!? Is Sugar High the name of your comic?

!? Is Sugar High the name of your comic?

Postby AnimeCanuck on Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:39 pm

:o

I'm very worried! I was innocently perusing (sp?) the forums on my way up to Seasons of Constancy from Yankuckcanee... when I saw the title for your forum, Sugar High.

This worries me quite a bit... seeing as I'm planning a mini-comic (which will last about 3 months) to put up at Yankuckcanee... and you guessed right.... It's name is "Sugar High" too! I've had this idea in mind for quite some time now, about 8 or 9 months...

I hope you don't mind this rather odd coincidence, but if you do, let me know and I'll try to come up with another name for the comic.

Also, you could use this funny little mishap as some kind of marketing ploy. You know, we could both link to each other during this time or something. You could say something like "Wow, my comic is SO LOVED that someone named their comic after mine, in hopes of becoming more popular!" Or "Wow! My comic is so popular/loved that someone felt the need to rip-off my name!" You know, something along those lines, and it would all be in good fun. And of course, I could put up a little disclaimer under all my strips or something, leading them to your site with a similar nature. "This comic contains no material related to the comic 'Sugar High' (that would be the link) whatsoever. Any relation at all to persons, plots, or layouts is purely coincidental."

What do you think?

Anyways, the reason MY comic is called Sugar High, is 'cause it follow's four high-school student's lives through their lunch times, and all the wacky zaniness therein. They are supposed to be quite out of it, like their "High" on Sugar. Plus, it's a highschool. So, I thought the name fit nicely.

Please get back to me on this touchy issue A.S.A.P.

Thanks a bunch!

-Christine the AnimeCanuck
AnimeCanuck
Regular Poster

Return to Sugar High