*rubs bump on head, looks around groggily*

Postby CaptainMooki on Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:09 pm

*breaks into TV station and sets up a 3 month long Baywatch marathon leaving The Zenmervolt compleately vulnerable.
...and then everyone ate cookies and read "The Adventures of Captain Mooki" and were happy!
CaptainMooki
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4986 on Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:24 pm

CaptainMooki wrote:*breaks into TV station and sets up a 3 month long Baywatch marathon leaving The Zenmervolt compleately vulnerable.

Brilliant!

*breaks in to Aaron's room and steals his Betamax and the keys to the Honda*
ZOMBIE USER 4986
Regular Poster

Postby Got bag? on Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:44 pm

*seeing that ppl are breaking into other ppls houses, i quickly lock my vault. after making sure my underground bomb shelter is secure (including the candy machine that i stole from cyrezx corp), i continue playing fallout 2 so i can defeat those mutants*
i am cow, hear me moo
Got bag?
Regular Poster

Postby Republic Fleet Command on Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:38 am

With all the looting and villany going on, I guess I should probably make some sickening self righteous statement about the moral decay of our society or some rot like that...but I'm too tired. I leave you all to your own devices..except you Teague, that baywatch thing is just sick.

Oh yeah Emery, and in all the chaos, I stole my 56.9 seconds back and spent them on a meager yet delightful portion of PIE!

I like pie...
Republic Fleet Command
Regular Poster

Postby CaptainMooki on Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:25 am

But Bruce, the phone calls are coming from INSIDE THE VAULT! DUH DUH DUH!!!
...and then everyone ate cookies and read "The Adventures of Captain Mooki" and were happy!
CaptainMooki
Regular Poster

Postby The Zenmervolt on Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:27 am

Cygni wrote:
CaptainMooki wrote:*breaks into TV station and sets up a 3 month long Baywatch marathon leaving The Zenmervolt compleately vulnerable.

Brilliant!

*breaks in to Aaron's room and steals his Betamax and the keys to the Honda*

Seeing as the keys to my Honda are kept in the front pocket of my pants 100% of the time, you must have stolen the decoy keys. (You're free to come after those keys again though. Of course, Shanna would not be happy with you for trying...) And it also appears you stole the non-functional Betamax instead of the one that works.

*secures the Honda and the functioning Betamax (with tape collection) under his own watchful eye in the underground and electronically shielded parking vault, sets off EMP devices at Cyrezx and at this space, destroying every device owned by Cyrezx that uses electricity*
The Zenmervolt
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:56 pm

**Link established:::: Anouncment bot Mark I. Cyrezx Corporation: temporal status nominal.

Recieved:: 1.12B.99 Mission 9981 Report, all systems nominal: all systems nominal: all systems nominal: all systems nominal: all systems nominal: all systems nominal: all systems nominal: all systems nominal: all systems nominal: Detected::interference

Recieved:: Humans attempting assualt of unit. Low grade EMP burst concentration *sputter sputter bllbssssszzzzz*

Recieved:: 1.13C.99 Mission 9981 Report, catastrophic power failure detected. Activating distress beacon, recommend direct intervention along with retrieval of unit......

Last edited by ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZOMBIE USER 5138
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:15 pm

With the announcement bot destroyed by a primative form of EMP, the Corporation results to more direct methods...

The large transport blackend the sky as it came in for landing in the posting area. The low hum of repulsor engines fell away as the craft activated it's landing equipment and gently floated to the ground. *Cshhhh* A large door on the end of the craft slid open, and a ramp emerged from within. Two men, dressed in the unmistakable tan uniforms worn by Cyrezx Cadets traveresed the ramp. One of the men had on black sunglasses and carried a wooden sign. The other man walked next to him, a hammer in one hand and a paint container in the other.

"Who knew ancient humans could cause so much trouble?", the man with the hammer said, "Destroying a perfectly useful announcement bot isn't that easy of a task."
The other man turned to him. "You need to get better versed in your ancient history. How do you think they managed to destroy earth all those years ago?" He took a step off of the ramp and onto the grassy field. The wind picked up alittle and gave a slight chill against the two men.

"Yeah, but that was at least three hundred years from now, wasn't it? I mean the incident with the Union involved much more advanced technology, didn't it?" The man with the sign was walking quickly now, toward the damaged announcement bot. "I didn't think humans of this era posessed technology as advanced as concentrated EMP busts."

"Is that why you told them not to send a mark II announcement bot?" The man with the sign asked.

"Well, no, I just thought that an auto-track laser defense system wouldn't be necessary. I didn't want to cause another temporal incident."

