Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 am
Location: My little office
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by IVstudios »

My thought process in the .5 seconds it took that picture to load:

Image
Hmm, that hat looks familiar. :)

Image
Heeeeey, that's The Assistant! And it looks like she was drawn by SpacePrincess. :D

Image
Yup, definitely SpacePrincess. XD

Image
Wow, that's awesome! I especially like the way she drew the rocks & ocean. This has made my whole day. :D

Image
Nice, a picture of The Assistant. Using a metal rod. To take some lava readings. That's so cool. :D
Hmm, why does that scenario sound so familiar? I feel like I saw a picture with that subject material very recently. :eyebrow:

Image
D: GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!! D:

Seriously though SP, that is awesome!

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by McDuffies »

You don't hear such compelling arguements for slow loading times too often.

User avatar
Mastermind
Regular Poster
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:29 am

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by Mastermind »

Half a second is too long for THIS dial-up club member

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by McDuffies »

Apparently I still have the button for that even though I haven't been member for years.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by Phact0rri »

my BAUD club member button is sprouting rust but I still wear it proudly. actually I don't even have broadband at my place right now. I cancelled my service, cause its ridiculous since I don't really download anything and most uploading and surfing I can do with my cellular phone, and if I should need a faster internet, I can get it at any number of places, including my place of employment.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by McDuffies »

As long as there are people on dial-up, webcomics and forums will live. When everyone gets fast internet, everyone will go do youtube and facebook.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by Phact0rri »

you can't use facebook on dial-up? I find that hard to believe!
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by McDuffies »

I haven't tried but it seems to me you'll wait for an hour or so for everything, and Facebook doesn't have a htmly version like Gmail.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by Phact0rri »

McDuffies wrote:I haven't tried but it seems to me you'll wait for an hour or so for everything, and Facebook doesn't have a htmly version like Gmail.
I think this calls for an experiment.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

LEARN HOW TO COMPRESS PNGS YOU BRATS

Post by Cope »

McDuffies wrote:As long as there are people on dial-up, webcomics and forums will live.
The problem with this line of thought is that many of the kids making webcomics these days reckon they're too cool for image compression.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by McDuffies »

Eh, we all had a period before we were introduced to benefits of "save for web".
I think this calls for an experiment.
I used to try to load it from my parent's home a few years back before they got adsl. I'd usually give up.

User avatar
robotthepirate
Regular Poster
Posts: 563
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 am
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by robotthepirate »

McDuffies wrote:Eh, we all had a period before we were introduced to benefits of "save for web".
I sure did!

I'm on deviantArt now. http://fav.me/d4fstdx. Mainly just taking drawings from the comic and making them fancy lookin'. So who else is on there?
Image Image Image Image

User avatar
Natane
Regular Poster
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by Natane »

robotthepirate wrote:
I'm on deviantArt now. http://fav.me/d4fstdx. Mainly just taking drawings from the comic and making them fancy lookin'. So who else is on there?

Right then, I will be adding you to my devwatch at this time. :3
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

DeviantArt

User avatar
robotthepirate
Regular Poster
Posts: 563
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 am
Location: Staffordshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by robotthepirate »

Natane wrote:
robotthepirate wrote:
I'm on deviantArt now. http://fav.me/d4fstdx. Mainly just taking drawings from the comic and making them fancy lookin'. So who else is on there?

Right then, I will be adding you to my devwatch at this time. :3
Yay! Likewise.
Image Image Image Image

User avatar
Spaceprincess
Regular Poster
Posts: 754
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: omicron persi i 8
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by Spaceprincess »

definitely SpacePrincess.
I see it was the big booty that gave it away.

I stay away from deviant art. Too many perverts posting really inappropriate fan art. Bunch of sickos.

User avatar
RobboAKAscooby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1140
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: Brisvegas
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by RobboAKAscooby »

Spaceprincess wrote: I stay away from deviant art. Too many perverts posting really inappropriate fan art. Bunch of sickos.
Wa ha ha ha ha!!
ImageDeviantart~tumblr
"Your service is to the story and to the characters. Fuck the audience and fuck your own whims." - Yeahduff

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by Phact0rri »

Spaceprincess wrote:I stay away from deviant art. Too many perverts posting really inappropriate fan art. Bunch of sickos.
so really what you are saying is, that Deviant Art is full of... deviant artists?
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Natane
Regular Poster
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by Natane »

Yyyyeahh... I like DA, but whenever I go to the front page (I have it sorted by 'newest') it's usually a mix of bad fanart, adoptables, questionable photos and memes.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

DeviantArt

User avatar
Mastermind
Regular Poster
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:29 am

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by Mastermind »

You guys don't like crude boob shots in dirty surroundings and recolored Sonic? IT'S ART YOU DON'T GET IT

User avatar
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: the spoonited plates of Americup
Contact:

Re: Doodles 12: Just like clockwork.

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

Mastermind wrote:You guys don't like crude boob shots in dirty surroundings and recolored Sonic? IT'S ART YOU DON'T GET IT
ITS MA STYYYYYYYYYYLE
Image
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

Post Reply