Art Show #2

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Post Reply
User avatar
Stolle
Regular Poster
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:37 pm
Contact:

Post by Stolle »

Just a little GIF showing the coloring steps I took. I didn't really know where to put it, and I think some people may find it useful/interesting? Oh, and it's kinda big, so watch out.
To be honest, I found the first step most attractive.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

Nice, soap! If I knew how to do animate giffs, I'd try that out. It's really interesting to see the artistic process like that!

My favorite were some of the less darkly shaded versions. But the final product is pretty amazing, too!
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Soap Soaperson wrote:Image

Just a little GIF showing the coloring steps I took. I didn't really know where to put it, and I think some people may find it useful/interesting? Oh, and it's kinda big, so watch out.
DAMN IT SOAP! :evil:
Do you stalk me, waiting for me to post on this thread, so you could post something awesome after me, and totally overshade me?
I bet you have a dozen of cool stuff on your comp, finished, just waiting for me to post something so you could post it just after me!
:cry: :cry: :cry:

User avatar
Soap Soaperson
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1182
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
Location: Florida

Post by Soap Soaperson »

*Sheds a tear for McDuffies* :'(

PS: <333
Yay. | Yay Part II.

---

NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.

<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

Image

GUYS! OMG! I DREW THIS!!! OMG GOD! IT'S NOT A SPRITE! *Sputters and dies*

Sorry, but I'm still new to this "drawing things that aren't sprites stuff"

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

Image

In case you're wondering, size 0 and 4 W&N sable brushes using black ink on a generic A3 cartridge pad. Initial picture drawn and sketched using my good old mechanical pencil.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Digital War wrote: In case you're wondering, size 0 and 4 W&N sable brushes using black ink on a generic A3 cartridge pad. Initial picture drawn and sketched using my good old mechanical pencil.
Are they the series 7 brushes? I'm just wondering. Awesome pic by the way.
Image

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

I think so.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Spriteville, USA wrote: GUYS! OMG! I DREW THIS!!! OMG GOD! IT'S NOT A SPRITE! *Sputters and dies*
It's awfull. Better stop while you still can.

I'm kidding, it's good for a mouse art. And the reflection in the pool is a nice touch.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I was at a staff meeting at work, and these are the notes I took.
Image
I'll post a real drawing when I have the time to do one.
Image

Spriteville, USA
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Spriteville, USA »

mcDuffies wrote:
Spriteville, USA wrote: GUYS! OMG! I DREW THIS!!! OMG GOD! IT'S NOT A SPRITE! *Sputters and dies*
It's awfull. Better stop while you still can.

I'm kidding, it's good for a mouse art. And the reflection in the pool is a nice touch.
lol thanks for the support =]

I think I'm going to corner the "sterotypically bad forms of drawing" market all by myself soon. Sprites and MSPaint are done... hrm what next? =]

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

Ball point pens. :)
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Stickfigure.

User avatar
Soap Soaperson
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1182
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
Location: Florida

Post by Soap Soaperson »

Yaaaay, keep drawing, Spriteville!

Image

Bad self-portrait time a hur hur (it only barely looks like me).
Yay. | Yay Part II.

---

NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.

<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no

User avatar
CapitanG
Regular Poster
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: My mountain hideout
Contact:

Post by CapitanG »

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:I was at a staff meeting at work, and these are the notes I took.
Some staff meeting. Where do you work?
Gnomes! --Still being updated!
Talent Optional -- Surreality TV--Both on Hiatus

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

Edit: Nevermind, I took a closer look. Beautiful work, Soap.

McDuffies, were you drawing off of models or photographed poses, or did you come up with those on your own? I enjoyed the crosshatching.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

CapitanG wrote:
PeppermintAfterlife wrote:I was at a staff meeting at work, and these are the notes I took.
Some staff meeting. Where do you work?
At a magazine company. The meeting was mostly about stuff that didn't pertain to me, so I doodled most of the time. I find that I tend to pay attention better when doodling for some reason. Looking at a bunch of people sitting around makes my mind wander.
Image

User avatar
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2446
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:08 am
Location: The Big Apple
Contact:

Post by Isukiyomi »

Sketch of a made up guy based on a photo. Used it as a section divider for my notes.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14780212/
Valar Morghulis - Michiko Monogatari & Tehuti

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:
CapitanG wrote:
PeppermintAfterlife wrote:I was at a staff meeting at work, and these are the notes I took.
Some staff meeting. Where do you work?
At a magazine company. The meeting was mostly about stuff that didn't pertain to me, so I doodled most of the time. I find that I tend to pay attention better when doodling for some reason. Looking at a bunch of people sitting around makes my mind wander.
I do the same thing in classes. But my doodles are far far worse.
jag saknar självförtroende

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

I doodle every single class. It actually helps me concentrate, and tends to be some of my better stuff.


These are some of my classroom drawings:


Image


EDIT: There used to be more than one, but since I'm an idiot and photobucket has a resize option it is now smaller than your standard thumbnail...did I say I'm an idiot already?
Last edited by Orion on Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

Post Reply