"Figures." The man with the sign replied. He was holding it up next to the downed announcement bot, he motioned to the man with the hammer. "Hit it a few times and let's get out of here...I don't like the temperature." He walked toward the announcement bot and picked it up.

The man set his container down in front of the sign, and hit began striking the top of the sign with the hammer. A few blows set the sign firmly in the grassy field. He then knelt down in front of it and reached into his coat pocket. The man that was holding the damaged bot became uneasy and looked about. "Hurry up." He said.

The man opened the paint container and began to write on the sign, "Almost done." He replied.

"I don't like it here, it's too peaceful." The man holding the damaged bot shifted nervously.

"You just don't like not being in space, that's all." He scrawled another line on the sign.

"If I knew this position had so much to do with earth I wouldn't have applied for transfer. I thought it would be more like Project Timechild. Are you done yet?"

"These things take time." He chuckled, painting more lines on the sign. "Finished, we can go now." He closed the paintcan and put the brush back into his pocket. The man who holding the announcement bot started back towards the craft. "Finally, this place gives me the creeps...there's just something not right about the way earth is still alive in this time period."

"Let's go." The two men walked across the field to the craft, the ramp retracted. *Cshhh* The door closed and a blue glow filled the area as the repulsor engines came online. The craft tilted and rose into the air before going out of sight into the sky. The wind picked up, blowing leaves past the sign, and drying the paint.

*Mission Report: 1.297.8Hb Cyrezx Cadet Jensen. The mission was completely successful. There were no problems with entry, nor were there any with departure. Cadet Waters however became uneasy with every second of our mission. I think there is more to these ancient humans than we give them credit. I look forward for furthur instructions, and though the monitor shows no direct impact, I am confident the sign will fulfill its role perfectly. We were able to retrive the announcement bot intact, analysis indicates that it was indeed deactivated by an EMP burst, the origins of which are yet unknown...*

In a lonely posting area, upon a grassy field lies a wooden sign. It reads "One day remaining."
ZOMBIE USER 5138
Regular Poster

Postby Republic Fleet Command on Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:28 pm

[Planet Earth, on the rim of the Axian galaxy - The present]

