Finals have cometh! Saveth thou...er...thy...nevermind...

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Grayswandir
Regular Poster
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...
Contact:

Finals have cometh! Saveth thou...er...thy...nevermind...

Post by Grayswandir »

Anyway...my finals are this week and next week, so I was wondering if people wanted to draw comics or art that I could post on my comic website. It doesn't have to have anything to do with my comic (although that'd be appreciated)
I just thought it'd be a cool thing to post up (I did see something like this posted here, so yes I'm a copy cat...copy thing...copy...erm....whatever)

forgot to add my email: theflamesofchaos@hotmail.com
-Ben "Lazy Degenerate Cartoonist" Maish
Image
Tank'd-Clogging the gutter and loving it...
I love children, I just can't eat a whole one.

User avatar
Grayswandir
Regular Poster
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...
Contact:

Post by Grayswandir »

I just realized that asking people to do guest comics for you (unless its a special occassion) isn't exactly proper or nice. So, I apologize.
Image
Tank'd-Clogging the gutter and loving it...
I love children, I just can't eat a whole one.

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

You know, even popular webcomickers have trouble asking for guest comics sometimes, so don't worry.

Still... Your comic hasn't reach a point yet where it's critical to put something up even when you can't. If you have to go into a little hiatus, just do it. The best way to avoid hiatus, though, is to set up a realistic schedule, not ask for guest comics. I don't know how many times I said this, but it works, people! Look at Ghastly: the guy has a day job and two kids which keep him from doing more than one comic per week, and even then he has one of the most popular webcomics on KeenSpace.

So far I've been able to fill every thursday with nice art people send me. But what makes them so special is the fact that I never asked for a single one. It is truly better to get a gift you wasn't expecting than ask people to make them for you.

User avatar
Grayswandir
Regular Poster
Posts: 334
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:10 pm
Location: running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...
Contact:

Post by Grayswandir »

:)
I'll make sure to remember that, my problem is, is that I don't have a set schedule, maybe I should set one...Plus, I have the problem of anti-computer parents kinda thing...So I wouldn't be able to stick to a specific schedule until I move out...which should hopefully be soon!
yay!!! *dances around*
Image
Tank'd-Clogging the gutter and loving it...
I love children, I just can't eat a whole one.

User avatar
Matt Lim
Regular Poster
Posts: 876
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:49 pm
Location: Somewhere over a rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Matt Lim »

Yeah, I am having finals at my school this week. I don't have to worry though, if I get a zero on my ap physics final, I will still make a B.
Image
Nihaoma!

YarpsDat: Matt Lim makes Mecharm cry.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

I learned that the best was of getting guest comics for a finals break is asking for them a lot earlier. A few months ago, you'd probably get a load of them. Now, I don't know, people are just busy.

(btw i don't think it's inpolite to ask for guest comics)

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Finals here to. Had physics final today. Moderately easy. Have 4 on thursday. :x
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

*Crawls over, beaten and tired*

Uh......Just took 4 finals.....low on strength.....it hurts to type....econ was moderately difficult.....spanish was easy....trig sucked the energy out of me....art was easy....

*collapses*
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

My Finals end tomorrow!

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

FoxFang
Regular Poster
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 1:52 pm

Post by FoxFang »

I have 8 days left, someone help me!

User avatar
DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: College, CA
Contact:

Post by DEVO-Bot »

You jerks. I have two weeks left.

('course, I only have one final this quarter... :D )
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Image

Now Alive Again

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

*does the happy dance around Devo multiple times while laughing*
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

User avatar
Hiye
Regular Poster
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:55 pm
Location: Sapporo, Japan
Contact:

Post by Hiye »

I have four weeks :( and 6 finals left - AP chem, physics 1, precalculus, AP german, AP english 11, and Psychology. Argh. Oh well, at least AP tests are over.

But I'll probably draw my comic in class anyway.
Image

'She seemed, poor woman, to imagine that the French and the Martians might prove very similar.'
-H.G. Wells, War of the Worlds

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

I'm due in a month. And three months after that. And three months after that.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

I'm done. Completely done. And by completely, I mean utterly, totally, trodden on the dead parrot done. For I have graduated from college! I'm free! Freeee!

Unless, of course, I end up in grad school.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

FoxFang
Regular Poster
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 1:52 pm

Post by FoxFang »

Lets see, you are born, you whine moan and complain while some changes your diaper. You grow up and still whine and complain but do it while swearing as you go through grade after grade. Then you get a job a girlfriend go to college and become completely poor. After getting through all that it is freedom except if you count for paying off college, the countless bills in the future, the waste of your life in working all so when you retire if your still alive by then to sit whine moap complain swear tons and get your diaper changed by some strange person if you live long enough.

Unless of course your a rich person then you are lucky. Life sucks, but remember, there are always comics to enjoy. There are a lot that make fun of this aspect of life to, wow isn't life great?

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

Heh. Aren't we just the optimist, now? :roll:
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

FoxFang
Regular Poster
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 1:52 pm

Post by FoxFang »

Hey....hey....I'm an agnostic realist who actually is an optomist and has high self-esteem but doesn't show it. Okay, maybe I'm just an agnostic realist that is paranoid, insane, schizo, and in some type of funk depression but hey if I can get away with being an agnostic realist while the rest of my family is irish catholic and my girlfriend is a southern baptist then I just completely changed the topic and made you forget what your original question was so go me! WHOO! :o

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:02 pm

Post by JexKerome »

Agnostic realist? No offense, but isn't that an oxymoron?
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

I took today off from work and slept in! Plus, I just discovered this week Dish Network has a bunch of the Sirius channels now! And my kitty is sleeping at the window beside me.

It's a wonderful day, even if it's cloudy outside.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Post Reply