Am I the only one who wanted to shoot themselves?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Garasade
Regular Poster
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:54 am
Contact:

Re: Am I the only one who wanted to shoot themselves?

Post by Garasade »

I really don't have any grasp of HTML, but fortunately the server on Comicgen end manages to make it float. Coding in HTML or CSS or what have you seems entirely like an art unto itself.

User avatar
Dotty
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2434
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:29 pm
Location: Drunk!
Contact:

Re: Am I the only one who wanted to shoot themselves?

Post by Dotty »

I don't understand much about CG's templates and html and stuff. I usually had someone help me through it when I wanted to do things, because yeah...it's hard on the noggin.
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die

User avatar
Paradox
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:26 am
Location: South Australia

Re: Am I the only one who wanted to shoot themselves?

Post by Paradox »

I was lucky because I've always been one of these people who technology and teaching themselves comes easy, but I will put up my hand to say it did take me a day or so to get over my fear of the bloody FTP server lol...I'm on dialup and trying to load things is hard at the best of times so messing around with something that could destroy my site at the first wrong click kinda worried me a tad. But I'm with Tri...
Tri wrote:I, on the other hand, go and fiddle with all the things I don't understand until I understand them. And I haven't blown up anything yet. (Well, nothing important anyway.)
And I'm constantly learning as I'm one of these...
Tim wrote:Yeah, it takes a while to get the site up and going, and unless you're one of those people who are never satisfied and constantly changing your website design, you'll probably never touch your templates again.
A tip I'll give you that I found useful is, if you see what you WANT to do on another site, open up the source code for the page and find the part you want and use that as a template to work out which HTML things you need to learn in order to do what you want.

In Firefox go View>Page Source or if you're using IE go View>Source
Image
Image

Post Reply