Authen Halleck unfolded his beach chair, planted his umbrella like a flag and listened for the sound of the palm trees swaying in the distance. The white furry creature dawned a pair of sunglasses, adjusted his hawaiian cut shirt of loud reds and oranges and then dropped into the chair with a book in had.
"Finally" Halleck sighed.
A single shining star prisided over a cystal blue vista as far as the eye could see to the horizon.
'Radigen has outdone himself this time.' Halleck mused, taking it all in. Excerising his usual knack for the over the top, Brash Radigen the private citizen of the Axian Republic was the proud new owner of one planet Earth. Where Radigen had gotten that much money or gotten past all the obvious cultural and politcal difficulties withh such a purchase, Halleck would never ask, but he couldn't deny the obvious benefits.
A warm tropical breaze brought delightful aromas to his nose. Not a sound was to be heard except for the gentle swaying of palm trees at the islands edge and lapping of water on the beach.
It was perfect, the entire planet to themselves, they'd put in thier leaves and dissapeared before Navy HQ could say anything.
"Bloody Hell" A human cried in the distance.
Halleck lifted his shades and glanced at the silver and blue Navy StarFighter that rested on air a few feet above the sand at the far end of his island.
A slender human in shorts and a blue polo shirt fought the strap on a duffle bag that was wedged in the fighters small cargo compartment.
Halleck chuckled, "You need some help Brash?" He called out to his some-times mortal enemy and friend.
"No, no you bloody snot," Radigen cursed as he applied pressure to the bad from a different angle, "Just sit on your fuzzy arse whilst I kill myself, I wouldn't want to disturb your bloody tranquility, certainly wouldn't want to bloody well do bloody that, I mean..."
The bag came free suddenly and Radigen went flying into the sand, the bag landing deftly on top of him
"Bloody Hell!!!!" He screamed, knocked the bad some distance away.
Halleck fell out of his chair and nearly choked on sand laughing.
Radigen sat upright very tersly, swiped the bag off the sand and marched toward Halleck with military resolve.
Halleck quickly righted himself, brushed sand off his book and acted as though nothing had happened in the first place.
After a moment, Radigen arrived and tossed down a chair and a small cooler. In silence, he openned the cooler, grabbed two bottles of Central's famous soda drink, imported of course, and handed one to Halleck before consenting to sit.
Radigen fumed for a few moments while he brushed sand out of his hair, finally satisfied, he fixed his shirts collar and reached for the infamous bag.
Halleck took a sip of the dark liquid, 'Wow, this stuff has bite...and it doesn't go through fermentation?"
"Nope," Radigen began to rummage in the bag, "It's just carbonation with flavoring."
Halleck nodded and took a bigger swig, "I like it." He said and placed the bottle upright in the sand, "So, what's in the bag?"
Radigen withdrew a single flat and silver remote control with the CyrezxCorp logo on it and appraised it with a critical eye.
Halleck looked puzzled, "What's that?"
Radigen smiled, "You do of course know this planet's history, don't you?"
Halleck gave Radigen a dull look, "Something about nuclear war, origin of the Armeanians, not very interesting."
"Yes, well, anyways," Radigen looked around, "After I bought the rock, I contracted to the CyrezxCorp to fix the planet and restore it to the way it was."
Halleck took his drink from his lips, lifted his shades, and stared at Radigen.
"Fix the planet?"
"Yes, fix the planet. It cost a pretty penny, and used up a favor or two, but they've restored it to the way it was before the disaster 7 millenia ago." Radigen said with a smart little grin.
Halleck looked at the remote with new found anxiety, "So where does that come in?" He ask tentatively.
"Awe yes, this," Radigen started, he pointed it at the sky and pressed a button.
Clouds formed and warm tropical rain immediatly began to fall.
Halleck continued staring at Radigen and Radigen couldn't help but let out an arragont little chuckle as he returned his shocked friends stare.
"No...Way" Halleck managed after a moment.
Radigen again pointed the remote at the sky and the rain stopped quite suddenly, clouds broke up, and the tropical setting again returned to it's former nature.
Radigen smuggly waited for Halleck's reaction.
Halleck took the remote and looked at it like a child.
"It would take a huge command and control center to coordinate all these systems," He began theorizing excitedly, " All those complexes climates, how did you..?"
Radigen smiled, "The remote 'dumbs down' the functions of the central command center. I don't have the same level of control, but I do have access to most of functions."
He took it back from Halleck, pressed a few buttons, and then pointed it to the west.
The breeze that had been coming from the east, suddenly turned tail and began blowing in the other direction with just enough force to dry the two and thier belongings from the unsightly rain storm. After a moment, and a flick of the remote, the breeze returned to normal.
"Radigen...."
"Yes Halleck?"
"That is the coolest thing I've ever seen" Halleck said in awe.
"I know Halleck, I know."
"So, can you make the waves bigger? I'd love to go surfing."
Radigen smiled a great big smile, and Halleck nearly exploded with excitement. He jumped up out of his chair, "I'll go grab my board, hold on!"
The sky flashed completely black and the sand turned to solid rock, the water dissapeared and a great and endless waste appeared where an ocean had been a moment befoe. Lightning crashed across an empty sky, and the earth trembled. Halleck lost his footing and fell, only to have that momentary image of a ruined world vanish as quickly as it had come and beach sand caught him in his fall.
He swung around to face Radigen, but Radigen looked just as shocked as he did.
"What did you..."
They were both silent as the sounds of the ordinary beach played on with frighting consistency.
The water lapped, and the breeze stirred the palms in an eeire cycle that both Admiral's realized they'd been listening to with nervous anxiety for a few moments.
"For the love of Mike, what was that?" Halleck asked in a shaky voice.
Before Radigen could answer, or even stand up, the sand and the sky vanished again into a terrifying void of rock and lightning. The image lasted a breath longer than it had before, long enough for each Admiral to fill thier lungs with rancid dry air that tasted of something horrifying. Thier bodies rejected it and sent them both coughing as the facade of a blue world returned.
Radigen bolted upright, as Halleck rolled up into a crouch, one thought screaming in both thier minds
Whatever that was...they couldn't breath the air.
Radgien gripped the remote with furry as he and his counterpart raced across the beach to the security of the thier starfighter.
All around them, the land and the sky changed again and again, filling thier eyes and minds with visions of two worlds layed over top one another.
The changing ground was treachous and unstabble, one moment they ran across open sand, the next, they jumped from rock to rock.
The earth shook with might and suddenly the rock beneath them collapsed. Halleck dived over an open field of sand and grabbed the edge of the fighter just as a chasm of fire and smoke appeared beneath him.
Radigen lost his footing on the sand,"Bloody..."
The chasm appeared on cue as thought waiting for him.
"Radigen!" Halleck screamed.
He caught the humans outstreched hand and held on as tight as he could.
"Pull yourself up." Halleck yelled, wincing at his strain. Radigen rithed wildly, feet kicking in the hot open air. He suddenly stared down into the firey gorge that awaited him, and his eyes grew wide.
With determination, he set his jaw and grabbed the fighter's solid edge.
With grunts and curses, the human was pulled up onto the smooth surface of the round fighters top half.
Without a moments pause, Halleck dived into the pilots seat and Radigen crawled, coughing, into the passenger seat behind his furry counterpart.
The cockpit hissed closed, and her duel gravity spheres burned bright blue as gravity contorted around the fighter and it shot up into the burning skies like a bullet. In only a few scant moments, the small fighter achieved orbit over the dark world, and only then did Halleck and Radigen look back.
Red viens of open magma could be seen from space, and lightning storms raged across the broken ionosphere. What had been a blue and white jewel as they had arrived that morning was now a ruin.
"Bloody hell..." Radigen said rather flatly as he looked from his ruined rock to the remote and back again.
Only then did Halleck gaze down at the holo-real text the fighter seemed so persistent on telling it's pilot.

