So... what's new with you guys?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Re: So... what's new with you guys?

Postby JSConner800 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:58 am

It's been a long, long time since I've stopped by these forums, so I figured this thread was as good a place as any to say hello again.

So hi!

I've spent the last two years getting a credential and a job as a high school teacher (somehow I got roped into teaching drama even though I've never even taken an acting class before), so that, combined with the fact that our artist dropped off the face of the Earth, reappeared, asked to take a year off, completed one strip after that year was up, then disappeared again permanently, Steel Salvation has been on the shelf for pretty much that whole time.

The good news is that I make a half decent drama teacher (we just sold out our production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), AND we all decided to take the plunge and hire a new artist, so Steel Salvation is back in business!

Our new artist, Kenan Halilovic, is super professional, impeccably on time, and he can mimic our old artist's style while adding his own twist to it. Plus, he's *really* good with backgrounds and scale, which is something I've always wanted for our comic. I'd add a sample of our newest strips, but the attachment upload thingy doesn't seem to be cooperating, so here's a link to our latest completed, uploaded strip. He gets even better from here:

http://www.steelsalvationcomic.com/page ... a2-34.html
My eternal schlong unravels - VeryCuddlyCornpone
JSConner800
Regular Poster

Re: So... what's new with you guys?

Postby IVstudios on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:10 pm

That's quite a harrowing tail. Glad to hear you're still making comics though!
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to General Discussion