What? Where's the loads of fans?

What? Where's the loads of fans?

Postby W.M.Y.L.G. Joe on Tue Dec 17, 2002 6:14 am

When I came upon this comic last night, I quickly became immersed in the archives and was constantly laughing my butt off. I have to say Mr. Cooper, despite what your recent pleads to readers would imply, I think you comic is excellent and should have many fans at this point. I was sorta surprised to come in here and not see plenty of people posting. I'll do my best to get the word out to friends and such, but for now I've been voting at the keenspace 100 when I can on my own. Sorry if I can't send you money being the poor college student I am. But I want to tell you I really do appreciate your comic and your sense of humor. Keep up the good work! :D
"If you take a slam, get up and land that sucker. Don't let it beat you." - Anon.

"God has the power to heal smooshed brains." - Gloria Higginbottom
W.M.Y.L.G. Joe
Regular Poster

Postby Infinity-Iz-Blue on Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:28 am

You know, it does seem strange that there's only a few people who read this comic. Maybe it's the lack of nudity? Well sod 'em if that's all their brains can handle. And it could also be that new strips have dried up (I'm sure there's a good reason for his, and besides, I read something like six webcomics, so it don't bother me none).
"OH, I'VE SEEN THE INFINITE, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL."
"Don't be daft! you can't see the infinite, it's... infinite!"
"I HAVE."
"Ok then, what did it look like?"
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black."
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black!"
"FROM THE OUTSIDE IT'S BLUE..."
Terry Pratchett, 'Soul Music'
Infinity-Iz-Blue
Cartoon Hero

Postby SnOoGaNs on Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:37 am

S'okay. Most of my readers are poor college kids. It's pretty much my target audience. If I wanted to appeal to rich, middle-aged stock-brokers, I'd be churning out stuff like Garfield and Beetle Bailey.
And yes, the reason I don't have more fans is probably because many people get tired of waiting for new comics and leave. These days, I just don't have time to work on the comic. My job is pretty stressful, to say the least. I'll see what I can do about updating more often for you guys.
SnOoGaNs
Regular Poster

Postby Infinity-Iz-Blue on Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:56 pm

Hey, no pressure. If you struggle to get things done, then no problem with me at all, I'll just re-read the whole thing and see if I can mentally reconstruct the 'gutted' archives from obscure hints and such (I'm sad like that). :) Besides, I'm sure you wouldn't want to change pace or style simply to pull in more people from outside of your target audience.
"OH, I'VE SEEN THE INFINITE, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL."
"Don't be daft! you can't see the infinite, it's... infinite!"
"I HAVE."
"Ok then, what did it look like?"
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black."
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black!"
"FROM THE OUTSIDE IT'S BLUE..."
Terry Pratchett, 'Soul Music'
Infinity-Iz-Blue
Cartoon Hero

Postby Aphius on Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:26 am

SnOoGaNs wrote:These days, I just don't have time to work on the comic. My job is pretty stressful, to say the least. I'll see what I can do about updating more often for you guys.
I wouldn't rush it, its all good. :)

Nobody wants you to sacrifice quantity for quality. :D
"Jesus loves you just the way you are. Cthulhu thinks you need some barbecue sauce."
Aphius

Postby Wildcat4Ever on Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:27 pm

*I'm* a load of a fan! :D

I just found the strip this morning, linked from Roughies. Absorbed the available archives, and enjoyed it very much!

I think that any lack of readers is a function of Keenspace itself -- and I don't mean to knock Keenspace by saying that. Every so often I'll dig through their index and discover a couple of "gems" that're worth bookmarking. Sometimes, that's the only way to find the good ones.

Don't give up on the comic! I have questions, but I'll read through the rest of the forum before I ask anything that's been answered already. :)

Wildcat
Wildcat4Ever

Postby Aphius on Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:02 am

Well, Im going to try and bring more people here to this great comic by putting your banner up in my sig at another message board I go to. A fair few people visit it, hopefully should bring some more people here. :)
"Jesus loves you just the way you are. Cthulhu thinks you need some barbecue sauce."
Aphius

Postby Aphius on Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:25 am

Where'd the banners go? One minute they were there then...

BAM! 1x1 pixel replacement! :o
Aphius

Postby Aphius on Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:50 pm

Its back now! Image
Aphius

OH, THE HUMANITY OF IT!

Postby Theillustriousgrandpooka on Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:10 am

Outrageous Fortune! Walk the Underdog! Oh Bob'N'Ed, we will restore your fanbase to shiny bristling new levels of geekdom wankery! :o

Oh, the outpouring, oh the burgeoning fans. Woe to you who do not post! Whoa! Now, what was I saying? Oh, yes!

Bob-N-Ed has a growing cult base of loyal and devoted FANS right down here in South Florida! 8)

What are we going to do for you? We're not sure yet, but the main thing now that the Keenspace server is back up and purring, IS TO GET EVERYONE CAUGHT UP!

The first step in this process is to see what kind of public events we can do for you, oh kind sir, with your marvelous updating techniques of marvelous updating, and your dauntless Wacom of DOOM!

These things are very very important and we are very very grateful, and for this we are scrapping our plans for sending you proceeds in the form of rice pudding... unless we could perhaps see Kelly doing something... oh no never mind. Steady on! :wink:

At the Ready With an Army of Devoted Automatons,
tIGP
Theillustriousgrandpooka

Return to Bob 'N' Ed