[WARNING: Temporal Error Detected, Exercise Caution]

"Oh for the love of mike!!"
Republic Fleet Command
Regular Poster

Postby The Zenmervolt on Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:49 pm

*tells Bun-Bun that the reason his Baywatch marathon was interrupted was because the Cyrezx Corporation's transport landed on the transmission tower, Bun-Bun has now sworn revenge on Cyrezx*
The Zenmervolt
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:49 pm

The feild was silent as bun bun hopped about. The wind was blowing a cool summer breeze and the sun was just setting. Leaves rustled in the trees and the bushes which were hiding other furry creatures swayed gently in the wind. Bun bun was reaching the sign now. Distain filled his gaze as he read the ominous writing "One day left"...He contemplated the meaning.

Suddenly a peircing screech broke the silence. Bun bun looked around, but there was nothing short of the animals in the field. Then he realized, it was comming from above. Reluctently, almost like he was forced, he looked up. A look of terror and humiliation washed across his face as he realized his doom. The other animals watched as bun bun tried franticly to hop away, but he was too slow. The spherical silver object fell from the sky and crashed into the sign. What followed was a burst of sound like thunder, and a firey ring engulfed the feild within a blink of an eye. Centered at bun bun's roasted corpse, the ring made its way outward leaving only charred remains of grass and debris. The very ground was scorched black. The animals hadn't any time to go for cover before more objects fell. This time all around them, it seemed like the sky was raining fire. The rings destroyed all grass and left only blacked soot in thier paths, the surrounding forest was ablaze with fire as a low humming could be heard.

A transport, following the last of objects emerged from a cloud of smoke nearby. It's engines giving off a low hum amist the chaos of the burning forest. It travelled like an enormous insect to where the sign used to be, the Cyrezx logo on the side glistening in the firelight. Bun bun's remains were crushed as the massive craft activated it's landing equipment and set down in the center of the field. *Gzzzsshhh* The massive rear door of the troop transport opened and a six hundred men rushed out onto the still warm dirt, thier silver armor reflecting the flickering destruction around them. They were carrying all sorts of hellish weaponry, from hulking machineguns to sleak almost graceful GR12 assault rifles. They stood waiting for orders.

A man clad in a dark brown uniform, that of a Cyrezx Instigator, emerged behind the host of red armor. He carried a weapon twice the size of his torso. His dark blue cape blew in the fire hot wind of the burning forest. He raised his voice, a deep, loud voice, and called to the army, "Fire at will, leave nothing standing!" A chacopheny of noise ensued. Bullets tore down the burning trees, sending ash and sparkes into the air. The beautiful lances of light emmitted by the GR12s danced across the black field, obliterating furry creatures in a display of barbaric yet awesome destruction. The Instigator raised his weapon, sighted, and pulled the trigger. A high pitched screach came from the power chamber as half the weapon turned bright white, it emmitted a whisp like beam of energy, only lasting for a second. The air crackeled and erupted in a great noise, settleing into the void created by the beam in its wake. The Instigator continued shooting into the distance, each shot ending in far off tremendous explosions. The fire spread quickly as all the trees for three miles all around the craft were obliterated. The army was running out of ammunition but nobody gave heed. Projectiles tore down what was left of the forest and the last of the animals were desintigrated. The Instigator let loose one last volley from the mighty GR93 particle gun and called to his men. The army stopped firing and lowered thier weapons. They were standing in a circle of blazing destruction, thier armor annointed with the flicker of firelight, a serene glint of beauty in the midst of smoking chaos.
ZOMBIE USER 5138
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:03 pm

The men stood around the transport as lights shined down on them from the night sky. Another transport landed next to the first, it's slew of soldiers rushing onto the now barren feild. They carried with them chairs and crates, setting them into areas where the men were. The soldiers restocked thier ammunition supply as a man dressed in a black Cyrezx Director suit with black tie and briefcase in hand emerged from the craft. He walked across the field, flinching as every step he took covered his black shoes with more and more soot. The Director approached the Instigator, who was now conversing with someone on a veiw screen. The sound was set to 'personal' so the Director could not hear the other man speaking.

