Committee member award eligibility

Discussion of the yearly awards for best comic in various categories.

Postby Todd Michaels on Wed Jul 04, 2001 5:36 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graeme Taylor:
<B>The issue of whether or not committee members should be allowed for nomination was brought up. There were some thoughts communicated on the matter, but it didn't seem like there was a full agreement as to how to handle the issue.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think this would be a huge mistake. Volunteers, especially hard-working ones, are few and far between. I can't see excluding people from the awards simply because they want to help.<P>There was some talk of making vote tallies available to everyone. I would think this, along with at least a few people overseeing the process, would limit the appearance of impropriety.<P>------------------
Todd Michaels
<A HREF="http://boardersandsister.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Boarders and Sister</A>
<A HREF="mailto:boardersandsister@yahoo.com">boardersandsister@yahoo.com</A>
Todd Michaels
Regular Poster

Postby Graeme Taylor on Wed Jul 04, 2001 6:48 am

Well if you want my personal take on it, I think that those involved <B>shouldn't</B> be allowed to be nominated. My main reason for this is that I believe that the organizers should be neutral in the event, a balancing point.<P>But like I said before, my main goal here is to get these issues out in the open right away and get people discussing them and tossing ideas back and forth.
Graeme Taylor

Return to Cartoonists' Choice Awards