serious artist in their right mind would join. From what I read (It may have changed since then.) when I thought about joining, apparently the owners of the website have put in a little clause saying that they have full ownership rights of any art posted on their website, meaning they can alter, distribute or do whatever the hell they want with any art on the site without legal reprocussion. I don't think many people saw this, or I doubt the site would be as popular as it is.

Edit- Yeah it hasn't changed. Read the fine print:
DeviantArt Website wrote:The following is a brief overview (in plain English) of the terms and conditions under which submissions to deviantART.com will be accepted. In general, by submitting photographic, artistic, computer-generated and/or other materials (audio, visual, audiovisual and otherwise) to us and agreeing to the terms and conditions set forth below, you are giving us the nonexclusive right (i.e., you can grant similar rights to others at any time) to use those materials on and as part of our websites (e.g., to include your materials in our database which we make freely available over the World Wide Web). You are also representing to us that, among other things, you have the right to allow us to so use the materials and are agreeing, among other things, to cover the costs of our defense if someone claims that we do not have the right to so use the materials (or that you do not have the right to allow us to so use the materials). Our right to use your materials in this manner will continue until you choose to remove your materials, or any of them, from our website, and notify us in writing that you want to terminate this agreement. You are agreeing that we are not responsible for your work while it is on our website, including protecting it from other people, and that we are not responsible for removing it from our website. This means that if someone else gets your materials from our website and starts selling posters featuring your materials that we are not responsible for this activity and that you will pursue that other person and not deviantART to stop such use of your materials. Despite the foregoing sentence, you are also agreeing that we can remove your materials, or any of them, from our website at any time or from time to time without notice to you and without reason. You are agreeing that we have the right to use your name and likeness on our websites solely in connection with the promotion and marketing of our business (e.g., we can refer to you as a member of deviantART.com) until you notify us that you wish to terminate this agreement and you have removed all of your materials from our website. In the event that we have sublicensed your materials to another website, it is your responsibility to have your materials removed from that website and you will not hold us responsible or liable if the other website refuses to remove your materials. We reserve the right to make changes to this agreement in the future, but any changes would not apply to you unless you accept those changed terms.

ZOMBIE USER 17345
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Aye.

Post by ZOMBIE USER 17345 »

Kat's right. ZeD is SOOOOO much safer. I went to join Deviant but stopped the moment I read that disclaimer of theirs. They're totally untrustworthy. If Deviant distributes your art, they can do so without your express permission, and they will not recall that art should you choose to remove your work from their site.

ZeD, on the other hand, will put your art on TV for free and won't try to stab you in the back.

User avatar
Superlance
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:12 am
Location: ASMS, Mobile
Contact:

Post by Superlance »

If I got concerned about someone taking my stuff, I would just put an encoded watermark on it; which would take care of the computer version of it; and for printed ones, I would put my name on a place on the pic that would ruin it if you took it out.

Not that that would really work that well, but it might help a little.

But I'm not concerned about someone stealing my stuff, anyway.
Who would want it?
Image

ASMS: The school for the criminally insane.
They put us here to keep up away from the normal people.
You feared Algebra in high school? Integral Calculus is a required class here.

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

I know, but still, it's not very nice of them to do. Besides, what if they do something with your art you don't approve of? Like sell it to an advertising company or something. They could crop the image or whatever. You may not think your art is worth stealing, but someone else might. I just think it's a very shameful thing to try and pull over on people. Especially since a lot of these people are very dedicated to their work, and are unwillingly giving it up to a bunch of strangers...

ZOMBIE USER 17345
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Um . . .

Post by ZOMBIE USER 17345 »

I know I may get shot for this, but:
Since there is now a DeviantArt Issues thread, let's say you two write your replies there and allow RPin his card thread.
viewtopic.php?t=55518

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

I already have.

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

KeenCaptors it it, then. Alright, everyone who already submitted is going to receive in the next few days their wallpapers with the corrected logo.

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

My picture shoul be ready this evening, the whole moderating caught me off guard... ;)
Say, would you like this thread sticky?
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
Jops
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:55 am
Location: Zzyzx Rd.
Contact:

Post by Jops »

RPin, is it possible to center my card more on the bottle (just moving the pic a bit on the left. Being "The Thirsty" i think the bottle shouldn't be partially cut off.
I may re-do the pic if you need it.
Jops

Image Image

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

Hey, if that won't be too much of a trouble, I would like, yes. :D

Also, I'm planning to take care of KeenLace this year. Does anyone dislike the idea?

[EDIT] Jops: Yeah, since I'm doing everything again, that won't be a problem. But your character will be cropped in the left.

User avatar
Jops
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:55 am
Location: Zzyzx Rd.
Contact:

Post by Jops »

RPin wrote:[EDIT] Jops: Yeah, since I'm doing everything again, that won't be a problem. But your character will be cropped in the left.
If you crop a bit of her arm that won't be a problem. Besides the bottle doen't have to be in the middle, just be shown fully.
Jops

Image Image

User avatar
EMH
Regular Poster
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:08 am
Location: right next to nowhere
Contact:

Post by EMH »

RPin wrote:Hey, if that won't be too much of a trouble, I would like, yes. :D
aaand, it's a sticky!
I had to log in into my moderating account.

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

Thank you very much!

But why didn't you want to use your normal account?

Yeah, and I ask David Stripe to PM me with his email adress.

Except for him and Jops, everyone should be receiving your new wallpapers. If not, let me know.

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

Hmm... I might do one if I find the time.

I can have more than one character on the card, right? Since Keffria did a pair as well?

And lets see... mine will be called...

:o

...erm... no prizes for guessing what mine will be called.
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

Please do! You, Mr. Bob and Yarps, I demand thy!

And I'm thinking about doing one for Kisai. Any ideas of card names?

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

I'll do one too. Guess I have till the 20th of Feb? Aughta be done well before then.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

RPin wrote:Please do! You, Mr. Bob and Yarps, I demand thy!

And I'm thinking about doing one for Kisai. Any ideas of card names?
Easy!

The Catgirl-Admin!
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

RPin wrote:Please do! You, Mr. Bob and Yarps, I demand thy!

And I'm thinking about doing one for Kisai. Any ideas of card names?
I'm working, I'm working!
My first idea just didn't want to look right, so I had to start over, grrr...., but fear not, I will have something soon.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

Post Reply