Ahh...remnants of that past long forgotten

Postby Supreme Comm. L. Sencore on Thu Sep 20, 2001 10:51 am

[OOC] (out of character) I hope you enjoy this. Its whay Salya is doing on the trip the the meeting.<P>Stepping into the small room off her quarters Salya pressed a button on the wall. The lights dimmed in the room as she walked towards the center. Stopping in the exact middle of the floor, she hefted the staff that she carried with her and gave it a few practice swings to get used to the way it moved. Then she twirled it up and stopped it above her head.
Supreme Comm. L. Sencore
Regular Poster

Postby Republic Fleet Command on Thu Sep 20, 2001 11:15 am

Centered above the expansive bridge's primary command dais, the holo-real tactical display of surrounding local space finally changed significantly after countless hours of dormancy.
The Crusader's tactical officer turned toward Admiral Brash Radigen, "Admiral, massive space-time displacement detected sir, the rift momentarily modulated suffiencly to allow 4 sphereical masses to pass into our plain of existence, and then returned to a passive state."
Admiral Radigen breathed a great sigh, one of both relieved anxiety, but also one of dreaded anticipation.
"Thank you Commander. Navigation, please factor the presence of new arrivals into your mean distance equations and maintain the fleet's position 2.5 Galactic leagues *Some 1000 light years* from both the rift and the new arrivals." Radigen turned toward the fleet command nexus.
"Fleet Comm, direct all fleet commanders to reduce thier individual groups' reactor kio-dine revolutions and gravity drive engine emmissions to compensate for the presence of the new arrivals. I don't want to chance us distruping the rift or any subsequent arrivals by altering space/time too much for them to interface with our plane of existence."
Radigen stood from his seat on the command dais and moved next to his tall and bulky metallic executive officer at the dais' edge, over looking the rest of the tense, yet busy bridge.
"Any make on those objects Maix?"
"Crusader is identifying them as consentrated pure matter Admiral, with no definitive space/time signiture or special properties of any kind. She seems to feel they might most likely be woven into whatever habitats are required for the envoys."
Radigen locked eyes with the holo-real image of the perfect shinging spheres,"So they have to produce raw matter in our plain of existence BEFORE they can generate it's final space/time resonance.....maybe they arn't as superior as they would like us to think they are." Radigen smirked.
"A possibilty Admiral, but highly doubtful."
Radigen's stare remained fixed on the images of the 4 silver spheres.
"Don't remind me."
"Admiral, one more interesting fact the Crusader has decerned: These objects have not been fully intergrated into our plain of existence, they are missing intrical components of a complete base frequency."
Maix interfaced with the ship for another moment and then continued, "Crusader has been able to determine that thier space/time cohesion is being maintained through an immense power transmission from beyond the rift."
Radigen nodded,"They did say they would be able to 'unmake' ther physical ports should the need arise. Grab the frayed string, give a good tug, and the whole thing disolves."
"A most undesirable prospect Admiral."
"Again, don't remind me."
Republic Fleet Command
Regular Poster

Postby Adm. B. Radigen on Thu Sep 20, 2001 11:47 am

"Galactic Legionnaire vessel, this is Crusader Fleet Command. You have entered a Naval enforced 2500 Galactic League *100,000,000 Light-year* No-Fly-Zone. Subsequently, all trans-galactic markers and acceleration cooridors in this region have been closed.
Repeat, ALL trans-galactic markers and acceleration cooridors in this region have been closed.
You are ordered to return to your port of origin, repeat, return to your port of origin, immedialty.
G.L. vessel, this is a naval directive....you are ordered to comply....
....G.L. vessel......ahh!
Admiral, sir, I give up, I've been on them since they left Paladrial, and they haven't so much as flinched off thier course by light year or even slowed down."
"Keep on them Lt., I'll contact Headquarters and see what's going on. Knowing the G.O.P.E. these are probably thier emissaries and they told everyone they were coming EXCEPT us, never mind I'm the ranking military commander on the scene, AND we're charged with handling diplomatic security during this meeting. All I need is some pushy, inexperienced G.o.p.e.ian telling me how to do my job, or trying to do my job for me!"<P>
Adm. B. Radigen

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5138 on Fri Sep 21, 2001 12:54 am

- The city. Bustling haven of business, people, and freedom
ZOMBIE USER 5138
Regular Poster

Postby Republic Fleet Command on Fri Sep 21, 2001 2:55 am

(Awesome Story Hollin! Glad you came up with Psydranium, we
Republic Fleet Command
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4986 on Fri Sep 21, 2001 8:20 am

