I desire to make comic buttons [Button makers in CANADA?]

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Post Reply
User avatar
Tarotreader3
Regular Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Peterborough OR Markham ontario, canada
Contact:

I desire to make comic buttons [Button makers in CANADA?]

Post by Tarotreader3 »

I'm not sure where I'm going with it. i've got a few ideas. but the first step would be to aquire a button maker, and supplies. If I lived in American, I could order a machine from any number of web sites and get free shipping too, however I live in canada, as such I can not find many websites that offer them.

Can anyone help with this? I need to buy a button maker that is sold within canada.
Image
<Exit: The Professionals> <Enter: The College Pros>
Vote for me here

User avatar
Bwerith
Regular Poster
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:40 pm
Location: Suburban Canada
Contact:

Post by Bwerith »

I'll ask a friend of mine, who I know has recently had a button made with his artwork. No idea how he got it made, though. I don't think he has a buttonmaking machine, but anything is possible really.
Image

User avatar
DJMayhem
cor leonis
Posts: 3651
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:47 pm
Contact:

Post by DJMayhem »

Ebay?
You know, i should work on this.

User avatar
Leko
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2263
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: Wandering my psyche in search of my mind
Contact:

Post by Leko »

Have you tried craft stores? I'm not sure what kinds of places are in business in Canada, but even if they don't carry button makers, they'll probably be able to tell you where you can find one. Crafty people are cool like that.
Thespiphobia: (n) An irrational fear of actors.
From Greek: thespian (actor), phobos (fear).
Image Image Image
ImageANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

User avatar
Tarotreader3
Regular Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Peterborough OR Markham ontario, canada
Contact:

Post by Tarotreader3 »

e-bay is super limited... infact only one is on sale in canada, and it's not a very good one. and the supplies for it are hard to find. but yeah, i might try out craft stores, and see what they know (they don't sell them, or the supplies) ... supid canada, stupid face.
Image
<Exit: The Professionals> <Enter: The College Pros>
Vote for me here

User avatar
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Adventuring
Contact:

Post by Tynan »

If you find some brand of art prof/teacher they can lead you in the right direction. I asked on about the same thing and she showed me to this craft store that was in Scarberia Town Centre. Though you might just find a manual on making them by hand...its tedious but simple.

User avatar
Bwerith
Regular Poster
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:40 pm
Location: Suburban Canada
Contact:

Post by Bwerith »

Okay, my friend directed me to the following website:

Rowdy Media
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

You just have to press the right buttons.
BWAHAHAHAHA!

Post Reply