Me too.Rickford wrote:Erk, missed this thread.
How long does it take you to draw a comic?
- Black Sparrow
- Cartoon Anti-Hero
- Posts: 6973
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:04 am
- Location: Violating your restraining order
- Contact:
- Ti-Phil
- Héro de Dessin Animé
- Posts: 1928
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Ste-Julienne
- Contact:
Usually an hour for the pencil.
One for the inking, between 4 to 10 for the colouring.
One for the inking, between 4 to 10 for the colouring.
The Volet
What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?
"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?
"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
- Black Sparrow
- Cartoon Anti-Hero
- Posts: 6973
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:04 am
- Location: Violating your restraining order
- Contact:
Like 2 or 2.5 hours. I'm not good enough for it to consume my mortal existence. 
Artsist and Editor of GBC
http://gbc.Comicgenesis.com

A webcomic about life...the life of toys, anyway...
Updates Monday and/or whenever I darn well fell like it.
zomg! I`m surfing the net on my wii!
http://gbc.Comicgenesis.com

A webcomic about life...the life of toys, anyway...
Updates Monday and/or whenever I darn well fell like it.
zomg! I`m surfing the net on my wii!
-
Game Misconduct
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 119
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:51 pm
- Sortelli
- Cartoon Villain
- Posts: 6334
- Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:15 pm
- Location: in your grandpa's clothes, I look incredible
- Contact:
I'm surprised I draw faster than a lot of folks... I've crammed my production process down into about 2 and a half hours from start of penciling to finishing up on the computer. But that's 2 and a half intense hours and I feel absolutely thrashed afterwards which is why I don't get much done aside from each day's page.
That doesn't count the writing process, but that's ongoing through the day while I'm doing other things.
That doesn't count the writing process, but that's ongoing through the day while I'm doing other things.
- Laundromatcomics
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:30 am
- Location: Sure, I've done some time...what of it?
- Contact:
- Sincerely
- Ice Queen
- Posts: 1814
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:09 pm
- Location: In my frigid kingdom
- Contact:
Oops used to take me two hours per page, but it looked like crap, so yeah. Sometimes, I put a little extra effort into the pencils or inking, and it took an extra hour or so. Later in its life, I stopped bothering to shade and didn't proof my typing, so I'm sure it was much less.
Dissent takes daaaays to do a comic. I think the shortest I ever managed was two to three hours for pencils and about 28 hours for the rest, over two days. Usually I spread the workload out over two weeks. Video games 'n whatnot.
Dissent takes daaaays to do a comic. I think the shortest I ever managed was two to three hours for pencils and about 28 hours for the rest, over two days. Usually I spread the workload out over two weeks. Video games 'n whatnot.
- Laundromatcomics
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:30 am
- Location: Sure, I've done some time...what of it?
- Contact:
- Hallonpress
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:22 am
- Location: Malmö, Sweden
- Contact:
- Redtech
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 532
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:15 am
- Location: 'Terror central' London
- Contact:
Well we shouldn't be looking at the clock if we're enjoying the work!
That's why I gave a 'vague' answer to my previous post, I don't vouch for anyone else.
After all, if one enjoys drawing their comic, then the time flies past too quickly. I haven't uploaded a comic this last too months, but the updates are still coming in...and I have a backlog...and it took me too long just to decide whether I should use frames or not and ARGH!
That's why I gave a 'vague' answer to my previous post, I don't vouch for anyone else.
After all, if one enjoys drawing their comic, then the time flies past too quickly. I haven't uploaded a comic this last too months, but the updates are still coming in...and I have a backlog...and it took me too long just to decide whether I should use frames or not and ARGH!
