"No, no sir. The operation has been completely sucessful, no sir, there has not been any resistance. Yes sir, I have taken care of it, I ...no sir, yes I, yes sir..." The Instigator became agitaged and did not see the approaching Director. "Yes sir, the troops are all fed and ready for the next operation I...gra!!" His conversation was cut short by a hand on his shoulder. The Instigator looked back and attachted to the hand was a smiling face in a black suit, the Cyrezx Dirctor. "I have to go sir, the Director is hear...yes sir, I will update you as necessary...Aturett out." He turned around and shook the Director's hand. "Mr. Director sir, pleasure to meet you! David Aturett, Cyrezx Instigator at your service."
"I know who you are, Instigator Aturett." The director replied in a low but casual voice. His speech seemed to carry authority and power in it. "My name is Johnnathan Wright. I see you've already recognised my rank." Director Wright took off his sunglasses and put them in his pocket. "You've done good work today."
"Thank you sir!" Instigator Aturett responded. A soldier in silver armor came running up to the Instigator.
"Sir, the peremiter is established, we have a two and a half mile radius around camp and the gear is fully stocked. The lights are almost complete"...as he was speaking the light towers flickered on, iluminating the camp around the transport. In the distace gun turrets could be seen, thier red search beams peircing the darkness. Troops marched about in a patrol line, making sure nothing would get in.
"Excellent work Instigator." Director Wright smiled. "I'll contact the Project Master at once and let him know that everything is ready to begin construction. The Corp will be pleased. Goodbye Instigator." He picked up his briefcase and started back towards the transport.
ZOMBIE USER 5138
Regular Poster

Postby Republic Fleet Command on Sat Nov 30, 2002 5:46 pm

{OOC} *Dryly* I applaud your successful use of blitzkrieg against woodland creatures and shudder at your might and supremacy in Guys-with-super-guns vs. unarmed-stupid-bunnies combat. May this be a lesson to us all, and now I have to go heave up my pie.

Oh yeah, and uh...really cool story thing praise praise praise
Republic Fleet Command
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4986 on Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:23 pm

"Derek, they're coming!"
She scampered back from the doorway where she had been watching, panicked. "Finish finish finish! They're gonna be here in a minute, and if you're not done..."

"Hush woman! I know!" She spun around and dashed through the curtain in the doorway that seperated the front room from the rest of the one-story house.

He was alone in the room, working feverishly, and ignoring her disappearance. Sweat broke out on his brow, his hands scrambling madly for the crumpled pieces, groping for the screwdriver he'd placed next to himself just a moment ago. He could hear them coming now. "Come on baby, wake up now. Living yet? Sweetheart, what's wrong with you?" he crooned to the metal, half grinning at it despite the pressure. His hands slipped around it familiarly. It should have been a computer, that's what he enjoyed building, but one did what one was ordered, and this was a strange order.

"There, finished!" One last detail. He grabbed the flamethrower and torched the result of all his hard work. "Ta-da! To order. Add one Dell box..." He rummaged around until he found the cardboard relic and tossed it inside. They were outside, he could hear.

"One charred tinfoil hat, as promised!" he called out jovially to his clients. "Plus Dell box." He shoved it through the door, not bothering to go out to greet the Cyrezx delivery boys who were picking up the order. He wondered if he'd ever see the person the tinfoil hat was destined for. It was rumored that, on the right people, those things could have some strange effects.
ZOMBIE USER 4986
Regular Poster

Postby Republic Fleet Command on Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:47 pm

{OOC} *Angst 'n stuffing* Fine! I'll freakin' bite and ask:

Who's the tinfoil hat for Paige?! Huh?! Who's it for!? I really, really, really, kinda, sorta want to know and I've been losing sleep and brain cells and more importantly time thinking about WHO GETS THAT TINFOIL HAT!!!

Okay, I'll step off my thanksgivin'-sucks-mad-apple-pie angst thing now.

And uh, I guess I'll stop 'judging-other-people's-works-of-fabulous-talent' and um...post something...