Cygni heard their words with resolve to the change of plans it forced on her. She was indifferent. Whether she met with these creatures civilization by civilization or all at the same time the outcome would balance out to be the same. She didn't find it necessary to physically move to manipulate the radio signals that she sent to their ship.
"Come. What representatives you choose to send will be well met with all respect and safety. Designate which exit from your craft you wish to utilize and you will be provided with access to the ports. Life of your style can be supported here with breathable air. What temperature do your beings find most desirable? All provisions shall be taken to your comfort at your request. Your willing cooperation up to this point has been highly appreciated.
Cygni, Speaker for the dimensional rift."
Finished with that message she composed a second, designed to reach the two major civilizations that were apparently still blind to her presence.
"Civilizations of this dimension, the dimensional rift wishes to meet with your representatives. Confirmation of your reception of this message is requested. No weapons will be tolerated on the physical ports designed to recieve your emmessaries. It is to your greatest interests that you respond favorably.
Cygni, Speaker for the dimensional rift."
Satisfied, she waited. The veiled threat at the end of her second message should prod any reluctant civilization to send messengers. If this dimension was to be confirmed for their purposes it was essential that they meet with its primary rulers. Such acquaintence should begin soon, if her first message had been recieved.
ZOMBIE USER 4986
Regular Poster

Postby Supreme Comm. L. Sencore on Fri Sep 21, 2001 8:49 am

Staring out at the spear shaped object floating in the cold harsh wasteland of space, Salya pondered what sort of being resided in that metallic shell.
Supreme Comm. L. Sencore
Regular Poster

Postby Supreme Comm. L. Sencore on Sat Sep 22, 2001 6:56 am

Walking down the cool metal hall Salya studied the being standing silhouetted by the opening. She was wearing a simple blue sheath that waived ever so slightly in the light breeze created by the warm air flowing from the airlock. Upon reaching the end of the hall, the procession of envoys stopped and waited for some sign of what to do. They didn
Supreme Comm. L. Sencore
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4986 on Sat Sep 22, 2001 8:14 am

Cygni raised a hand and heated the metal walls of the ship to an unbelievable degree. It immediately began to warm the air with a hot blast that settled to the temperature Salya had requested. She lowered her hand and watched these creatures. They were as inscrutable to her as she most probably was to them. Her equivelant to their facial expressions occurred in a non physical sense and their physical reactions meant nothing to her. She was well aware that these were diplomats and that even had she been most familiar with their physiology she would not have been able to interpret much anyway.
"How may I accommodate you? I wish to wait to explain my presence until I may speak to all representatives at once. Whatever you require will be provided for you and questions you have will be answered at my discretion. I am called Cygni and I am chosen to intercede in your dimension. May I asked your titles?"
She gazed at them almost indifferently as if not quite aware of their presence, though she spoke to them. Her whole bearing was not quite right in the physical sense. She was solidly there, true enough. Her dark brown hair fell naturally to her waist, her wings made small movements that looked normal. But her feet didn't quite contact the floor in a regular manner and her eyes couldn't seem to focus on the physical surroundings as they would if she were human or some other regular life form.
ZOMBIE USER 4986
Regular Poster

Postby Supreme Comm. L. Sencore on Sat Sep 22, 2001 8:36 am

"I will be willing to wait for the other represantatives if you would be willing to let me contact some of the other groups."
Salya said
Supreme Comm. L. Sencore
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4986 on Sat Sep 22, 2001 8:40 am

Cygni contemplated the confident being across from her, obviously very much in control of the other representatives. "You have inherent complete freedom of choice. Contact who you will."
ZOMBIE USER 4986
Regular Poster

Postby Supreme Comm. L. Sencore on Sat Sep 22, 2001 8:50 am

With the permision of Cygni, Salya turned and walked a distance away. Stopping she tapped a few buttons on a device she wore on her wrist. A small hallographic window appeared floating in the air before her.
Supreme Comm. L. Sencore
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4986 on Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:32 am

Cygni remained motionless as the representatives of the G.L., also known as the G.O.P.E. walked up the metal hallway. Her blue eyes, looking as if the deepest part of the sky had crystallized in them, observed their form of life. They were obviously well used to space travel for they managed their movements easily. The simple blue sheath she wore moved slightly in the warm breath exhaled from their ship.
"Well met," she greeted them as equals. "What temperature do you find most preferable to your form of life?" The coldness of her craft was apparent in the contrast of the air from their ship.
ZOMBIE USER 4986
Regular Poster

