Are you planning to update ever again?

Are you planning to update ever again?

Postby Rkolter on Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:04 am

Someone turned me to Sandwich World a month ago and I read it all and liked what I read.

Then, the sporadic updates killed me.

Update your damn comic. I like it and want more. :wink:
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Dagda Mor on Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:10 pm

*registers in order to comment*
Please? You are seriously one of the best comedic writers out there, better than at least half of Keenspot. Not only that, you've succesfully pulled off a Cerebus Syndrome and mixed serious and humourous elements. This is a serious achievment that many fail at. To stop the comic now would be a tragic loss.
Dagda Mor

Postby Rabidazell on Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:00 am

Guys, I hate to be the one to say this but Tom will be lucky if he can even walk let alone write/draw comics. He's been in hospital for weeks now due to a growth on his head and things are pretty touch and go. His Sister will be heading back to Mont. as soon as she can and I'll get her to tell him that you guys like the comic. Hopefully he can still hear.
Rabidazell
Regular Poster

Postby Dagda Mor on Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:49 am

Wow.
I'll be praying for him. I don't know what more I can say beyond that.
Dagda Mor

Postby SuperJoe on Sun May 01, 2005 12:15 pm

Me too. I really hope he doesn't die before he pays me back that loan.
The unSnarkable J-Walkin'!
SuperJoe
Cartoon Hero

Postby MisterIrony on Mon May 02, 2005 8:55 am

Updates should start again before the month's end and if things all go well, shouldn't stop until the strip's over. Thanks for the praise, guys!

As for the aforementioned growth, I'll get that taken care of as soon as I find myself a ticket to Australia.

... And a gun.
MisterIrony
Regular Poster

Postby Ccelizic on Sat May 21, 2005 6:46 pm

YIPES! I dind't know he had medical problems. I hope you are on the mend. That's all I can say. And not just because you are a kickass artist. But because you are a kickass person in general. Though this growth seems to be related to crazed australians, in which case, I wish you good aim and godspeed, cause if you miss that flamethrower'll get you.
How dare you! I know evil is bad, but come on! Eating kittens is just plain--plain wrong! And no one should do it! EVER!
Ccelizic
Regular Poster

Postby Ccelizic on Mon May 23, 2005 6:29 pm

I must warn you though, Irony is in on a secret Conspiracy with Joe Nadeau of JWalkin's Rythm and Blues Emporium. They are performing an experiment where theycreate excellent comics, get people hooked, and then they withdraw the comic and see how long the people keep watching the pages. The data from this all goes forward to an evil mastermind (though many theorologistss speculate that one of them might in fact be the evil mastermind behind this plot if it is not in fact Rabidazel). The evil mastermind then takes the data, compiles it, runs it through an elaborate energy matrix computer composed of numerous hamsters connected together by special energy condiuts. This super computer then takes the data and spits out a scheme to take over the world using nothing more then common household devices and shiny skintight jumpsuits. (All evil plans require shiny skintight clothing).

It all reminds me of this story. You see these scientists put a bunch of monkeys in a cage, the cage had a ramp with a banana on it. Whenever any of the monkeys went for the banana, the scientists would hose them all down. It got to a point where no monkey would go near that bit of fruit. Then, they replaced one of the monkeys. That monkey went for the banana naturally and all his companion monkeys tackled him and beat the tar outof him. After a while that monkey was completely put off going after the banana. At that point, they replaced another monkey, and the processed repeated. After several months, they had a cage full of monkeys who had never been hosed down, yet, if any monkey had the cajones to go for that blasted banana, all his monkey bretheren would beat the snot out of him. The moral, well, I forgot the moral of all this, but it involved monkeys so I thought it must have been important.
How dare you! I know evil is bad, but come on! Eating kittens is just plain--plain wrong! And no one should do it! EVER!
Ccelizic
Regular Poster

Postby Ccelizic on Thu May 26, 2005 10:21 am

Mind you, I think Damonk is in on it.
Ccelizic
Regular Poster

Just want to say:

Postby Dagda Mor on Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:03 am

I'm still here, still checking back from time to time. I have not lost hope!
Dagda Mor

Postby MisterIrony on Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:32 pm

There are new strips!

I just... need to draw more, then upload them.
MisterIrony
Regular Poster

Postby Rabidazell on Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:00 pm

He would update comics, but breaking into houses to shave the heads of any babies he finds inside pays better.
Rabidazell
Regular Poster

Postby Dagda Mor on Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:51 pm

Update! Oh, frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!
So, er, yeah. Nice to have some hope.
Dagda Mor

Postby MisterIrony on Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:51 pm

Yes!

Hope is there.
MisterIrony
Regular Poster

Postby Ccelizic on Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:13 pm

I could really go for a nice hot chicken sandwich with pepperjack cheese and lettuce onion and tomatoes thrown into the mix and seasoned with some pepper mayo.

It makes my mouth water just thinking about it, of course it's best with those loaves of bread with cheese baked on to it MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Ccelizic
Regular Poster

Postby Duck Feet on Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:48 pm

damn you and your cushy job, mr. tank engine :o
Duck Feet

Postby SuperJoe on Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:33 pm

Ha ha, it updated again. You guys suck.
The unSnarkable J-Walkin'!
SuperJoe
Cartoon Hero

Postby Duck Feet on Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:30 pm

saucisse
Duck Feet

Postby Aster Azul on Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:14 pm

Well, it seems like the comic has reached some sort of natural conclusion for the time being... at least it has some sort of ending.

It was a pretty good run.
Aster Azul
Regular Poster

What?!

Postby MisterIrony on Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:11 pm

Okay, fine! I'll update!

Geez.

Admittedly, the final line is remarkably appropriate.
MisterIrony
Regular Poster

Return to Sandwich World