...maybe.
Republic Fleet Command
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:25 pm

ok, with the feild clear and the perimeter established, construction of the Suplex Multi Storehouse has begun!
ZOMBIE USER 5138
Regular Poster

Postby The Zenmervolt on Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:52 am

Jason Clarke crept slowly in the darkness at the perimeter of the Cyrezx site, calmly and imperceptibly assessing the defenses that Cyrezx had implemented. Clarke's trained senses missed nothing as he carefully noted the number of guards, their positions, and the time between patrols. "I haven't seen this much security in a long time," Clarke thought to himself, "there must be something very important going on here."

Having gotten the information he needed, Clarke crept off again. This had been his last reconnaissance mission, he would return to the Cyrezx site only once more. "I'm sure that Cyrezx won't appreciate my next visit though." Clarke chuckled to himself.

"Enough musing about the future, Jason old boy," a familiar voice interrupted Clarke's thoughts.

"You're right Rae. Tonight is for planning."

With that, Clarke took one last look around his secluded compound in the rapidly waning light and sighed. He turned and entered the building behind Rae, his tall and slender silhouette a contrast to her petite form.

The door closed behind the two with a sharp metalic click, followed by the brief hum of electric motors and a slight hiss as the building sealed itself once again. The surrounding night was once more silent.
The Zenmervolt
Regular Poster

Postby Private Odo_Etahn on Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:40 pm

Odo_Etahn: *stares at the holo monitor* Hmmm Interesting stats... "Does anyone know if any of the changes have affected any of our temporal objects?" he called into the monitor.--no response

After a while a small man came running into the room with a data pad and two pieces of paper... "Can you sign for this?" the small man asked... Odo took the pad and tentatively looked it over. Signed it and handed the pad off...
"I want a full report and a copy of that document."

"yes, sir.." the small man responded... and briskly left the room

Odo was once again left to his thoughts... *crackle* *crackle* Odo turned around only to realize he left the display up.. Quiety crusing to himself he hit the comm button resetting all comm frequencies... *Sir? you there? Commander Etahn? Aw hell what the hell happened to the display?*

*I'm still here KOH just calm down and do a scan; if necessary get onto Chrion 13 and do a full temporal and spectral scan..* Odo sat back and awaited the response..

Another small string of cursing filled the comm.. *Sir you know I HATE that place with a passion! It has all of those wierd guys on it!*

Odo sighed *Look I know you don't like it but that will be the best place.. and it is the closest Anamolie Class ship in this sector.. Beside that those "Wierd Guys" as you so lovingly put it are called SCIENTISTS! Give them credit.. they managed to save your ship SEVERAL times!"

KOH let out an audible sigh.. and closed the comm-link.. He sat at his station for another few minutes before bothering to send a comm to Chrion 13 asking them to dock and pick up KOH for a few scans...
---

Once he was aboard the ship he went to the Astral projection room and ran all the appropriate scans and found nothing different.. KOH hated it when nothing useful came to him.. He downloaded all the data and left making sure to ignore anyone talking to him unless it was completely necessary. Once he got off the ship he went to Odo's office... Odo took the information and looked it over... "Hmmm... we should study this.. go and get "The crew" and have them meet on my ship... be prepared to leave within the hour.. and have the tech teams run a check on the temporal drives... they haven't been used in years... I'll see you there!" Odo handed the pad back to KOH and left... KOH was right on his heels heading for the main deck to send the orders from there hoping it'd reach them faster. Then he took off for his own stuff.. not that he needed much recent;y he'd been staying on Odo's ship due to the number of new recruits entering the platform.. KOH didn't particularly care for new people.. though he neved did in the first place..
Private Odo_Etahn

Postby Private Odo_Etahn on Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:43 pm

Odo_Etahn: *stares at the holo monitor* Hmmm Interesting stats... "Does anyone know if any of the changes have affected any of our temporal objects?" he called into the monitor.--no response

After a while a small man came running into the room with a data pad and two pieces of paper... "Can you sign for this?" the small man asked... Odo took the pad and tentatively looked it over. Signed it and handed the pad off...
"I want a full report and a copy of that document."

"yes, sir.." the small man responded... and briskly left the room

Odo was once again left to his thoughts... *crackle* *crackle* Odo turned around only to realize he left the display up.. Quiety crusing to himself he hit the comm button resetting all comm frequencies... *Sir? you there? Commander Etahn? Aw hell what the hell happened to the display?*

*I'm still here KOH just calm down and do a scan; if necessary get onto Chrion 13 and do a full temporal and spectral scan..* Odo sat back and awaited the response..