Postby Republic Fleet Command on Sat Sep 22, 2001 10:34 am

Republic Fleet Command
Regular Poster

Postby Supreme Comm. L. Sencore on Sun Sep 23, 2001 12:09 am

Creator post- *Ahem* to reply to those who criticize certain styles of writing, I will explain them. While you may not think that Paige and I are contributing to the actual flow of the story it is because you don
Supreme Comm. L. Sencore
Regular Poster

Postby Supreme Comm. L. Sencore on Sun Sep 23, 2001 1:48 am

Supreme Comm. L. Sencore
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4986 on Sun Sep 23, 2001 7:57 am

Cygni could sense the ripples of sound waves eminating from the battle and though she didn't understand why the two beings in authority should be arguing over the matter she did understand that it was the circumstance holding up Salya's call. She glanced at the impatient representative and wondered what she was thinking. It was the first time she had ever had the much interest in a life that was soley physical. Salya, unaware of her vague curiousity, was unflattered.
ZOMBIE USER 4986
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4986 on Mon Sep 24, 2001 9:27 am

Although Cygni didn't grow impatient she finally understood that these beings would. The time it would take for other spacecraft to traverse the distance between their starting points and her ports would only increase the aggravation that existed currently. She turned, less focused on the physical world around her and using her non physical connections located the other spaceship traveling to them. With a move of her hand and a stronger movement in the non physical world she opened a rift right in front of them. Intra-dimensional of course so that they would merely skim inbetween dimensions and exit back into their own intstead of an inter-dimensional one where they would actually leave their home dimension. It was a matter of merely three minutes. Then there were spacecraft where none had been before. The CyrezxCorp and their company had arrived.
<p>[This message has been edited by Cygni (edited 09-27-2001).]
ZOMBIE USER 4986
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4986 on Wed Sep 26, 2001 7:17 am

Cygni knew of the approaching addition to their group before any of the physical beings did. She had to strain to determine who was coming. The toll taken on her physically was affecting her non physical abilities. She still didn't realize her condition though, she could only tell she was struggling.<P>Kerr appeared in a shadowed corner of the ship, unnoticed by the beings there she thought. Younger than Cygni and shier by far, she watched for a minute. She didn't understand what they were saying nearly as well as Cygni would have and their motions frightened her. Where was Cygni?
The man Radigen moved a little and Kerr saw the presence she sought.
"Cygni!" she gasped, darting across the room with a surprising quickness. For all Cygni's experience, Kerr's youth let her adjust to the physical world much easier. She dropped to Cygni's side, terrified at the sight of her mentor in such a state.
"What problem has she?" she demanded of the life forms around her. "What causes this?"
Kerr didn't have time to wait for an answer as she sensed Cygni losing consciousness. The consequences of that were immediately apparent to Kerr. The molecular structure of the ship, sustained by Cygni herself, began to disintegrate. Kerr hurriedly tried to ascertain how to support the craft.
There was a loud cracking noise as the outer shell of the ship lost support and fell away. The inside would be the last to go but it was a matter of mere seconds. Cygni was fading further into blackout. Kerr frantically groped in the nonphysical world for a way to take Cygni's control from her. In near panic she began to shake, desperate.
Suddenly she found the link she was looking for and managed to transfer the support of the ship to herself. It was a massive distraction to maintaining her own physical form but she coped with it. Through an effort she caused the ship to resume it's shape. Then she turned her attention back to the slender unconscious form on the floor. The strain of keeping her attention split was almost too much for her and she didn't know how long she could keep it up. The ship had a lifespan that could be measured in less than an hour, she knew.
ZOMBIE USER 4986
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4986 on Wed Sep 26, 2001 9:51 am

She stiffened, the quick motions alerting her to a possible attack. But evidently these beings had no such thing in mind. There was no damage done to her but the instant flare up between the beings that had previously arrived and the new ones concerned her. Under no circumstances should a conflict start here, especially over her.
After a moment of tense watching she relaxed a bit. The words they hurled at one another were apparently causing no damage. Still, she didn't understand their behavior in the least. Well, let them do what they would until the other delegations arrived.
As a cautionary measure she concentrated on sliding a dimensional discrepancy between the two parties. There was no visible sign of it unless you stood at exactly the right angle and from there it made it seem you were viewing the scene from a cracked mirror. It would keep the physical beings from crossing that point.
ZOMBIE USER 4986
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Adventures of Captain Mooki, The