*Sigh*

*Sigh*

Postby Dispater on Sun Aug 25, 2002 9:19 pm

Hello. It's me. I'm still alive. I really should've done this earlier, and I'm sorry. (Seems like I'm saying that entirely too much...yet I can't stop!)

Well this certainly didn't work out at all like I'd intended. I'd *intended* to update back in May, and I actually had some updates back in May. So what happened? My computer blew up. It started rebooting randomly about two or so weeks into May, and finally just cut out on me completely the first week of June. I'd assumed it was some kind of OS error, tried just about everything to get it working, and finally gave up and did a hard drive reformat. Lost about 4 comics in the process, but figured it would be worth the sacrifice. And as it turned out - it wasn't the stupid hard drive at all.

Fast forward about three months. Roughly three weeks ago, I was browsing through the WinXP handbooks in a bookstore and happened to catch an obscure little error message in the troubleshooting. It matched mine. So I go home, remove both of my memory modules, and replace them one at a time. One booted. The other refused. There was my problem the entire time...and it only took three months and about four gigs of lost data to discover it. I don't think I can call myself computer literate anymore.

Unfortunately, that coincided with the first stepping up of rehearsals at the musical I was performing in, as well as the last few weeks of my hospital internship. Those were the major factors, but a healthy amount of depression also helped. I realized rather completely this summer that I really didn't want to be a doctor anymore, and that I was enjoying theatre entirely too much, and that I'd come to these realizations entirely too late to keep things simple. A few financial woes also contributed.

I should have said something - borrowed my lab's computers or something the occasions that I was there. Made an announcement or something at least, and I'm very sorry that I did not. I can't say what stopped me - I don't know.

Anyway, I'm not taking classes this semester, opting to Co-op instead. I've started drawing again, and I will likely be putting on those comics that were deleted when my computer died pretty soon. Perhaps I'll get *some* regularity back.

G
Dispater
Regular Poster

Hello ^_^

Postby Zero 2001 on Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:20 am

Hey man. It's not you fault.

Heh. I was going to say that it wasn't a big deal.. But that would be a lie, because we love your comic.

You've got a busy year. I understand, and everyone here that has a bit of compassion in them would do the same.
The one thing that I am worried about though, would be that I think that you are out readers... :)

Well. You'll be starting from where you left, and I am very impressed by that; You aren't some kid that would delete the page and start over again.

Well... We'll be waiting for next update. ^_^

See ya.
Zero 2001

Hi!

Postby Dispater on Tue Sep 03, 2002 5:59 pm

Ahhh...thank you, Zero. I find it positively amazing that despite being so poorly managed, infrequently updated, and so prone to sudden disappearances, this comic has still managed to pick up a steady reader or two. Thank you. Very much. I mean that - you make me feel good to be back :)
Dispater
Regular Poster

Postby Zero 2001 on Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:46 am

Heh, no problem. ^_^
I'ts a good comic.
Zero 2001

Return to The Seventh Guardian of Midnight