Another small string of cursing filled the comm.. *Sir you know I HATE that place with a passion! It has all of those wierd guys on it!*

Odo sighed *Look I know you don't like it but that will be the best place.. and it is the closest Anamolie Class ship in this sector.. Beside that those "Wierd Guys" as you so lovingly put it are called SCIENTISTS! Give them credit.. they managed to save your ship SEVERAL times!"

KOH let out an audible sigh.. and closed the comm-link.. He sat at his station for another few minutes before bothering to send a comm to Chrion 13 asking them to dock and pick up KOH for a few scans...
---

Once he was aboard the ship he went to the Astral projection room and ran all the appropriate scans and found nothing different.. KOH hated it when nothing useful came to him.. He downloaded all the data and left making sure to ignore anyone talking to him unless it was completely necessary. Once he got off the ship he went to Odo's office... Odo took the information and looked it over... "Hmmm... we should study this.. go and get "The crew" and have them meet on my ship... be prepared to leave within the hour.. and have the tech teams run a check on the temporal drives... they haven't been used in years... I'll see you there!" Odo handed the pad back to KOH and left... KOH was right on his heels heading for the main deck to send the orders from there hoping it'd reach them faster. Then he took off for his own stuff.. not that he needed much recent;y he'd been staying on Odo's ship due to the number of new recruits entering the platform.. KOH didn't particularly care for new people.. though he neved did in the first place..
Private Odo_Etahn

Postby The Zenmervolt on Tue Dec 03, 2002 6:53 pm

[OOC: It's been a long time since I've written Jason so I'm still kind of exploring to see where he goes and what he does. Wish I had half the talent of some of you here though. Yes, I know this is incredibly long.]

The desert night was silent as the light from a waxing crescent moon made the outlines of the giant cacti just barely visible to most human eyes. Those with very good eyes would have distinguished a shape moving about the grounds aimlessly, but it would have taken the compound's infa-red cameras to resolve the shape as human.

Meanwhile, deep within the compound's underground city Rae was tossing and turning in her bed. She knew that something was troubling Jason but she couldn't get him to tell her just what was going on. "He can be so closed off sometimes," she thought to herself, "I wish he could just tell me what's going on." Rae put on an old sweatsuit and walked towards Jason's room, hoping that she could get him to open up a bit. The imposing sterility of the compound's corridors made Rae feel even smaller than her five feet and 95 pounds.

Knocking on Jason's door yielded no reply, and Rae turned to head back to her room when a sudden impulse told her to try the doorknob. The door wasn't locked. "Something's not right," she said whispered to herself, "Jason always keeps this locked." It was not like Jason to forget something like that, and Rae feared the worst. Small though she was, Rae had never lacked for courage; she opened the door and stepped boldly into the room...

It was deserted.

And a mess.

The bed was slept in, and the chair by the computer was on its side. Jason's normally orderly stack of optical discs was decimated, the shining discs were strewn over the desk. In the middle of the chaos sat Jason's computer. The small black laptop was Jason's own design, though the chassis was that of an ordinary ThinkPad the internals were one-of-a-kind. If anyone outside of Jason knew how powerful it was, it would have topped the list of most powerful computers in the universe quite easily, though Jason had been hearing unverifiable rumours of an Illinois-born engineer who had built something faster still. As it was, not even Rae knew Jason's laptop was anything special. The computer alone seemed unaffected by the chaos on the desk around it. A black plastic island of calm amid a sparkling sea of optical disks.

Something about the computer caught Rae's eye, there was a small rectangle blinking in one corner. She knew what it meant but she had to be sure, Rae clicked the small rectangle and the message she had feared came onto the screen: PERIMETER BREACHED!

Rae ran to the compound's control room, the nerve center of the tiny city where she could at least find out what was going on. "Why didn't Jason come to warn me?" she wondered. Rae couldn't fathom what could have been so urgent that Jason didn't have the time to warn her, despite his closed off nature she knew that he could not let anything happen to her. On some level she knew that he could not voluntarily leave her un-defended; she knew that he loved her even if he did not yet know it himself. "Someone must have gotten inside and gotten to Jason," thought Rae, "that's the only explanation." But even that theory didn't quite make sense. If someone had indeed snuck into the compound's buildings, then the main alarms would have been set off, yet they were silent. The building itself had not been breached.

Reaching the control room, Rae quickly scanned the monitors. THERE! The #13 infa-red monitor was picking up a distinctly human form. But it wasn't lurking, this was someone pacing, walking fully upright and obviously not working to conceal himself. Maybe the sensors had simply picked up some unfortunate and harmless soul whose transportation had broken down. She switched the monitors to night vision to make out more detail. That walk, now that the shape was better defined Rae could recognize the walk. There was only one person who walked like that.

