How to Play

Postby Soulripper on Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:35 pm

What, are you insane? We can't take over the Cyrezx Corp just like that. What are you thinking? Have you any idea of the force that which you wish to just take over like its nothing? Go order us some "Bruce is a stupid moron and he'll never figure out that we are sending him to find this pizza just to get rid of him while we think on this strategically" pizza. I'm quite starving, and could really go for one of those. Thnx.
I feel pretty
(you cant see it but thats whats on the chest of my picture)
Soulripper
Regular Poster

Postby Got bag? on Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:19 pm

lol alittle LOR there...

well you see we dont full out attack him, thats stupidity, what we have, is 17 years to destroy this corp. we shall attack small and silent at first. our numbers will rise and we will become more and more powerful!! soon we will have the strength to defeat the imperialistic cyrezx corp and free the world from its evil grasp!

now its your turn to guess, "REVOLUTION!!!" ;)
i am cow, hear me moo
Got bag?
Regular Poster

Postby Soulripper on Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:58 pm

Well, that could only be from one of the greatest animated movies ever created. Metropolis.

As for your plans, though it sounds nice and dandy, I'm slightly scepticle at it or anything having any affect at all. Cyrezx Corp has comunicated with the past, and there must be a reason for it. They wouldn't just blindly send messages flying through the space-time continueum. There is something more evil and sinister behind these messages from the future. They make everything way too convenient. Theres no way that things would be this easy. Plans must be made much more cautiously than you would think to be making them.
I feel pretty
(you cant see it but thats whats on the chest of my picture)
Soulripper
Regular Poster

Postby Got bag? on Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:42 pm

i see your point, we will have spys find out as much as possible on the corp. before any millitary action will be taken...

we shall see what the future brings
i am cow, hear me moo
Got bag?
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Thu May 29, 2003 12:30 pm

First, a little background info

Since the beginning we have been creating a universe that is inhabited by many distinct sides. Each side is controlled 'played' by a real live person. Ken being the Galactic Republic of Axias (10,000+ year history), Teague being the Flying Pig Empire, or Drestanautican Empire (---- year history), Hollin being the Galactic Order of Peace, and now the Galactic Legionaires (some years of history), and myself playing the Armaenian Empire (10,000 year written history) and now playing the Cyrezx Corporation, an independent corporate military faction of the Armaenian Empire operating as capitalists in a non-currency economy.

In the old days (before we started writing) (aside from Ken) all character interactions would be solved in drawing and discussion (lengthy lengthy viscous discussion)...then we moved to the forum.

During the dimensional rift period of story writing there were rules established.

***REFER TO THE THREADS "Ahh...remnants of that past long forgotten" and "The spontaneous aftermath comes to a close..." on Captain Mooki forums.***
Last edited by ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ZOMBIE USER 5138
Regular Poster

1. Each person represents a side. In last game: Ken's admirals Halleck and Radigen -republic. Hollin Salya the GL. Teague's Maximos Kiertov -the Drestenauticans. My own Johnnathan Write - the Cyrezx Corporation. Each character coming from a different part of the same universe- a different player from their own side.

2. One player, the originator of the plot. ILG: Paige created the dimensional rift, establishing the playing field and giving each of our characters reason and plot to follow as they interacted in the universe.
In this case the plot revolved around getting our characters to the dimensional rift before things exploded.

3. To accomplish actions a character must have a story. A player cannot just state, "my character does [this] ". If a player wants a character to do anything they must write a story involving the actions and character. Example: Ken wants Johnny Bluejeans to go get milk. He describes Johnny, then describes him moving about his house to find his bike helmet and money. He eventually gets to the bike, rides down the street (avoiding the dog) and gets to the store. Johnny then walks to the isle where the milk is, picks out a carton after some deliberation, and makes his way to the checkout stand. Johnny then returns home and drinks his milk. (knowing ken this story would take anywhere from 1-3+ pages). violation: say Hollin wants Salya to explode the Behilomoth. To do this Salya has to get a control card from 10 decks away and put it into the reactor about 13 decks away. So he writes "Salya gets the card and plugs it into the reactor".
Last edited by ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ZOMBIE USER 5138
Regular Poster

4. Each post helps define the other players characters' circumstances. Ken said he docked a ship on the port so when I arrived I described a ship docked on the port. I said I blew the port up, so ken and Paige had to adapt to those circumstances. Paige's said she was Katherine, a woman who John met on his way to the rift...unfortunately I did not agree with this idea and "blocked" her change to the circumstances by saying that her character was in shock and didn't know what she was talking about. Another form of blocking ideas is the use of plot devices. Hollin demonstrated this when he managed to preserve his character Salya during the explosion of the ship and the port by rolling into a invincible ball.

5. No player can control the other players' characters. Their character's actions may only effect the actions of the other characters. example: say I describe John in a cafe eating a bagel. Ken, in his post, describes Halleck entering the cafe and blasting John with a flamethrower (i like flamethrowers). This is where Ken needs to stop writing, he has had his action against my character and it is my turn to respond. But instead, ken goes on to tell how John ducks and dodges but is no match for Halleck's proficiency in burning things. John gets caught, roasts and is killed. What am I to do? My character has just been killed without my permission.
Last edited by ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZOMBIE USER 5138
Regular Poster

5b. Similarly if a player wants to write a story where their character interacts with the side of another player (say with NPCs) they must acquire permission and information from that player. While NPCs are less vital than characters they still come from a set of given circumstances that only the writer might know, the player should find out these circumstances before writing the story where their character interacts with them. example: After I destroyed Ken's ship his characters had to move to my ship. Before he could do this he had to know what my ship was like on the inside so that he could describe it in his story the same way I describe it in mine. .... Exception: When Radigen shot a Cyrezx personnel that was a 'grunt' Ken already knew that the redshirts were expendable and so was able to kill one without worrying too much about it.
violation: when Salya went insane and rampaged through Crusader Hollin portrayed Ken's NPCs and ship technology inacurately.
Last edited by ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZOMBIE USER 5138
Regular Poster

If any of you have questions, issues with tenative rules, or additional rules, please feel free to post.

[EDIT] Because of my being in the future I can no longer post anything in the past (namely right now) And so I'm attempting to alter the past in hopes Ican communicate with you guys. (who are in the past) (im in the future) (past, future) (past) (yup)
Last edited by ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZOMBIE USER 5138
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Adventures of Captain Mooki, The