Domestic abuse or submissive fetish?

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)

Domestic abuse or submissive fetish?

Postby BenMCOB on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:12 am

It's been a couple of years since I last visited this place so I'd be surprised if anyone remembers me, but this is the only place I know of which might be able to help me figure this out.

So my girlfriend was linked to this blog on a forum she frequents, with lots of outrage ensuing about the domestic abuse within. The problem is that over the years I've seen all heard of all fetishes and fictional stories catered towards all sorts of crowds, so I'm kind of desensitised to it. As such I'm really not sure whether this a real blog about someone involved in a horribly abusive relationship, someone involved in a very submissive relationship, or a complete work of fiction catered towards people who have an interest in the more extreme ends of a domiation/submissive relationship. But since I don't have personal experience with any of these topics, and hadn't even heard of this "Christian Domestic Dicipline" that the same person who linked it says it follows. The fact it links to a place called http://www.allspankingblogs.com makes it lean more towards it being more of fetish blog thing, but I can't be 100% certain.

Can anyone offer a better insight into this?
"I won't go down without a fight, Quirk! I know Kung-Fu, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Judo, and several other chinese words!" - Roger Wilco
BenMCOB
Regular Poster

Re: Domestic abuse or submissive fetish?

Postby Aeridus on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:00 am

Here's another link providing more details: http://womensrights.change.org/blog/vie ... e_marriage

As far as I can tell, "Christian Domestic Discipline" is some kind of bizarre fetish for people who believe that marriages should have the man firmly in control. Or something. It most definitely appears to be a real thing.
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Re: Domestic abuse or submissive fetish?

Postby ManaUser on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:08 pm

I ran into that site before courtesy of FSTDT, and came to the same conclusion, it's basically just Christian themed BDSM. Some people like it with leather, some people like with sci-fi, some people like it with Jesus.
ManaUser
Cartoon Hero

Return to Ghastly's Ghastly Comic