Jason spun around with a start and crouched down, drawing his weapon as he dropped. The hiss of preceeding the opening of the compound's door had alerted him that he would soon be no longer alone in the cool desert night. The door opened and Rae's small form was silhouetted in the light from the building. Jason stood up again, slowly.

"Rae?"

"What's wrong Jason? This isn't like you at all."

"I know Rae, I know." Jason sighed heavily and put his weapon away, "It's just that this is big, very big. And I'm not at all sure how to deal with things."

"Come back inside and get some sleep Jason. We'll discuss it in the morning, when you're more rested."

"I'd really prefer not to drag you into all of this Rae, I mean, it's just that..."

"In the morning, Jason, in the morning."

Rae lead Jason back inside the building for the second time that night. The door clicked and hummed and hissed behind them once again, leaving the desert silent. This time Rae did not leave Jason's side. She gathered her blankets and went to sleep on the small couch in Jason's room, "At least this way I can be sure that I'll know if he does get up again." she said softley to herself as she fell asleep.

Jason lay in bed staring up at the featureless ceiling, reflecting on the fact that it certainly left something to be desired when compared to the mahogany panneling on the ceiling in his home. Jason laughed quietly to himself, "Well, you didn't build the compound to be a bloody bed and breakfast, now did you?" he asked himself. The compound was many things, but it was decidedly not aesthetically pleasing. It was functional though, anything Jason needed, be it information or material, he could get it or fabricate it here. Not only that, but the compound could accomodate his whole team and their research better than his home.

Jason still wasn't able to sleep, never mind the fact that he hadn't had more than an hour of sleep in the past three days since returning to the compound from the Cyrezx site. He cursed himself for being so distracted as to let Rae discover him, and then promptly congratulated himself for delaying her discovery for two whole days. "That girl has always got me figured out," he grumbled to himself, "she's always one bloody step ahead of me when it comes to what I'm feeling." Jason shrugged, thinking just how much easier things would be for him if he could just stop worrying about Rae. A person in his line of work didn't need someone about whom he worried.

Thinking that he would sneak by Rae, Jason got out of bed and headed towards the door only to find something that made him laugh softly. Rae had moved the couch on which she slept in front of his door. The only way for him to leave would awaken her. With the hint of a smile still on his face, Jason knelt down and patted Rae's hand, "You always were a smart one." Rae sighed gently in her sleep and Jason was sure that he felt her small had squeeze his own.

With a deep intake of breath, Jason stood up again and walked over to his computer desk to begin re-organizing the collection of optical discs he had left in disarray when he had gone up to the ground level to pace and think. The drive door clicked lightly as Jason put one of the discs into the computer, and a dossier appeared on the screen.

CYREZX CORPORATION: Date of establishment unknown. Founder unknown, believed to use the alias "Regis". Cyrezx has been involved in several altercations, including one instance in which the corporation vaporized several dozen orphans which an enemy was using as human shields. Cyrezx has developed a reputation for being able to obtain any device a person might desire and the company appears to have no hard and fast alliances, striving simply for maximum profit. Cyrezx is brutal in its methods of property acquisition; having no qualms about clear-cutting forested areas and burning small woodland creatures alive. Cyrezx also appears to be engaged in a longstanding feud with something called, alternately, "G.O.P.E." or the "G.L.". Though the exact nature of this second entity is not fully known, the signs point to it's being some sort of fringe or rebel group acting in intense secrecy. Cyrezx was among those who sent representatives to the dimensional rift.

There was the connection Jason had been looking for. He had to find out what Cyrezx knew about the Rift and those who had crossed it. He had been in seclusion when the speaker for the Rift had first made contact, but rumours get to everyone and Jason could not remember being so intrigued.

Rae stirred in her sleep, mumbled something that Jason couldn't understand, and then stretched. She was waking up.

Jason hurridly closed down the program he had been running and ejected the disc, shoving it back into the pile before Rae awoke fully and could see what he'd been doing. Jason wished he could trust Rae fully, but something in his nature prevented him from placing much trust in a woman. Only Jason himself knew why he was that way, but every now and again when he was asleep Rae would hear him mumble something that sounded like "redheadtriedtostealhondakeysforpaige", though Rae wasn't quite sure what a "honda" was. She suspected it was a name he had given to one of his interplanitary ships as she could think of nothing else Jason had that would have keys to steal.
Last edited by The Zenmervolt on Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Zenmervolt
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures of Captain Mooki, The