Cash

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by McDuffies »

Skwinky wrote:Ffff I feel so snuggly and loved now. And I'm hoping Yeahduff isn't having computer issues like mine this morning, they're the worst! Alas my hard drive, I knew ye well.
He is from Chicago. They always have computer problems in Chicago.

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by MixedMyth »

That's because, as everyone knows, Chicago is a post-apocalyptic wasteland filled with horrible mutants and politicians. Where d'you think Mad Max was filmed?
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by Yeahduff »

Wrong Australian dude.

Computer's just fine, McDuffies just likes speaking for people. Bit of a complex, that one.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by McDuffies »

Yeahduff wrote:Wrong Australian dude.

Computer's just fine, McDuffies just likes speaking for people. Bit of a complex, that one.
Oh yeah? Well Skwinky says that I'm totally charming.

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by Bustertheclown »

My threads always seem to get derailed so quickly. :-?
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by McDuffies »

That's because it's about money and we are auteurs.

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by Bustertheclown »

Money is fashionable in this capitalist society. Green is the new black.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
Skwinky
Regular Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:42 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by Skwinky »

It's obviously because of McDuffies' charm. Even the thread is distracted.
Image

User avatar
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: the spoonited plates of Americup
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by VeryCuddlyCornpone »

even the distraction is distracted
Image
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by McDuffies »

this thread is so distracted that it's probably gonna go back on topic now.
(Psssssst, McDuffies, you predicted the future.)
I know

User avatar
Procelis
Regular Poster
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:03 pm
Location: USA

Re: Cash

Post by Procelis »

I plan on making money off my comic somehow, I just don't have the exact plans on how to do it figured out yet :wink: .

User avatar
Skwinky
Regular Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:42 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by Skwinky »

I guess for zee money makings, I can definitely recommend Project Wonderful if you're willing to put ads on your site, and ka-blam.com is great for printing comics. I've gotten books in a timely manner, the staff has been pleasant, and it's the cheapest place I've found to print so far.

(Psssssst, McDuffies, you predicted the future.)
Image

User avatar
Aerones
Regular Poster
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Re: Cash

Post by Aerones »

Procelis wrote:I plan on making money off my comic somehow, I just don't have the exact plans on how to do it figured out yet :wink: .
1. Make a decent product.
2.
3. Profit!

It's always that second step that eludes me.
Image

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by Yeahduff »

The second part is "????"
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: Cash

Post by Phact0rri »

Bustertheclown wrote:I do a lot better for myself outside of the realm of comics, as well. People have always been more accepting of my "serious" artwork than they have of my cartooning. That's why I've put the focus more upon painting and printmaking over the last few years, and it's paid off. I'm in shows and get some nice commissions often enough. Still, I've never stopped drawing comics. I just don't know what to do with them now.
This is what I've found. Granted I've never really been an awesome artist in terms of more commercial sorts, I do find I make way more money in design than I ever would doing comics.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

Post Reply