How are you doing, comic-wise?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

PPPHHHHPPPHPBBBTHTHTTHTH

Postby Cope on Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:30 pm

*spittakes mcduffies*
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Trying to come up with a "half-cat" pun for like 10 minutes

Postby IVstudios on Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:46 pm

I've had to start drinking half-caf McDuffies. Regular gives me a headache.
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

The Best Part of Waking Up

Postby Fading Aura on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Nothing quite starts the day like a McDuffies latte with extra cream. You should try it, IV.
Here we stand, here we fall; history don't care at all. Make the bed, light the light; Lady Mercy won't be home tonight.
Fading Aura
Regular Poster

Re: How are you doing, comic-wise?

Postby Humbug on Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Heya all! I started this strip more for fun and a chance to experiment with colouring. Still haven't started on page 2. I was originally gonna call it Esme's Godfather but my bf thought Uncle Vinnie is a better title.

I think I figured out why I wasn't satisfied with the colours here; the pallet is not cohesive and all over the place. Oh well, after page 2 I play around some more, something dramatic even.

Imageunkavinnie by Aimee Chow, on Flickr
Humbug
Cartoon Hero

argh why is my mouth full of fur

Postby Cope on Fri May 03, 2019 2:52 am

Humbug wrote:.

*spittakes mcDuffies again*

Nice to see you're still drawing and still so good at it!
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Cope
Incompetent Monster

Postby Humbug on Fri May 03, 2019 4:46 pm

I never stopped. :D In fact I've been gaming less and drawing more lately. I must be getting old, noooo!
Humbug
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ideal Comics on Mon May 06, 2019 12:16 pm

MariaAndMichelle wrote:Never thought that this would ever be applicable again...!

This is amazing.
Ideal Comics
Regular Poster

Postby Ideal Comics on Mon May 06, 2019 1:13 pm

What am I doing Comic-wise?

Well, we (because there a whole mess of us over here) are still working on "Forces of Good and Evil," our fish-out-of-water highschool dramedy+superheroes. We've been at that since 2006, intermittently (including some fun team-ups with other ComicGenesis alums.

I have also begun writing another comic exclusive to our Patreon. "Joe Jobs follows a hard knock adventures of Greg Mason, a normal guy who the past won't leave alone. The first arc, which is free until it is complete, and then will be printed and mailed to patrons, Follows Greg at "Whooptee Burger".

We are working toward crowdfunding a miniseries based on our outlaw street detective The Expositioner. Art chores by Rico Cobos and Barry Tetz, VoX Populi hits Indiegogo June 1st. "When a series of missing persons cases intersect with massive property damage, can The Expositioner discover the secret behind the appearance of a number of horrid monsters?"

I also co-host a comic-focused talk show on Youtube every Thursday: the Mattriarchy. We are always looking for guests.
Ideal Comics
Regular Poster

Postby Bobadventures on Sun May 12, 2019 5:13 pm

Well, for this story arc I'm starting with a brief interlude set in medieval Timbuktu in west Africa, which has required a bit of research. Together with dayjob stuff (a new position that involves a fair bit of overtime), that has slowed me down, which is annoying and so I don't think I'll be doing anything research-heavy in the comic again for a while after this. Please let me know what you think.

Bobadventures
Regular Poster

Postby Xwhy on Sat May 18, 2019 1:14 pm

I'm doing well, comic-wise. I may not be on the strictest of schedules, but I don't have advertisers to annoy, and the handful of dedicated fans wait for me.

I never thought that I'd still be doing this more than 11 years and 1400 comics later. Some of the supporting (and background) characters started to get names (some first and last). And then I realized that I needed more than the same handful of students who'd been in class for the past decade and created a whole lot more of them ... and started naming some of them. Getting very picky with names, for some reason. Trying to avoid puns and alliteration. (Mostly because the strip has enough bad puns as it is without saddling a character.)
Xwhy
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion