So...

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)

So...

Postby Illithid Tentacles on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Things are pretty dead around here. Would anyone happen to know of any active forums that are similar to how this one used to be?
It is very dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
User avatar
Illithid Tentacles
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:38 am

Re: So...

Postby Kittyboymuffin on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:11 pm

You mean gregariously naughty, without an assumption that you must necessarily live said naughtiness as your entire life built into the premise (like the KittenPlay forums, which I ended up leaving for precisely that reason)?

Hmm ... I dunno. If I did I did, I probably would've fled there long ago.
A catboy is fine too. And I dancedancedance and I dancedancedance!

Kinkymuffin ^^

Quote: "The only thing better than tentacles is twentyacles." -- Dori, at TS MUSH
User avatar
Kittyboymuffin
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:51 pm
Location: Earth

Re: So...

Postby Halo299 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:40 pm

man, things used to be a blast around here.
User avatar
Halo299
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:02 am
Location: kentucky

Re: So...

Postby Infinity-Iz-Blue on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:12 pm

Couldn't tell ya, 'Tentacles. GGC forum is, as far as my experience goes, entirely unique.

Whatever happened here? Was it just that Ghastly stopped making the comic, or did everyone contract an Internet-communicable plague while I was away? :cry:
"OH, I'VE SEEN THE INFINITE, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL."
"Don't be daft! you can't see the infinite, it's... infinite!"
"I HAVE."
"Ok then, what did it look like?"
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black."
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black!"
"FROM THE OUTSIDE IT'S BLUE..."
Terry Pratchett, 'Soul Music'
User avatar
Infinity-Iz-Blue
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:05 pm
Location: Plymouth, Devon, England

Re: So...

Postby Churba on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Infinity-Iz-Blue wrote:Couldn't tell ya, 'Tentacles. GGC forum is, as far as my experience goes, entirely unique.

Whatever happened here? Was it just that Ghastly stopped making the comic, or did everyone contract an Internet-communicable plague while I was away? :cry:

Well, the comic died, and after that, people just slowly started drifting away. We're pretty much the sole bastion of GGC left.
boring 7 wrote:Though one might argue that 4chan is just a giant, free-form MMO that never stops, nevar forgets, and is not your friend.
User avatar
Churba
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:39 am

Re: So...

Postby Aeridus on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:50 am

I'm still alive~

But yeah, it sucks that the forums are so quiet. I miss all the crazy times we had in the past.
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
User avatar
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm

Re: So...

Postby Halo299 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:45 am

Churba wrote:
Infinity-Iz-Blue wrote:Couldn't tell ya, 'Tentacles. GGC forum is, as far as my experience goes, entirely unique.

Whatever happened here? Was it just that Ghastly stopped making the comic, or did everyone contract an Internet-communicable plague while I was away? :cry:

Well, the comic died, and after that, people just slowly started drifting away. We're pretty much the sole bastion of GGC left.


I agree.

without new comics we just seemed to run out of stuff to talk about.
User avatar
Halo299
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:02 am
Location: kentucky

Re: So...

Postby Churba on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:25 am

Halo299 wrote:
Churba wrote:
Infinity-Iz-Blue wrote:Couldn't tell ya, 'Tentacles. GGC forum is, as far as my experience goes, entirely unique.

Whatever happened here? Was it just that Ghastly stopped making the comic, or did everyone contract an Internet-communicable plague while I was away? :cry:

Well, the comic died, and after that, people just slowly started drifting away. We're pretty much the sole bastion of GGC left.


I agree.

without new comics we just seemed to run out of stuff to talk about.

Well, that, and there is nothing to draw in newbies, so without new blood, and people drifting away, it gets distilled down to, well, us. Seriously, I'm pretty sure the last new person we had was Vedius Pollo, and if I'm off, it's not by much, one at the most.
boring 7 wrote:Though one might argue that 4chan is just a giant, free-form MMO that never stops, nevar forgets, and is not your friend.
User avatar
Churba
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:39 am

Re: So...

Postby Lowky on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:32 pm

I think Churba hit it on the head, there's no new blood, so nothing much new is happening. I think most of us are still lurking, but without the occasional newbie to essential resurrect posts and keep them going, we tend to get dist Oooh Shiny!
nik said @ 6:45pm on 2nd Oct [Score:1 Funny] - moderate/reply
If she's not got an octopus in her cunt, she's not really Japanese.

Hope this helps.
User avatar
Lowky
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1346
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Xiangfan, CN

Re: So...

Postby Infinity-Iz-Blue on Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:59 pm

That being said, if anybody does find a new spot for us, please forward it to the rest of us.
"OH, I'VE SEEN THE INFINITE, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL."
"Don't be daft! you can't see the infinite, it's... infinite!"
"I HAVE."
"Ok then, what did it look like?"
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black."
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black!"
"FROM THE OUTSIDE IT'S BLUE..."
Terry Pratchett, 'Soul Music'
User avatar
Infinity-Iz-Blue
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:05 pm
Location: Plymouth, Devon, England

Re: So...

Postby Kittyboymuffin on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:59 pm

And I just wanted to say "gregarious." :3

And "fled"! :3
A catboy is fine too. And I dancedancedance and I dancedancedance!

Kinkymuffin ^^

Quote: "The only thing better than tentacles is twentyacles." -- Dori, at TS MUSH
User avatar
Kittyboymuffin
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:51 pm
Location: Earth

Re: So...

Postby Aeridus on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:17 am

And I just wanted to unleash the tentacles. ;)
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
User avatar
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm

Blarg.

Postby Protagonist on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Don't flee to parts unknown! Or, at least, if you do, leave a link so everyone can follow.

Also, I've been gone for a little while. How's everyone been?
Protagonist
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:01 pm

Re: So...

Postby Aeridus on Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:32 pm

I'm doing well, making a project for AI that learns how to play card games.
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
User avatar
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm

Re: So...

Postby Goddessmisca on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Yea...ITs just that all of us have reverted to lurking its too bad.

But it makes me squee when I see a ggc forumite who recognizes me somewhere else on the intrenet
"You know those things called "gamer girls" yes we exist, and I am one of them. If you could kindly stop worrying about your erection and pick up that controller so I can whip your ass I'd appreciate it."
naked pictures of Misca are going to be the new world currency when the tentacles take over. ~Squiddy
*suddenly wants a miscashake* ;) ~aeridus
User avatar
Goddessmisca
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:07 am
Location: Tacoma--ish Wa

Re: So...

Postby Aeridus on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Well, the IRC channel is still around if people want to join in. ;) It's been more active lately.
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
User avatar
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm

Re: So...

Postby Illithid Tentacles on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:07 am

Well, I finally got around to dragging mIRC out from under the pile of crap I had it stashed under and figuring out how it works well enough to get into a room.Nobody else is around at the momnet, but I'm not surprised considering it's 7AM. So, yeah, I'll try to be visiting there.
It is very dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
User avatar
Illithid Tentacles
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:38 am

Re: So...

Postby Kittyboymuffin on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:57 pm

A catboy is fine too. And I dancedancedance and I dancedancedance!

Kinkymuffin ^^

Quote: "The only thing better than tentacles is twentyacles." -- Dori, at TS MUSH
User avatar
Kittyboymuffin
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:51 pm
Location: Earth

Re: So...

Postby Aeridus on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:48 am

Aw, cute song. :D
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
User avatar
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:39 pm

Re: So...

Postby Halo299 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:42 pm

Goddessmisca wrote:Yea...ITs just that all of us have reverted to lurking its too bad.

But it makes me squee when I see a ggc forumite who recognizes me somewhere else on the intrenet


I get that from time to time.

I am friends with Honor, Swordsman, and Ghastly on facebook.

but Honor is the only one i talk to even semi regularly.
User avatar
Halo299
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:02 am
Location: kentucky

Next

 

Return to Ghastly's Ghastly Comic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest